Problem water supply for turbine Pelton hydro electricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 30/11/10, 20:49

That's what I saw!

2 half wheels would have been better for a better performance since the return of the water on the spoon also acts on the performance!

Can you give me the model and the manufacturer of the Pelton SVP?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/11/10, 21:10

Gilles 2B wrote:This is hair cell the angle indicated by the manufacturer (Italian) of the Pelton wheel, I held myself, thinking this is what to do ....

Oh yes it's half spoons, so I understand the angle better. Ok I did not say anything.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/11/10, 23:04

the classic pelton solution is with a jet in the plane of the wheel, with spoon slotted in the middle of rather complicated shape: advantage not of axial force on the tree

but your solution is very smart too: spoon a little inclined, spoon more simple than the classic pelton

the belt is a practical solution for testing, I think that when the main problems are solved you can optimize

the small diameter of the pipe worries me a little, what is there at the end to make the jet?

the hole that makes the jet must be much smaller than the pipe, so the speed in the pipe is low, no loss of energy, and it is just before the turbine that the pressure is converted into speed by a conical nozzle : in addition we can put a conical needle inside to regulate as we want the power of the jet without changing the speed, which depends only on the pressure
0 x
Gilles 2B
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gilles 2B » 01/12/10, 07:52

The nozzle at the end of the pipe is the right diameter but I had to use basic plumbing reducers to go from the diameter of the pipe to that of the nozzle so I think I also have a lot of losses by this reduction "in steps" and not conical, I did not find someone capable of making me the adequate part ...

Here are more photos

0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/12/10, 08:17

In my opinion it must not be good, the cone must be much longer, and without abrupt reduction of the diameter as currently at the screw connection.
Being a kid I was passionate about the water mill, I made a lot (small) and I had the opportunity to experiment all kinds of forced pipes, the shape and length of the cone plays a lot.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 01/12/10, 09:33

I think the same: the shape and the surface state in the last cm of the injection seem to me essential.

Maybe looking at the side of firefighting equipment?
0 x
See you soon !
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 01/12/10, 10:59

a link on the realized by an individual:
PICO HYDROELECTRIC TURBINE
http://www.moreau-fr.net/proto/turbine/index.html
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/12/10, 15:02

a beautiful conical shape is important where it is the smallest ... to the biggest if it is sudden change it is less serious, it is part of the details that you can improve later

what scares me is the connection in pvc glued ... it looks like ordinary PVC sewer, not even pvc pressure ... ca risk to peter before 18bar

in any case I like your slanted peleton: it is an idea that I wanted to try which seemed to me better than the classic peleton ... missed it my copied my idea by telepathy
0 x
Gilles 2B
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gilles 2B » 01/12/10, 15:22

Hello,

Here is the link to the manufacturer of the Pelton wheel (on Ebay Italy)

http://cgi.ebay.it/TURBINA-PELTON-HYDRO ... 1212wt_924

and the one towards the generator

http://cgi.ebay.fr/eolienne-windturbine ... 1528wt_754

The manufacturer of the Pelton wheel also sells nozzles of different sizes and adapted to the operation of the wheel, I asked him a question asking him for more details ...

See you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/12/10, 15:40

Gilles

Your turbine comes from the USA and is sold by the Italians!

How did you calculate the necessary rotational speed in relation to the generator?

The smooth belt slides surely at the point of load when reaching the necessary voltage.

Revising the training would be in my opinion the first thing to do in your case!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain