Route simulator: autonomy of e-bikes

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 09/11/12, 00:10

I am 15 terminals north-west of Lyon. To go to town, if you want flat, you have to take the highway. If I take the bike, I prefer to pass in the cambrousse, it is pleasant, but more steep, and there are detours: 20 km and 400m of difference in height. It does not present any difficulty, roughly 1 hour, but I arrive in sweat. By car it varies between 20 minutes at night and 1 hour (or more) during rush hour.

I regularly go to the casto to do my shopping (17 km one way, 400m drop) and it happened to me to bring 20 kg of mortar in the panniers ...

So yeah, I totally agree with you that this stupid legislation means that I can't buy an electric bike to solve my problem, which is to make the same trips faster without getting sweaty .

So I don't buy an electric bike, and you lose a customer : Mrgreen:

A 250W hub motor does not mount any rib for which a motor is required. It works in Holland, here you would need a 1 kW hub motor, it's the laws of physics.

And a pedal motor is too expensive (and limited to 250W, too slow in the hills).

it seems that the EC plans to transfer the power limit and keep only the speed limit at 25. This would be more interesting, but I ask to see.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/11/12, 09:58

BobFuck wrote:A 250W hub motor does not mount any rib for which a motor is required. It works in Holland, here you would need a 1 kW hub motor, it's the laws of physics.

disagree! a number of approved bikes have climbed the Alp Huez during our VAE races.
moreover even the approved bikes make more than 250W in peak because the homologation relates to the nominal power (continuous mode)
second, some motors have more favorable torque curves than others. depending on the diameter, reduction ratio in the hub, etc.
I can assure you that some hub motor bikes have really good torque even on hills.

moreover, it makes me think that i am going to part with one of my bikes: a pedelec VAE from electrics-bike (unbridled at 35km / h 8) )
same as that of this advert (it's not my anonnce)
if it interests someone between lyon and grenoble.
0 x
Click my signature
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 09/11/12, 10:18

> a number of approved bikes have ridden the Alpe d'Huez during our VAE races.

Show the links on the engines (and at what efficiency ...)
0 x
e-Vélorution
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by e-Vélorution » 09/11/12, 11:54

The nominal 250W are quite vague. It seems, in fact, that there are approved pedelecs that deliver 700W peak. With a very high torque hub motor which has an optimal output at 20km / h (speed reached with 700W electric), this is already a very acceptable solution for large gradients.

For more power, you need batteries larger than 10Ah and it becomes more expensive. We have to analyze the situation. Do we really need more power? It will also be necessary to pay attention to the overheating of the engine. In short, when you go up in power (1500W peak for example), you should not do anything! But with this power, we have a bicycle that travels at constant speed (the maximum speed of the motor) and we reach an optimal energy expenditure that is incomparable for the journey time. Indeed, at constant speed the energy lost in aerodynamic friction is minimized. :D
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/11/12, 13:32

BobFuck wrote:> a number of approved bikes have ridden the Alpe d'Huez during our VAE races.

for example this bike has won Alpe d'Huez twice.
I do not know the details of the engine except that I can say for having measured that the peak electrical power is around 400W. the efficiency at low speeds (around 12 to 15km / h) should be around 70%.
and so what? it does the job. you go up a rating at 12% and I can tell you that the guys on a bike who try to hang on when you ride boo at 17km / h, they give up quickly by calling you a cheater.
0 x

Click my signature
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/12, 14:44

dirk pitt wrote:
BobFuck wrote:> a number of approved bikes have ridden the Alpe d'Huez during our VAE races.

for example this bike has won Alpe d'Huez twice.
I do not know the details of the engine except that I can say for having measured that the peak electrical power is around 400W. the efficiency at low speeds (around 12 to 15km / h) should be around 70%.
and so what? it does the job. you go up a rating at 12% and I can tell you that the guys on a bike who try to hang on when you ride boo at 17km / h, they give up quickly by calling you a cheater.

Nice and very beautiful bike at 1500 €, ideal for being constantly called a "cheater", by doubling them, like me on a bike, at 150 € who exercise at 200W max for their muscles and not at 400W, that, even the champions of the Tour de France, do not do long, even over-doped !!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/11/12, 15:34

dedeleco wrote:Nice and very beautiful bike at 1500 €, ideal for being constantly called a "cheater", by doubling them, like me on a bike, at 150 € who exercise at 200W max for their muscles and not at 400W, that, even the champions of the Tour de France, do not do long, even over-doped !!

0 x

Click my signature
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 09/11/12, 16:09

dirk pitt wrote:for example this bike has won Alpe d'Huez twice.

In fact, I was talking about a hub motor. I am interested because it is the easiest to install on an existing bike (and inexpensive), but there is none legal that climbs properly. Besides, since the kits are more or less prohibited now, I wonder why I take the lead! ...

Of course a pedal motor (the one linked to a Panasonic apparently) mounts anything, but it takes € 2000-3000 (if we avoid bikes like this, expensive (€ 1500) but equipped in ultra low range which will not take much km ...)

> like me by bike, at 150 €

I stopped the gear of poor quality after many unpleasant experiences with the famous Triban from D4 ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/11/12, 16:31

BobFuck wrote:
dirk pitt wrote:for example this bike has won Alpe d'Huez twice.

In fact, I was talking about a hub motor. I am interested because it is the easiest to install on an existing bike (and inexpensive), but there is none legal that climbs properly. Besides, since the kits are more or less prohibited now, I wonder why I take the lead! ...

Of course a pedal motor (the one linked to a Panasonic apparently) mounts anything, but it takes € 2000-3000 (if we avoid bikes like this, expensive (€ 1500) but equipped in ultra low range which will not take much km ...)

Look better: the Dunand bike which I have linked has a hub motor reduced to 250W nominal and it goes up the Alp Huez.
0 x

Click my signature
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 09/11/12, 16:36

Merdalors, it's true (but then why did they put only 7 gears, mystery ...) I got stuck because of the look of the frame ...

Do you have any idea of ​​the reference for this engine that I'm looking for? (I cross my fingers so that it is not a Bafang ...)
0 x