ITE insulation hollow brick wall

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
vegaman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

ITE insulation hollow brick wall

by vegaman » 24/03/15, 16:14

Hello everybody

I explain my situation to you:
I have my red brick facade wall composed of 3 rows of brick. Just before the windows, and only on the height of the window, I have a hollow. That is to say that I only have a row of brick on the inside and a row on the outside, this was certainly used to camouflage shutters that you could unfold / fold and slide them into this hollow.

Then I will insulate my walls from the inside. I would therefore like to add insulation to this "hollow". I specify that it is outside. What materials are used to ensure vapor migration in the walls? Indeed from the inside to the outside the configuration will be as follows:
- Lime coating
- Pavadentro insulation (wood wool with capillary layer to evacuate water vapor)
- Row of brick
- The famous vacuum that I want to isolate
- Row of brick

I started on the choice of cork in a sheet, but is it more permeable than bricks? Does it not risk blocking or slowing the water vapor? Because of this, I also thought of cork granules.
Finally, the last solution of wood fiber panels but will it not degrade with humidity?

Thank you for your answers
0 x