Electric buses

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric buses

by moinsdewatt » 31/01/20, 22:47

[Image of the day] In Strasbourg, Alstom delivers its very first 100% electric bus

SIMON CHODORGE Usine Nouvelle 31/01/2020

IMAGES Alstom delivered its first Aptis bus on January 31. This 100% electric model should equip several major French cities in the future.

Good news for Alstom. Friday, January 31, the French group delivered for the first time one of its 100% electric Aptis buses. The vehicle was approved by the Compagnie des Transports Strasbourgeois (CTS) in Bas-Rhin. Ultimately, 12 Aptis buses will equip the transport network of the Alsatian capital.

The first electric bus in the Strasbourg network

"This is a major new step for Alstom which aims to be the most innovative global player in sustainable and intelligent mobility", commented the French company in a press release. The Aptis model also represents the first electric bus in the Strasbourg network. The order had been announced in March 2019. Contacted by L'Usine Nouvelle, CTS did not wish to reveal the amount of the contract.

With a length of 12 meters, the bus is distinguished by rounded lines and large bay windows. According to Alstom, the model “offers a glass surface 25% greater than that of a standard bus as well as a lounge area in the back offering a panoramic view of the city”.

On the technology side, the CTS buses have a slow charging system. They can be charged overnight at the depot. “Aptis is also available for recharging by opportunity at the terminus with recharging solutions by the ground or by pantograph”, specifies Alstom.

Seven factories participate in design and construction

Aptis buses are manufactured not far from Strasbourg. The design, production and testing takes place at the Alstom Aptis site in Hangenbieten (Bas-Rhin). Six other industrial sites contribute to design and manufacturing: Ornans (Doubs) for the engines, Reichshoffen (Bas-Rhin) for the sides, Saint-Ouen (Hauts-de-Seine) for system integration, Tarbes (Hautes-Pyrénées) for traction, Villeurbanne (Rhône) for the chain's electronic components and finally Vitrolles (Bouches-du-Rhône) which is developing one of the charging solutions.

The Aptis bus must appear in other cities in France. Alstom has received orders from RATP, Grenoble (Isère), La Rochelle (Charente-Maritime) and Toulon (Var).

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/l ... ue.N925044
1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 02/02/20, 22:45

How Marseille will convert 100% of its buses to electric

By Hugo LAR January 30, 2020

The first French city to launch a 100% electric bus line in 2016, Marseille is now working on the conversion of its entire fleet by 2035. An ambitious objective in view of its vast fleet and technical constraints.

No more diesel buses will circulate in the streets of Marseille within fifteen years. Network manager, the Régie des transports métropolitains (RTM) has announced the conversion of its fleet of 630 city buses to electric by 2035. A transition already started in 2016, with the inauguration of the first line in France exclusively operated by battery electric buses. Still in circulation, the six Irizar i2e equipped with a 376 kWh sodium-nickel battery transport the city dwellers daily between the Old Port and Saint-Charles train station. But before extending the electric to all its lines, the RTM wishes to test other models.

Irizar electric bus in service in Marseille, L'Irizar i2e

Convert 50 buses each year

In addition to the Irizar i2e, the operator will launch this year Safra Businova, Mercedes E-Citaro, Volvo 7900 and Heuliez GX 337, all 100% electric. The RTM will also test Mercedes Citaro hybrid-diesel to ensure the transition. In total, 80 hybrid and 20 electric models will already be in circulation at the end of 2020 for an investment of 12 million euros. An envelope which also includes the study of appropriate charging solutions and the possibility of using pantograph buses provided by ABB and Irizar. By renewing 50 vehicles on average each year, the manager hopes to reach its goal of a zero-emission fleet in 2035.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/comme ... rique/amp/
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 02/05/20, 15:16

Continuation of this post of Dec 31, 2013 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 16#p355916

New electric bus line in London, line 94.

This brings the number of double-decker electric buses in London to 280.

London opens all-electric double-deck route 94 bus

February 20, 2020

BYD-ADLDOUBLE-DECKERELECTRIC BUSESLONDONFLUK

London now got its third all-electric double-deck bus line on route 94, running between Acton Green and Piccadilly Circus. The electrification of route 94 brings the current total of electric double-deck buses in the capital to 280.

