New wood-fired electric generator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
MivilleAndré
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: New wood-fired electric generator

by MivilleAndré » 03/04/22, 17:25

Yes I'm working on the rough plans, I'll put them online soon
0 x
savings, deprivation, recovery and wisdom, that's my motto!
fracass
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fracass » 11/04/22, 11:09

how is the lubrication done?
0 x
MivilleAndré
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MivilleAndré » 14/04/22, 18:36

The lubrication is done without oil, it is labyrinth piston seals, small 0.3mm slots spaced 1mm engraved in the piston. The tolerance should be 10 microns between the piston and the cylinder for optimum performance. The materials are chosen so as to avoid galling. It is a technology used in oil-free air compressors.

The manufacturing challenge will be to align the piston and cylinders with a clearance of less than 50 microns along and around the entire piston-cylinder circumference. Cylinder which must be necessarily floating at low temperature but stuck at high temperature due to expansion.

I am calculating the efficiency of the motor, finally Carnot's theorem does not apply for open systems. During the return of the piston, I have to remove a maximum of material (number of mol) and/or decrease the temperature of the gas in order to minimize the return work. (for a closed system, the gas temperature can only be reduced). I have to make a smooth mecha-optimized C code that calculates all this for me.

Here's what it looks like:
https://ibb.co/MnmfLb9

As you can see, there are three cylinders, the moving masses are balanced so less vibration and the problem of piston return does not arise with this configuration. but it is less compact than a configuration with a single central piston.

I have the electrical circuit in mind and I made some code that calculates the force on the magnet.

Miville Andre
0 x
savings, deprivation, recovery and wisdom, that's my motto!
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/06/22, 16:31

So what's the news of all this?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: