Seeking the most feasible utility ecolo

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/10/14, 18:07

when I was little there was temporary connection on all the small construction site of individual house: the mason could use electric concrete mixer without problem

now the rigidity of the control by consuel before making the connection obliges all the craftsmen to walk generator sets: it is stupid: the government would have only one simple decision to take to authorize the EDF to make provisional connection like it was done before and it would be a lot of fuel saved, a simplification of the work of craftsmen and a less expense that counts in the price of construction
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 05/10/14, 18:52

Did67 wrote: are you sure that even Boch or Hilti have a day of intensive work ???

The latest generations of "wireless" machines are delivered with two batteries and the autonomy is important. In addition, the chargers are fast recharges, it only takes 12 to 20 minutes of charging for several hours of autonomy, even in intensive use.

Did67 wrote:Hilti (and undoubtedly others) make "multi-battery" chargers ...

Yes, Bosch too.

Did67 wrote:Have you had lithium doped with EPO in Switzerland ??? Bosch cars that climb the Alpe d'Huez without changing gear?

No, our batteries work with milk (Swiss, of course)

http://www.clipeco.ch/entreprises-et-ma ... r-ave.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/10/14, 19:08

I still remain a little skeptical about the connection at the customer ...

- not for reasons of bad will!
- nor for questions of connection standard

but for more down to earth reasons: you can be sure that the day when our friend will need to recharge the most, he will have to park 100 m away, or across the street, or the client will live in an apartment on the 4th courtyard side! : Cry:

Based on 34 years of experience in home installation / troubleshooting.

Our friend is starting. He needs all his financial means. That he equips himself with a second-hand diesel or lpg “which looks good” size vehicle, and confront his dream (which we appreciate and find very appealing) to reality.

In 2 years, he will have earned money and will have further refined his specifications

In the current state, I think that there is no EV adapted to the versatility of its activity.
Maybe in a few years, with a fuel cell.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/10/14, 19:31

Did67 wrote:
Obamot wrote:If you are interested, here is a system that lubricates the valve seats, and the power is supplied by the simple vacuum / suction of the engine at start:

Yes, I have it on one of the two (C1, more sensitive; on C5, apparently, there is no need)

Which one did you buy and where did you install it? I am seriously considering it.
On reflection, if you pay Borelub 27 € per liter, it's not that expensive (compared to high-end synthetic, after the quality of the oil is not so important as long as the spraying of the valves is done with very little fluid ...).

PS: if I had a C5, I would put some anyway. I have a Z24i engine that theoretically doesn't need it, I'm going to install it anyway because I think it's a great idea, and indeed it's the lack of lubrication in the top engine at startup which "kills" the most well maintained engines, and as you say the LPG is not intended for the base ... I would like to have the opinion of Roy ...!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/10/14, 15:15

Hi Did67,

Still haven't answered my question?

Which model did you install?

Was the installation easy? How did you do?

Do you have some photos?

Thank you for your collaboration !
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/10/14, 15:29

Sorry! Out of my "box" (cranial).

I have the authentic Flashlube kit: http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/flash-lube-valve-saver-kit/

It was installed at the same time as the "GPLisation" of my C1; I didn't do it.

It must be very easy, it is a "drip" with an adjustable knob for the flow. Except I don't know what's going on under the rocker cover!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/10/14, 18:34

Little question:

Do you think we can replace the original oil with something else of the same viscosity index? (Or do they really have a special "thing" of their own in their oil, and if so what could it be .... Note that it is not that expensive compared to Synthetic ...)

Do you think it only takes place at start-up and after that we can do without it?

They say it is automatically pumped through the vacuum hose. Problem: as long as there has not been the first cycle there is no lubrication possible, so I will see a small hand pump to lubricate the cylinder heads BEFORE the engine starts, at less for starting (because after it's a little late ...)

Then, when it comes to cooling the top engine with the valve seats, I pretty much agree that the system has to be running all the time (I'm thinking particularly of driving on the E85, which puts more contribution valve seats ...)

Otherwise if someone had any idea?

In any case I have always heard that the worst conditions encountered by an engine (during "normal" use), would be the critical moment of starting, when in the top of the engine block the segments and the valves are not yet lubricated. The segments would be almost metal-to-metal during the very first cycle, especially if the vehicle has not been driven for a while: not very good ....
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/10/14, 21:54

It is not strictly speaking an oil ... It does not serve to cool either! Otherwise, 200 ml every 10 km (to be checked), that would not make the weight. It's more of a "lubricant" ...

I admit not knowing how it works. For the C1, it was "imposed" by the supplier of the LPG kit (Borel). While it is not for the C5.

I saw, but I don't have it, a "table", where model after model, the kits to be put were referenced and the installation of the "Flashlube kit" was advised or not. The installer who did the transformation showed it to me ...

I guess they have criteria. Do tests ??? I do not know.

But it's designed to work continuously, drip. It can also be put in gasoline, it is then an "additive" ...

My C1 borders on 110 km, no problem so far!

Sorry I can't tell you more ...

I have it because it was recommended for this model ... And that it costs almost nothing, compared to the LPG transformation ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/10/14, 00:01

I called Borel direct today ...!

As said above, ethanol and LPG are "dry" fuels, but ... he told me that there are engines which resist more or less well ... Valves and valve seats are put to the test! It depends on the metals / alloys used. For mine it would not be too advisable mebon, I am lucky that it is a 1 cc, that's why I'm going to use flashlube and the best oil that they will recommend me for that ... (Daihatsu Gran Move with a 600 Toyota sub-brand, it's still not that bad no (?), It seems to me ...) If there is a problem it will not be before 1,600 terminals. As I don't do a lot of it a year, by then I will have already changed my vehicle 80x and mine only cost me 000 .-- roros with 2 terminals!

If I make 100, I will have saved 000 roros on fuel ...!

So I have nothing to lose frankly, and the E85 taken at the French border is half the price of the SP95 in Swiss francs, so I will try it.

They also told me that in the japs, you had to avoid Nissan (except the old ones before 2001 and small displacements like 1200 cm3) and that the Honda were the toughest ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/10/14, 00:50

we cannot make generalizations about brands, from one model to another it can be completely different

on another scale, for the generator, I ran all kinds of LPG for thousands of hours, often several days without interuption, the only one that did not support is a honda GC140 whose valve have worn down at a catastrophic speed yet honda has a certain reputation?
0 x