electricity from EdF increase 2011 (CSPE)

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Regismu
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Regismu » 27/11/10, 19:58

Did67 wrote:To update: this week, a small verse to the news (France2) to announce + 11% in 2011 to finance the renewal of the park ....

or the art and the way of continuing to take the French for C..s ... but as it works : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 27/11/10, 21:31

Hey here is the real reason for the increase in electricity, and, it is not finished:

ENERGY - Prices should increase for individuals ...

The deputies definitively adopted on Wednesday evening the NOME law which reformed the electricity market. But one of the direct consequences could be a rise in prices for individuals. 20minutes.fr returns to the challenges of the text.

Why did the government want to reform the electricity market?

Transposition of a European directive, the text plans to reorganize the relations between the historic supplier, EDF, and its competitors like GDF Suez, Poweo or Direct Energie.

Currently, EDF is the only one to have its nuclear fleet for low production costs. A situation contrary to European competition law and which penalizes new suppliers.

What will the reform change for electricity suppliers?

The text provides that EDF will have to transfer up to 25% of the production of its nuclear electricity to its competitors.

However, the law does not specify the sale price. The government and then the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) will be responsible for setting this tariff, which could be largely in favor of EDF.

After multiple negotiations, the public group should be able to sell its electricity at a price higher than its production costs and thus be able to make the investments necessary for the renovation and maintenance of its nuclear fleet.

Why is the bill for individuals likely to increase?

Regulated prices for individuals will still exist while they will disappear for large companies at the end of 2015. But the bill could well increase. The UFC-Que Choisir denounced last Thursday in a press release a bill "diverted from its original objective by hand-sewn amendments for EDF".

As the sale price of its nuclear production should be above its production costs and the current level integrated into the regulated tariffs, the latter will automatically explode for consumer associations.

"The increase in the electricity bill will, depending on the level selected, from 7% to 11% from the implementation of the law and from 21% to 28% by 2015," said the press release.

Elsa Meyer

Source:

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/628669/economie-marche-electricite-causes-consequences-reforme#xtor=RSS-145
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 23/02/11, 16:48

The Court of Auditors scrutinizes the CSPE:

The Court of Auditors has assessed the CSPE and confirms that it has been in deficit since 2009. If the past development of the components of the CSPE points to tariff equalization rather than renewable energies, the situation should be reversed this year.

The latest report from the Court of Auditors assesses the contribution to public electricity service charges (CSPE) created to offset the additional costs linked to support for renewable energy, tariff equalization and social tariffs for electricity.

The Court noted that the increase in charges since 2009 exceeded the amount collected, for lack of reassessment of the amount of the CSPE since 2004. This "structural" drift resulted in a deficit estimated at 1,6 billion euros in 2009 and which could reach 2,6 , 2010 billion euros at the end of XNUMX.

The ministry did not raise the CSPE

The deficit that has appeared since 2009 could have been avoided according to experts from the Court of Auditors. Indeed, faced with the increase in charges, the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) had estimated its amount at 5,72 euros per MWh in 2009 and 6,51 euros in 2010. However, "the minister responsible for energy has not taken any order to modify the level "and the CSPE therefore remained stable from 2004 to 2010, at 4,5 euros per MWh.

A deficit situation which is likely to continue since the Court estimates that in 2011 the CSPE should be established at 12,90 euros per MWh in order to cover the forecast costs for 2011 (ie 9,3 euros per MWh) and make up for the previous deficit (i.e. 3,6 euros per MWh).

"Given the financial volumes involved, this compensation of charges constitutes a significant stake in the financial balance and the development strategy of the EDF group", notes the Court of Auditors.

The relative share of renewable energies is decreasing

Regarding the relative share of the three components of the CSPE, the Court noted that purchases of electricity produced from renewable sources "occupy a preponderant place." However, "their relative share […] declined between 2004 and 2008, from 77% to 60%, and even 50% in 2009." A decrease "linked to variations in the market prices of electricity which enter into the calculation of the additional costs, and not to the volumes of energy purchases whose trend is increasing."

As for the tariff equalization, it "generates a smaller amount, initially of the order of a third of the total CSPE, but in strong growth." In fact, its share rose from 23% in 2004, to almost 36% in 2008 and more than 45% in 2009.

Finally, "social tariffs, although showing strong growth, still only occupy a marginal place in the CSPE (3,2% in 2008)."

The share of cogeneration dominates that of RES

The charges linked to the purchase of electricity produced from renewable energies and cogeneration have been particularly studied by the magistrates who speak about them of an "uncontrolled progression."

First observation, it is above all cogeneration that weighed on this segment of CSPE. It "[constitutes], by far, the preponderant item of the CSPE under the purchase obligation", explains the Court, specifying that this item evolves "in a range between 676 million euros and 828 million euros. euros, depending on the year, or between 83% and 94% of public service charges linked to the purchase obligation. "

However, based on the scenarios of the Directorate General for Energy and Climate (DGEC), the Court considers that "renewable energies exceed, from 2010, cogeneration as a factor generating CSPE for purchased electricity, over the next few years. "

2010 marks a turning point

The magistrates of the Court explain this reversal by a fall in the share related to cogeneration, on the one hand, and by the growth of wind and photovoltaic, on the other.

