Advice advice electrical installation isolated site

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Opinion advice installation elect isolated site

by phil59 » 21/12/22, 16:31

I thought I read that he might make it his main residence later.

And, in my opinion, it is interesting to preserve the batteries as much as possible, even if this kind of battery "is rather strong".

This is also why it is necessary to size well for the winter.

Here, for example, what would give at home, with 9.5 kWh of battery, 3 kWp of panels, and an average consumption of 8 kWh per day, inclination of the panels at 50°, for the winter!

It's either too much consumption, or not enough panels, and maybe not enough battery!

off network.JPG
hors reseau.JPG (144.47 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/12/22, 17:51

AND this is what it would look like with 12 kWp and 15 kWh of battery at my house.

But is it necessary to climb so high? THE group could top up, or must lower its consumption....

off grid 12000.JPG
off network 12000.JPG (159.32 KiB) Consulted 1208 times
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/12/22, 18:11

phil59 wrote:It's either too much consumption, or not enough panels, and maybe not enough battery!

If you want to prove that in the Belgian Ardennes, it is impossible to go off-grid with only PV, except for a totally gigantic installation, I think you will have no trouble doing it.
It would be all the more stupid that in summer, being outside the network, it would be to deprive oneself of a huge production that cannot be resold.
So you have to find the best compromise with the occasional use of a generator.
And here, the housing occupancy scenario is essential. If it is a second home for ten years or more, mainly occupied in the summer, that will give Necniv plenty of time to consider a "phase 2" after having measured the performance of a "phase 1". By taking advantage of the technological progress acquired in the meantime.
1 x