Choice of radiant heater and inertia Atlantic / Thermometer

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/12/10, 09:55

The idea of ​​LEDs is interesting, but ...

If LEDs can replace bulbs in lighting, with a significant saving in consumption, it is because the efficiency of the bulbs is very poor.

On the contrary, a resistance already has an excellent yield. The LED could provide more in terms of directivity of the emission and radiant / convetion ratio, but the gain will remain low.
It will therefore always take several kW of LEDS to heat :!:
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 01/12/10, 11:20

Christophe wrote:In 2007, we tested a mirror radiant panel of 400W and € 500 ... co patented by the CNRS.

Not convinced at all ...

Details in this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/essais-et- ... t3934.html

Here is what I wrote in January 2010:

Christophe wrote:
lorene wrote:I'm looking for info on infrared heating mirrors.

Frankly it does not work top: we no longer use ours since the tests of 2007 ...

The panel must work continuously for it to heat a room!

I think that a 2000 or 2500 W fan heater used for a short period of time (using a bathroom for example) is much more economical in use and installation.

The radiant mirrors seem to me to be a false good idea ... but hey I tested only one model.

I also raise this subject to say that I think it is better in general to heat an auxiliary bathroom with electricity than to heat it 24h / 24h with central heating ... well it depends on the configuration of the house if the bathroom is central to the accommodation, not sure that electricity is interesting ... but it is still rarely the case ... (but what do architects think?)

I guess it's a far infrared mirror
Strange however there is very good return.
The explanation would be that far IR penetrates more into the body than near or medium IR.

A good discussion on futura science, and he will not be fooled by a speech (I say that for dedeleco.
here

Which explains in particular that one cannot heat up with air blown at 22/23 °, because the surface temperature of the body and 33 °
We just limit losses.
The example of the ski slopes given is in my opinion very representative, it may be 0 ° C or even less if there is the Sun, so the radiation is hot. What is needed is to be hot and not heat.

Then comparing a 400W radiation with a 2500W fan does not really make sense.

And your measurement "protocol" is wrong, it is not enough to measure the air temperature, the surface temperature is very important.

Again, what you need is to be warm, not warm.

But it is true that in the bathroom blowing is possible and only here: it takes a rapid rise in temperature, the air is very humid, the air current will accelerate the evaporation of water on the skin .
Still, the noise is unbearable.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 01/12/10, 22:29

To respond to deldeco's remarks, it is true that I also do not understand the presence of a thermostat graduated in T ° C on most electrical devices.

I do not understand either how a simple radiant with "inertia (hum)" can cost 200 € : Cry:

I will not say that it does not heat but we can not speak of inertia for a radiator so light ...

The 2 radiators I'm talking about above are wibo that I bought secondhand last year. They are very heavy (lava rock inside). Here we can start talking about inertia. But it's not the same price either
0 x