Converting a car engine for stationary use

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/10/13, 19:43

dede2002 wrote:Well here can also study without hope not earn money :?:

does it often happen to you to do a job that lasts several months without gaining anything? I do not have the means anymore

Another problem, even more embarrassing, that I often find in Africa, the side I want to have a precise plan, to be the leader and command the mechanic who will make the realization

what a disdain for the mechanics ... do they need an intermediary who knows nothing about it?

if I spent time making a specific plan of a craft that I did it would not help at the end of Africa since I did my thing with what I had, and that is not not necessarily available elsewhere, but alas this kind of plan too precise would be copied and disseminated to mislead with a plan that is not suitable for use, because I did not have direct contact with the user
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/10/13, 21:14

electricity: "why do"?
12 V Continuous or 220 V 50Hz?
to play? the bulbs do not need precise 50Hz,
on
the computers operate on 12V cigarette lighter type, transformer 12> 19 to charge the laptop battery
on 12V battery the energy is stored and can be converted to 220V with a computer inverter (pure sinusoidal 50Hz), ok the power is only 330W for a battery of 12V but we can connect several 220 in parallel on battery 12V or use 24V inverters on 12V batteries in parallel (truck alternator 24V) that go up to 800W etc.

electricity: why?
0 x
Crabine7
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Crabine7 » 28/10/13, 23:40

It seems to me that on forums we can also share, and therefore free.
It would be interesting to have more people on the subject in question.
I just hooked on the 1er article but if it's a utopia, I do not pursue it.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/10/13, 09:53

there are a lot of subjects of this type on the net,
after all depends on your needs:
electricity ? heat? how much ? (to do what ?)
can you transform one or the other?
What energy do you have?

if it is just to sell a system producer it is not very interesting to work on the subject as said chatelot, everyone can buy old engines and have them cheap to transform into labor and sell them , what for ? to sell non-performing generators for a disguised vendor system that would be poorly sized to the needs? yes, what a waste of time and investment ...

after if it is a study focused on specific needs, it is already more interesting, but it must also meet the needs and the desired installation! =) it is for where, for whom, for what, how, when, where are you?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 04/11/13, 18:23

This is the basic question, to do what?

To electrify a village, it will never be a good solution, even if the equipment is free, the fuel budget will never be.

A car engine can provide big powers, for pumping, soldering, or others, when no other solutions have been found.

chatelot16 wrote:
dede2002 wrote:Well here can also study without hope not earn money :?:

does it often happen to you to do a job that lasts several months without gaining anything? I do not have the means anymore

Another problem, even more embarrassing, that I often find in Africa, the side I want to have a precise plan, to be the leader and command the mechanic who will make the realization

what a disdain for the mechanics ... do they need an intermediary who knows nothing about it?

if I spent time making a specific plan of a craft that I did it would not help at the end of Africa since I did my thing with what I had, and that is not not necessarily available elsewhere, but alas this kind of plan too precise would be copied and disseminated to mislead with a plan that is not suitable for use, because I did not have direct contact with the user

Totally agree, I meant "studying" in the broad sense (students don't earn money).

You did not answer my question, what is the difference between restricting the intake by creating a strong depression, or filling the cylinder and then pushing back part of it, to achieve the same result, ie a filling rate? of "x", assuming that the compression ratio is increased as a function of "x"?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/11/13, 18:45

if the filling is reduced by changing the opening cycle of the intake valve, there is no loss of energy

if we reduce the flow by a butterfly more or less closed, it consumes energy, like a vacuum pump

to play with the 2 valve way of doing opposite

1) delay closing the engine sucks the entire cylinder, then pushes a part before closing the valve

2) close the valve in advance: the valve closes when the right volume is sucked, then adiabatic relaxation of the volume, and adiabatic recompression: which does not make any loss of energy either

Another advantage of the control by the valves: the filling rate is fixed, no chance that this rate increases by mistake: therefore we can increase the volumetric ratio without risk

with a reduction of the filling by a more or less closed butterfly, and if the volumetric ratio has been increased, there is a risk of breaking everything in the event of an error of control of the butterfly
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 04/11/13, 18:55

I prefer the solution of closing the valve in advance, it seems to me that the discharge also consumes energy.

Indeed the risk of breaking everything exists, those who seek maximum power know it, looking for maximum yield is the same.

My idea was to make it simple, it's easier to restrain than to change the aac, and I imagine that the depression of the intake helps the piston to go up?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/11/13, 19:24

I agree with you: the passage and ironing of the air in the valve consumes more energy than relaxation and adiabatic recompression

another practical detail: a good grind in the cam to reduce the opening time is easier than a file to thicken to increase it

problem: the grinding of the camshaft causes the superficial hardening to be lost: thus the cam will wear out faster
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/11/13, 19:55

chatelot16 wrote:2) close the valve in advance: the valve closes when the right volume is sucked, then adiabatic relaxation of the volume, and adiabatic recompression: which does not make any loss of energy either

For the engines with double aac at the head, on the aac of admission, one can obtain "simply" a phase shift which reduces the filling by shifting the chain or the belt of x teeth compared to the pinion or toothed pinion of drive.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/11/13, 20:50

if we want to close earlier by shifting a cam shaft, it will also open sooner, so before the pmh ... so a collision in the piston
0 x