AC220V backup power from 12V battery with mains failure

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: AC220V backup power from 12V battery with mains failure

by Macro » 26/10/22, 15:30

It will mainly depend on the number of opening and closing cycles that will be done over the period... Honestly, look at your oldest motorization that I had in hand was over 30 years old and already had an entry for a backup battery... 12 or 24V. And you freed yourself from everything else
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/10/22, 16:16

Macro wrote:It will mainly depend on the number of opening and closing cycles that will be done over the period... Honestly, look at your oldest motorization that I had in hand was over 30 years old and already had an entry for a backup battery... 12 or 24V. And you freed yourself from everything else
If you are talking about a gate motor, I have a system that has been running on a 24V 2Ah battery (car remote control) with wireless vacuum cleaner charger for over 2 years. the load consumes 1 W max during the necessary time, then 0 the rest of the time
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/10/22, 17:17

What I meant is that the garage door motorization in Remundo is probably designed to integrate a rescue battery
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Return to “Your technical assemblies, DIY, innovations and self-construction: making an object or an installation”