Experimental project in domestic diesel engine cogeneration

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
danielj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Experimental diesel engine-Chatelot16

by danielj » 18/10/12, 17:30

Hello, hello everyone, I am (half) surprised that chatelot16 had the same idea as me: Make a diesel generator set with cogeneration. Indeed, for it to be profitable compared to the price of EDF electricity, it is necessary to recover all the energy developed by the fuel. In addition, a good diesel can 'swallow' sunflower or drain oil by taking certain precautions that I have already experienced. But why try to make a diesel engine? Well, the usual generator set engines are either too expensive or too powerful and therefore with too low yields for the powers considered, ie 2 to 8 kW. Good after having cogitated well… I thought it would be interesting to use a complete engine of small car, kind diesel 4 cylinders 1.5 liter of displacement. And as that still makes a lot of kW (40kw of p. Max.) We can (this is the trick) 'delete' two cylinders! Yes it is possible I already drove there (a long time ago) with a 4 cylinder which I canceled the effect of two cylinders by removing the rocker rods from cylinders 2 and 3, so valves closed, but regular ignition. I had not gone so far as to remove pistons 2 and 3, so as not to have an unbalance in the crankshaft. However, we can do this by taking the precaution of putting masses on the crankpins in place of the pistons ... The goal is to have a cubic capacity, and to improve the performance at low power. A car with everything you need, starter, silent exhaust, water cooling, pump, etc.… And above all, there are plenty of used, where for scrap… it's the foot! It remains only to couple a 230v alternator. What do you think ??
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/10/12, 18:50

I already thought about it

a four cylinder could become a single cylinder by ridding it of all that is useless

but blah ... the goal is to be able to make as much as it takes not to make a unique DIY

car engines are more and more bizarre and difficult to use the parts are too expensive

the goal is to make a design trick well suited to the fixed experimental engine: easy access to all parts to be able to easily try different parts

modern engines where you can't change anything without complete disassembly I don't like

spare parts for automobile engines are too expensive ... the models change too quickly ... I started tinkering with engines that I thought were fairly common they have become untraceable second-hand and the parts are now also untraceable

no need to make an average engine: it will be the piston equivalent of the turbo compound

there will be in addition to the main piston, a compressor piston and a pressure reducing piston ... but all these piston will have different diameters ... it does not simply fit into an existing 4 cylinder
0 x
Flytox

Re: Experimental diesel engine-Chatelot16

by Flytox » 18/10/12, 20:29

hello danielj

Welcome.
Your intervention is interesting, just a "detail", here it is an Ecolo site and to burn the used oil as fuel it is extremely polluting ..... on the other hand the sunflower no problems : Mrgreen:

DanielJ wrote:Hello, hello everyone, I am (half) surprised that chatelot16 had the same idea as me: Make a diesel generator set with cogeneration. Indeed, for it to be profitable compared to the price of EDF electricity, it is necessary to recover all the energy developed by the fuel. Also a good diesel can 'swallow' sunflower oil or drain taking certain precautions that I have already experienced. But why try to make a diesel engine? Well, the usual generator set engines are either too expensive or too powerful and therefore with too low yields for the powers considered, ie 2 to 8 kW. Good after having cogitated well… I thought it would be interesting to use a complete engine of small car, kind diesel 4 cylinders 1.5 liter of displacement. And as that still makes a lot of kW (40kw of p. Max.) We can (this is the trick) 'delete' two cylinders! Yes it is possible I already drove there (a long time ago) with a 4 cylinder which I canceled the effect of two cylinders by removing the rocker rods from cylinders 2 and 3, so valves closed, but regular ignition. I had not gone so far as to remove pistons 2 and 3, so as not to have an unbalance in the crankshaft. However, we can do this by taking the precaution of putting masses on the crankpins in place of the pistons ... The goal is to have a cubic capacity, and to improve the performance at low power. A car with everything you need, starter, silent exhaust, water cooling, pump, etc.… And above all, there are plenty of used, where for scrap… it's the foot! It remains only to couple a 230v alternator. What do you think ??
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/10/12, 20:40

why would drain oil be so polluting? in a French company tractor we can put a little without problem!

vegetable oil in diesel is not the ideal solution either if the oilseed crop competes with food

used frying oil is good but there isn't one for everyone

my engine is not only diesel ... it's also not bad for methane or gasifier

the cylinder head will be easy to change from diesel to methane ... combustion chamber in the cylinder head, not in the piston as in the current HDI
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/10/12, 21:11

chatelot16 wrote:why would drain oil be so polluting? in a French company tractor we can put a little without problem!