On the cogeneration side, the sector "is now developing at a slower pace, and the support provided to old installations will gradually decrease in volume as and when the majority of contracts expire between 2010 and 2014. 'signed purchases. " Thus, a peak was reached in 2009, with 1 billion euros, but the decline could drop support for cogeneration to 200 million within four years.

As for the "volumes of renewable electricity purchased [, they] tripled during the period, and could quadruple in 2010." Photovoltaics is particularly targeted, since "compared to the total volume of electricity purchased, this sector would in fact only drop, in mainland France, from 0,07% in 2008 to 0,8% in 2010 and 4,8% in 2011, but its relative weight in the CSPE would increase at the same time from 0,4% in 2008 to 5,7% in 2010 and 26,4% in 2011. "

In addition, the Court considers that "the forecasts of changes in costs by sector are worrying" because the costs related to renewable energies could reach 5 billion euros by 2020. They would be from 2,4 to 2,6 billion for photovoltaics, from 1,5 to 1,8 billion for biomass and from 0,5 to 0,7 billion for offshore wind. However, the Court concedes that "these orders of magnitude are nonetheless indicative and depend very closely on the assumptions made - in particular on the development of photovoltaics and, to a lesser extent, on market prices." Photovoltaic consultation will provide an initial response.

Growing exemptions and increased charges

Moreover, the Court notes that the various caps, exemptions and base limitations have been extended over time. From the partial exemption from self-consumption of electricity producers, to the ceiling of 500.000 euros per site of consumption, these advantages represent a "substantial shortfall, ranging between € 260 million and € 486 million per year depending on the year."

"The exemptions and caps, which were decided [in order to] preserve the competitiveness of electro-intensive industries, can thus be analyzed as a transfer of charges from the companies, which are the main beneficiaries, to other contributors (SMEs , professionals and individuals) ", note the magistrates of the Court of Auditors, adding that for 2010" the base of the CSPE should represent only 80% of total national electricity consumption, corresponding to a shortfall of approximately 416 M €. "

These exemptions are all the more regrettable as additional costs have been financed by the CSPE. This is particularly the case for the financing of the energy ombudsman's budget and the new transitional regulated market adjustment tariff (TaRTAM).

Court makes four recommendations

Finally, the Court made four proposals in order to restore the situation. In the first place, it proposes to "control the factors of growth of the charges of the public service of electricity, foremost of which appears the system of the obligation to purchase, at prices too attractive, operating" open counter " "In the same vein, the Court wants the public authorities" [to question] the advisability of continuing to support sectors which are not among the government priorities in terms of energy policy. " Cogeneration is particularly targeted here.

The Court also proposes structural reforms. First of all, it plans to "review the overall system in order to make its operation more understandable and to clarify its tax status." Finally, it invites the public authorities to "re-examine the financing of support for the development of renewable energies by the energy consumer."

Philippe Collet

Source:
http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... 4#xtor=ES-
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/02/11, 19:22

And regardless of that, a new increase in electricity was announced yesterday on France 2.

Due to the "liberalization" of the market, therefore the resale of EdF to other operators ... A shame!

The CSPE increased, but not in the proportion announced by the Court of Auditors, at the beginning of the year ...

But there is room, compared to Germany or Belgium (with costs close to 20 cts of € per kWh!) ...
0 x
Regismu
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Regismu » 23/02/11, 19:49

0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 24/02/11, 00:24

0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/02/11, 11:07

Regismu wrote:or the art and the way of continuing to take the French for C..s ... but as it works: evil:: evil:: evil:

It's a "grumpy" way of looking at things!

The art and the way of taking the French who never wanted to ask the right questions for what they are: idiots!

The increase in electricity, I have been talking about it for 3 or 4 years, it was a foregone conclusion.

But people continued to install PACs rather than isolating ...
See on certain specialized sites masturbations around "isolate, is it profitable?" (at the cost of energy yesterday, the answer is: "not often") or "the pellet boiler is expensive!"

So I say that these increases finally reward those who make efforts to save (and invest for that)! But I know I'm going to be yelled at ... That seems to me the essence of econology. I was also seriously criticized when I supported the carbon tax on this site (for the same reason) ...

But I know that there are French people in difficulty who cannot and who will still have to helmet. We are going to have a real housing problem: rent + energy costs. No doubt this is xplsif pa compared to what we already know.

I'm talking about the 80% of French who remain, who have the choice, but don't ask the right questions ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 24/02/11, 11:14

Did67 wrote:So I say that these increases finally reward those who make efforts to save (and invest for that)!

+1
Did67 wrote:This seems to me, however, to be the essence of econology. I was also seriously criticized when I supported the carbon tax on this site (for the same reason) ...

Same for me ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 24/02/11, 11:20

indy49 wrote:
Did67 wrote:So I say that these increases finally reward those who make efforts to save (and invest for that)!

+1
[quote = "Did67"]

Yes, and then there are those who have not had the means to do so and who will even less heat their house or see more at all.

Your reaction can be understood, but I do not entirely agree with your point of view, we make it clear ........
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 24/02/11, 11:34

moby25 wrote:Yes, and then there are those who have not had the means to do so and who will even less heat their house or see more at all.

Your reaction can be understood, but I do not entirely agree with your point of view, we make it clear ........

Those who cannot afford it quickly realize that isolating them will make them money.

Besides, the HLMs in my city are renovated: insulation from the outside.
The inhabitants benefit greatly from the reduced charges.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"