Double wall pan

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/12/09, 09:57

fthanron wrote:Flytox, the diagrams look a lot like the principle of the rocket stove which seems it, is super efficient

By the way, looking at the photos and videos of the Austrian manufacturer cited above, I have the impression that the double wall system is reduced to something very minimalist. Isn't it just the air gap between the two walls that acts as insulation?

@+

Indeed, it looks alike. The lower part of this burner is not rather "refractory" which retains heat well. When the fire is out, the air circulation recovers the heat from the refractory to prolong the cooking. Disadvantage, it must be more suitable for long cooking than short.
If it is actually heated with wood, the bottom of the pan should be all black .....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 22/12/09, 10:35

Flytox wrote:
bham wrote:And then in the sealed position, will the fire not go out, the combustion gases being unable to escape and preventing the arrival of oxygen?

In the sealed position, the lights are off, the gas flow is stopped to use the accumulated heat to continue cooking a little more.

Ah well seen, you didn't understand. :?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 22/12/09, 11:23

I have a fact that dates back to before the war 40 which has a double wall
The principle has therefore been known for a long time but has not passed into the current domain.
It is a little heavier and bulky so less practical and fatally there is an additional cost.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/12/09, 11:29

phil53 wrote:I have a fact that dates back to before the war 40 which has a double wall
The principle has therefore been known for a long time but has not passed into the current domain.
It is a little heavier and bulky so less practical and fatally there is an additional cost.

+1; In the disadvantages, there is also the fact that it must resist the dishwasher. The choice of insulation becomes more complicated. Besides, what would you see it in?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 22/12/09, 12:01

Insulation in air space for the simple side of the thing seems to me there.
Otherwise, heat resistant insulation is required. Liège? Cellulose wadding (used by the Kuhn company from what I understand)? Wood fiber ? Mixed earth chips or earth straw?
The descriptions of Asian products (India included in case of) give "Double walled Hot Pot with extra thick Polyurethane insulation"

Put the pot in the dishwasher? For me, this seems relatively secondary given the place it takes.
At home, large dishes, pots and pans are washed manually.
0 x
Frederic

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"