The central route is operated by RATP Dev that had added 29 electric double-deckers of type BYD ADL Enviro400EV this Tuesday. The e-bus achieves up to 160 miles on a single charge with power coming through BYD's pure-electric drivetrain comprising the electric motor and 382 kWh Iron-Phosphate batteries.

The new vehicle is also fitted with the Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) which generates sound at speeds below 12mph to alert pedestrians and vulnerable road users. This latest delivery sees the total number of BYD ADL's electric buses in service climb to 269, including 200 single decks.

The electrification of route 94 follows the 43 and 134 routes in 2019 and London now sports an impressive 280 all-electric double-deck buses. Moreover, another twelve routes are expected to become fully electric throughout 2020. The C3, operating between West Cromwell Road and Clapham Junction, and the 23, operating between Westbourne Park and Hammersmith, are next in line to be electrified.

Claire Mann, TfL's Director of Bus Operations, considers this “a major moment on the road to a fully zero-emission fleet”. She added that “with more electric double-deck buses to follow, and all new single-deck buses required to be zero-emission from next year, buses are helping to bring the capital's air inside legal limits”.

https://www.electrive.com/2020/02/20/lo ... -route-94/
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 02/05/20, 16:18

Hello lessdewatt, I discovered this subject. Do electric buses in Grenoble work well?
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 03/05/20, 00:04

taam wrote:Hello lessdewatt, I discovered this subject. Do electric buses in Grenoble work well?

I do not know that there are already.

There are quite a few buses in Gaz.
And tram, necessarily.

Last edited by moinsdewatt the 03 / 05 / 20, 00: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/05/20, 00:05

taam wrote:Hello lessdewatt, I discovered this subject. Do electric buses in Grenoble work well?

In general, all electric vehicles work quite well.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 03/05/20, 14:09

Yes, in general and my bike works very well.

But as LessdeWatt leads this subject from Isère so I ask him if he knows what they think of their electric buses at TAG (I'm talking about employees eh, ...)
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 03/05/20, 15:14

taam wrote:Yes, in general and my bike works very well.

But as LessdeWatt leads this subject from Isère so I ask him if he knows what they think of their electric buses at TAG (I'm talking about employees eh, ...)

As I told you there is not yet an electric bus in the Grenoble metro.

however, the first investment decision was made in 2019:
The second decision concerns the acquisition by SEMITAG (delegatee) of 7 electric buses. The SMTC has retained the Aptis model from the manufacturer Alstom Aptis, a subsidiary of Alstom.

https://www.transbus.org/actualite/actu ... icite.html

I do not know when it will be delivered.
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 03/05/20, 22:46

Sorry, I hadn't seen the first response.
Personally, I understand that these buses were being tested, and posed autonomy problems.
To confirm.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 27/06/20, 23:50

Mercedes would be the first with a solid battery?

Tue 23/06/2020 enginenature - But not on a car.

We are starting to know well the current lithium ion batteries, their limits too, and for a few years, we hear that a new technology could soon succeed them: the so-called solid batteries. It is not entirely new. The Bolloré Bluecar LMP batteries were already solid batteries, but they lacked a very high operating temperature. We are waiting for a new generation that would operate at conventional lithium-ion temperatures, and it could be Mercedes that would be the first manufacturer to offer them in series. But due to the limits of this technology, it is on a bus that the German manufacturer would introduce the novelty. A giant, articulated bus capable of carrying 146 passengers. Its normal battery is a lithium ion with a capacity of 292 kWh. In a few months, Mercedes will put on the market a new generation of a capacity in very clear progress, at 396 kWh. Solid batteries would appear at the same time, they have the advantage of being free of expensive metals, such as nickel or cobalt, without even manganese. But their capacity would further increase, reaching 441 kWh.

Mercedes plans to offer both technologies to its customers, lithium ion or solid battery, because if the second has better energy density, it has the defect of being less flexible to use. You cannot recharge with any power, nor as often as you would like, for small extra recharges during the day. It is for these reasons that solid battery technology will be reserved for buses. But nothing is final.

https://www.moteurnature.com/30446-merc ... rie-solide
0 x