The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/12/21, 22:14

ABC2019 wrote:=
Do you realize anyway that humanity survived a rise in water of 100 meters which submerged millions of km ^ 2 at the end of the last glaciation?

And yeah, no idiots, they stepped back so they didn't drown. We know, you've already produced this foul-smelling turd. : roll:
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 07/12/21, 07:54

ABC2019 wrote:
olivierd wrote:Like it or not, when the glaciers melt, all the water that came from their melting during the summer will be gone, so the rivers and streams will be dry ..., leaving the salty sea to rise up the beds rivers ... it's not complicated and you don't need to be catastrophist to simply see it, it's just a fact

olive

Do you realize all the same that humanity survived a rise in water levels of 100 meters which submerged millions of km ^ 2 at the end of the last glaciation?

it is just a fact.

I am delighted; but people weren't dependent on a tight flow of delivery of goods, and were a little less numerous ... and we are not talking about the end of mankind, but just the system as it is, it will remain always a few tribes here and there if not too much nuclear in the air ... and then the planet does not care about humanity

olive

I'm happy for you that you can do without it so easily, me, I don't know how I'm going to feed my family and heat my house when there is no more electricity ... you will explain to me ?? we have less than 10 years left
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 07/12/21, 08:15

olivierd wrote: I don't know how I'm going to feed my family and heat my house when there is no more electricity ... can you explain to me ?? we have less than 10 years left

The collapse should not be seen as a fateful date when everything collapses, it is a gradual degradation.
10 years is surely the starting signal although my point of view has already started : Arrow: yellowing vest : Wink:
Personal opinion:
For heating I would say a maximum of solar (thermal and / or PV), a maximum of thermal insulation and a little wood.
and the food : Arrow: vegetable garden to have more. Autonomy seems inaccessible to me.
and above all, water (rain, well)
and a bit of stock altogether to deal with supply disruptions. (especially PQ! : Lol: )
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/12/21, 10:15

Throughout this timeline, we will observe how these scientific elements and climate governance, in particular the setting of climate goals, have influenced each other over the years. In a last part, we will distinguish the climatic inertia, strictly geophysical, from the societal inertia, which also plays a capital role in the stabilization of the climate. For those in a hurry, you will find a summary of the latest knowledge in the first part of the article.
https://climatanthropocene.com/2021/11/ ... s-societes
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 07/12/21, 17:12

olivierd wrote:
I'm happy for you that you can do without it so easily, me, I don't know how I'm going to feed my family and heat my house when there is no more electricity ... you will explain to me ?? we have less than 10 years left

well listen, see you in 10 years, but you have time to install a log stove by then (I have a fireplace with an insert in addition to my heat pump)
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 07/12/21, 22:28

humus wrote:
olivierd wrote: I don't know how I'm going to feed my family and heat my house when there is no more electricity ... can you explain to me ?? we have less than 10 years left

The collapse should not be seen as a fateful date when everything collapses, it is a gradual degradation.

In fact since 1971, 50 years ...
10 years is surely the starting signal although my point of view has already started : Arrow: yellowing vest : Wink:
Personal opinion:
For heating I would say a maximum of solar (thermal and / or PV), a maximum of thermal insulation and a little wood.
and the food : Arrow: vegetable garden to have more. Autonomy seems inaccessible to me.
and above all, water (rain, well)
two tons of pasta and 2000 liters of water and an AK to defend all that against those sui will not fail to come and help themselves, this is where autonomy is impossible
and a bit of stock altogether to deal with supply disruptions. (especially PQ! : Lol: ) and batteries, soap, sanitary protection, etc.

I am still surprised that people who are aware of the coming collapse have not read the meadows report, nor "limits to growth" ...

for me it will start before 10 years ... with fuels at 5 € / l, but I don't care, I drive very little
olive
0 x
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/21, 04:30

olivierd wrote:I am still surprised that people who are aware of the coming collapse have not read the meadows report, nor "limits to growth" ...

for me it will start before 10 years ... with fuels at 5 € / l, but I don't care, I drive very little
olive

if you had read it yourself, you would know that it never talks about global warming, that it does not put the effects of it in its simulation, and if in addition you had read the IPCC reports, you would see that a collapse in 10 years corresponds precisely to minimal warming. So you can't believe in both at the same time, it's completely illogical and incompatible.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 08/12/21, 07:25

ABC2019 wrote:
olivierd wrote:I am still surprised that people who are aware of the coming collapse have not read the meadows report, nor "limits to growth" ...

olive

if you had read it yourself, you would know that it never talks about global warming, that it does not put the effects of it in its simulation, and if in addition you had read the IPCC reports, you would see thata collapse in 10 years corresponds precisely to minimal warming. So you can't believe in both at the same time, it's completely illogical and incompatible.

I'm going to read it again ... but for me the collapse is before 10 years ... and the warming (and we are already above forecasts), is only one symptom among others, the he organic collapse will begin when the ice creams melt, and it's going much, much faster than meadows said.
anyway, whatever we say, it's triggered and it's irreversible, we can only control the speed of the fall a little.
Guess you know these charts, but they only go up to 2010, I can't find newer ones ... I'm looking ...
Image references
Will Steffen W. et al. (2015), The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration

olive
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 08/12/21, 07:33

olivierd wrote:
I'm going to read it again ... but for me the collapse is before 10 years ... and warming (and we are already above forecasts),

where did you come from that we are above forecasts?

otherwise the curves do not say that it has increased, but they do not allow you to give a date to the peak (if there is one, but I am quite convinced of it), nor on the speed of the decrease after ... you will notice that a fall in 10 years is very fast compared to the rise times of the curves (rather doubling in 30 to 50 years), which would give a very asymmetrical shape, quite improbable in fact.
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 08/12/21, 08:51

olive

For the "it's already started", I mixed resources and population. : Oops:
when I say it has already started, I was thinking of the start of a contraction in resources, which is not the start of the fall in the world's population.
In my opinion the collapse in limits to growth is the collapse of the world population. (Linked to other collapses before)
Indeed the beginning of the decline of the world population is "predicted" for in 10 years.
But it is not set in stone for a year or so, it is only a simulation that is ultimately rather qualitative, simply to understand what can happen.
No luck it turns out that the reality sticks quite well to the simulation but not very precise either, so for the dates, you have to see. start in 10 years? in 20 years ?
and this date is only the beginning of a progressive phenomenon.

I am clarifying this by what I feel you are worried about (and rightly so, since society is not moving : Mrgreen: ) but in life we ​​worry too much.
Anxiety consumes energy, you have to overcome it by building something positive.
The individual solutions that I listed were more for taking action and therefore overcoming worry, but not a miracle solution.
It's therapeutic if you prefer. : Wink:

Personally, I was sick of it when I discovered all this more than 10 years ago. : Wink:
The one who hit the nail on the head is survivalist Piero San Giorgio.
To imagine the worst, we have it.
By doing nothing but noticing and vegetating, we are preparing for the worst as well.

This is not what we need and above all that we could do much better with less by basing the economy on sustainability rather than profitability.

PS: in 1970 we did not talk about climate so limits to growth, it is "with a stable climate". Indeed it can be worse than limits to growth. Once again, it is better to work with a better individual and collective.
0 x