Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/05/20, 11:02

Did67 wrote:It is very surprising: two AAA batteries, which make a good year !!!

This one comes from Conrad. But it is even found in supermarkets, garden centers, etc.

[Make sure that the rain is part of the content; sometimes it's optional - but of course in the photo!]

PS: Isn't Father's Day soon?

Ooh not stupid lol ...

Thank you

And what is the range for reception in real time at home?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/20, 12:45

At my house, unobstructed view, no walls: 300 meters without any problem ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/05/20, 15:31

Did67 wrote:At my house, unobstructed view, no walls: 300 meters without any problem ...

Ah yes great ...
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 25/05/20, 18:24

By the way: in the unexploited plot of the shared gardens (where I planted squash in the "wild", in the middle of the meadow), I threw in yesterday some hydrated kidney beans that I had in excess (he left me two handfuls remained after planting at my house). We'll see if it grows on its own!
0 x
Fritz67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Fritz67 » 26/05/20, 22:08

Hello to all the followers of pp.
Small question for you: I have for the past two weeks my salad plants that are eaten by the root. After some research I deduced from it that they are undoubtedly larvae of ground moth also called cutworms.
By cons there does not seem to be a remedy without having recourse to a certain product that I refuse to use.
Do you have any tips?
0 x
It is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound that many people appear bright before they look con
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/05/20, 22:16

Fritz67 wrote:Hello to all the followers of pp.
Small question for you: I have for the past two weeks my salad plants that are eaten by the root. After some research I deduced from it that they are undoubtedly larvae of ground moth also called cutworms.
By cons there does not seem to be any remedy without resorting to certain products that I refuse to use.
Do you have any tips?

as soon as you see your salad wither, you dig underneath especially wide enough taking the root well and keeping well to the ground in a bucket for example, in this earth you must find the culprit, if you do not intervene he will make the line without problem
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 27/05/20, 00:19

Fritz67 wrote:Hello to all the followers of pp.
By cons there does not seem to be a remedy without having recourse to a certain product that I refuse to use.
Do you have any tips?

There is a biocontrol solution: parasitic nematodes of worms of this type.

Warning: there are several families of nematodes, against different parasites, including slugs. These are "Sc nematodes" (Steinernema carpocapsae). These are microscopic (invisible to the naked eye) non-annelid worms (also called "smooth worms") which parasitize and kill cutworm larvae living in the soil.
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 27/05/20, 19:44

I don't mind that the beans are martyrs plants with aphids, but these stupids, if it wasn't the beans that attracted them, where would they go?

this is the first year that I have beans, and despite several cleanings as best we can, with a water jet, it is very hard to remove them completely and they always come back more beautiful I feel. Even the pods (not yet very large) are black.

In other years, even without martyrs to attract and divert them from other vegetables, I was not bothered by aphid attacks ...
except a little on a small apple tree (curled leaves and ants).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/05/20, 22:56

You're right, it's more complex:

a) undoubtedly the presence of "favorable" (attractive) plants can increase the populations of aphids ... so undoubtedly, the "other years", there could be less!

b) but "normally" you will also develop helper populations and the result is a more resilient system - not a system without aphids! More resilient in the sense that there is less chance of having a "big shock" ...
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 27/05/20, 23:42

Did67 wrote:
b) but "normally" you will also develop helper populations and the result is a more resilient system - not a system without aphids! More resilient in the sense that there is less chance of having a "big shock" ...

I take this remark to say something, namely that I believe that as a "natural" gardener, who tries to have biodiversity, auxiliaries, life in the vegetable garden, it also depends a little (a lot) on the neighborhood ...

if we are surrounded by vegetable gardeners "chemists", in bare soil, followers of the tiller, treatments at all costs, the populations of auxiliaries will not be able to develop as well as if everyone "played the game".

Alas my neighbor is an irreducible and the other, two houses away, the same. Fortunately there are still their large cherry trees, at least they are free from treatments and sprays (which is not the case for young apple trees, however)!

On the right, one who does not garden, but a swimming pool ...

And behind, plowed fields, conventional agriculture.

So I'm a little stuck ... besides, my land is small. Just a "small island" of limited biodiversity.

well, there are browsers anyway ... and even slugs and some mole rats :D
0 x