In chai plus what post we already talked about. The large amount of additives in the oil increases the production of particles, among other things. Chai plus where I put the link : Cry: . A ladle study said that oil consumption normal for an engine (as lubricant and not fuel) led to the formation of kind 40% of the particles and unburnt at the exit of the pot. And you want to burn this concentrated m ... e directly?

vegetable oil in diesel is not the ideal solution either if the oilseed crop competes with food

You do well to remember, this is obviously only valid when there is no competition. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
danielj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Project experimental diesel engine cogeneration domest

by danielj » 23/11/12, 10:12

chatelot16 wrote:Hello

I was interested by the diesel engine cylinder copy list made in india ... which alas does not seem readily available
https://www.econologie.com/forums/je-cherche ... 12036.html

it seems that the Chinese generator sets much lighter have completely taken the place ... for hot country, the cooling air is more convenient, but alas does not allow recovery of heat for cogeneration

I studied the engine of any kind for a long time and I begin to have my idea to take advantage of all that I've seen

the goal is to make a good solid motor to be completely silent when there is a good EXHAUST ... to make a very easy thing to disassemble with simple easy to make room

the question is to estimate how many people really interested

there will be a diesel version for oil or vegetable oil ... and a petrol version, for natural gas, or gasifier methanization

gasifier is the version that interest me the most, but the diesel version has the advantage of being used alone without gas plant around

the muffler with heat recovery water will be part of the engine, and will not be the rickety thing that is often the weak point of the fixed engine: so the engine can be installed anywhere without risk of leakage

the wheel will slow the rotor of an alternator adapted to the low speed thanks to a large number of pole: there will not be the size of a belt to the alternator separé

Hello, where are the fans of experimental diesel? Ca cause much ... Well I raise, hear ye, hear ye, I'll make you a revelation ... a diesel engine can run on gas, without any engine modification! Yes you read correctly, WITHOUT ANY CHANGE ENGINE. I experienced it, yes. Well I explained the manipulation, (there is a manipulation anyway) so you have a diesel engine that fontionne, you leave the IDLE, at the entrance of the air filter, you inject (at atmospheric pressure) of the fuel gas , I have ssay with butane or propane, but in principle it works for any gas ... and what's happening? well as the engine accelerates when pressing the accelerator to which you have not touched !!! wearing Explanation auralenti the engine is operating in diesel, so the ignition is controlled by the injection, when you put the gas in addition to suction, it burns at the same time the engine the ignition diesel (always slowed. Increasing the power ntil I max with gas !!! While driving, you have to manage the flow of gas to accelerate or decelerate the engine without touching the pedal acceleration of diesel ... so you have a second pedal, or have a double stroke of the pedal, 1ere race to the gas flow (when running gas) and 2ème race (we even seconded pedal) for operation in single diesel . We can walk to two fuel 50% but not exceed the maximum power too, of course. So in conclusion, no need to change breech or other gas to pass .... It is not pretty? Good bricolonologie. a +

0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 12:12

to swallow a diesel gas is not new

XYLOWATT used it with wood gasifier, but is seen no longer in their current site ... it would have had problems?
see page 31:
http://sites.uclouvain.be/term/recherch ... _part2.pdf

it is also used by schnell for methane
http://international.schnellmotor.de/sm ... _265kW.pdf

but it does not please me to be forced to use fuel oil when it was gas: mostly wood producer gas which comes 10fois cheaper than oil: being forced to consume 10% of dual fuel simply the price of amounts of energy
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 12:26

Flytox wrote:In chai plus what post we already talked about. The large amount of additives in the oil increases the production of particles, among other things. Chai plus where I put the link : Cry: . A ladle study said that oil consumption normal for an engine (as lubricant and not fuel) led to the formation of kind 40% of the particles and unburnt at the exit of the pot. And you want to burn this concentrated m ... e directly?

anyway there will be a water and limestone washing system at the exhaust, which I hope will retain everything
https://www.econologie.com/forums/impunite-d ... 50-60.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/11/12, 15:43

About "repairable in remote countries"

Low-consumption diesel engines have two weak points in terms of after-sales service:

The injector pump: sorry, you generally need the original part. It's not enough to be able to turn or mill: you need ad hoc alloys, surface treatments, etc.

Electronics: this is the scandal: "they" sell us 1000 or 2000 euros for specific electronics that must be replaced for a simple broken transistor. Surprisingly high price for mass-produced electronics.

There is something to do there.

My brother told me that at the University of Cotonou (Benin), a team of researchers was working on a "universal" injection pipe block. He is unfortunately dead, I no longer have any contact there.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 17:07

in the automobile we are stuck by the lack of space and the bizarre conector ... for fixed equipment the problem does not arise, we can do electronics with large printed circuit and standard components

durable material must be sold with the diagrams of electronics and all the information to fix everything ... the irreparable thing is scam

it's not just cars that are rotten by irreparable electronics: many modern boilers also have infernal electronics

for injection everything remains to try: HDI injector with home electronics: it gives a lot of freedom of development, but does not entirely satisfy me for the prices and the fragility of the injectors ... homemade pump: it is the easy side of hdi: a constant pressure pump no more complicated than a hydraulic pump

other solution mechanical injection pump and classic bosch injector: dieselists have parts suitable for all engine dimensions
0 x