Bio-methanation at the Agricultural College of Obernai

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 09:39

1360 wrote:
PS: And if one day there are organized visits, I hope you will tell us ...

There are regular visits, to the point that we were led to introduce a tariff, otherwise, the farm manager spent a good part of his working time there.

But for forumers of econology and other friends, I sometimes ask for the keys and make free visits ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 09:44

1360 wrote:
FYI, if you are interested in having figures from other projects, here is what has just been inaugurated less than 10 km from my home: http://www.agrogaz.ch/

And the article published yesterday in the regional newspaper: http://www.laregion.ch/lignerolle-pionn ... -biomasse/

A+

Yes. Thanks too.

To have that the Swiss are quite advanced too (I also say "because the advance of Germany is known - see above the references of the association" biogas "German which is ... 15 years old !!! In the last 3 companies that we had "audited" at the time of the call for projects, in the final phase, one was Swiss, with a very very serious proposal!

As a public establishment, benefiting from public subsidies (the same as any farmer who launched a project at that time in France), we finally gave a "bonus" to a French start-up.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 09:58

Did67 wrote:
There are regular visits, ...

FYI, we are satisfied beyond expectations from this point of view.

One of the "vocations" of this unit, besides being real and profitable.

We had many more visits than we initially imagined. In mid-September, we welcome the mayors and municipal councilors of a canton. About fifty people.

We received the staff of the General Council.

We are working with the Regional Council on a project to collect waste from canteens in Strasbourg and around ...

And let's plan to do it with the General Council on roadside cleaning with the recovery of "shreds" for anaerobic digestion (a Lorraine manufacturer, Noremat, has developed a crusher-harvester!).

So it's starting to move!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/08/14, 11:27

Ah thank you Did for this info ...

it’s really a technical area.

I am not shocked by the small pilot injection of non-road diesel ... a little bad for a big good.

I know Eric SORTINO who works in this field of biogas cogeneration engines, maybe it would be good to share your experiences and project ideas? Here are its coordinates

At the moment, Eric is very interested in the conversion of Diesel to biogas, and more generally the "dual fuel" Gas / Diesel.

And his site: http://www.catalgaz.fr
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 12:01

Remundo wrote:
I am not shocked by the small pilot injection of non-road diesel ... a little bad for a big good.

I know.

But I am addressing everyone here, including the "green kmehrs" for whom it is a question of principle and nothing is ever perfect enough ... [but in general, they quibble a lot, make noise, but not much else; and I'm not talking about the "severe decreasing", who live as a hermit in an independent house, which I respect a lot]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 12:25

Remundo wrote:
I know Eric SORTINO who works in this field of biogas cogeneration engines, maybe it would be good to share your experiences and project ideas? Here are its coordinates

At the moment, Eric is very interested in the conversion of Diesel to biogas, and more generally the "dual fuel" Gas / Diesel.

And his site: http://www.catalgaz.fr

Yes, I had seen the thread which speaks about it elsewhere ...

Unfortunately, apart from what I saw and discussed with engineers at Schnelle, in Bavaria, I don't know much about it.

The group is a box (a soundproof container) delivered with a whole battery of technology. Including electronics. Including gas treatment (critical!).

I just know that Schnell - I'm talking about Mr. Schnell, founder, farmer a little "cool green" - started like that, with an Opel Ascona engine in the early 80 years... And that he broke some engines !!! Today it is a group of 400 employees, present in a bunch of countries ...

The modifications to the original engine are significant. In addition to the injector system, which I mentioned, the camshafts are re-cut, the pistons changed, the oils filtered ... The cylinder head, I don't remember (besides the adaptation of the injectors) ... When I visited the factory, I saw how they were boning the engine arrived in box from Scania ...

The electronic regulation is a cabinet, with for example, monitoring of the temperature of each cylinder! We don't touch it. Only Schnell maintenance is involved.

The cabinet is connected via the internet and the engine is monitored from Bavaria. They turn it on and stop it from there! [one day, I was in the box, engine stopped, when suddenly it starts: the engineer, in Bavaria, had finished a configuration and restarted it]

Very thorough analysis of the oils before each drain to identify any start of abnormal wear [these, I have them]

I wish Sortino every success. But for the "Schnell boys", it is undoubtedly a Neanderthal!

[I was unable to enter the R / D building in Schnell, separate from the production area, where I was able to circulate; but there are 80 engineers and technicians working there; in the Hall, a table posted the open positions - about fifteen - including a "mechanical engineer specializing in piston heads"; I got to see the associated farm, where there are 3 locations to test the motors in real conditions - while one is running, the others are installed or uninstalled, and so on; any engine that goes into production has been tortured in real conditions, on a real digester, for 6 months I believe]

Finally, scoop, which I deliver there: the next generation of Schnell would not be, it seems, more "dual" because impossibility to respect the Euro 6 standards (or 7 to come, I am lost in the numbers). So they are also working on a specific "gas" engine, not derived from a Diesel ...
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 24/08/14, 12:53

Hello :D

In the table I posted, the pci of 6 kWh / m3 corresponds to 60% of methane.
The performance of your group is therefore better than the 34% calculated!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 13:46

I was waiting to see what data we have at the office, before responding.

But in fact, the group must be around 40/41% of electrical efficiency (+ the heat sold) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/08/14, 14:06

it is HS, but you probably know it, dear Did67; "Schnell", in German, means "fast, fast"

amusing. :P

They seem to make beautiful machines, at Monsieur Schnell's 8)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/14, 16:11

Selbstverständlich (obviously).

French is my first foreign language, acquired from kindergarten ...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."