Liquid flowing from the compost

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/06/09, 14:51

@ bham and TAMATA

I would take point 1 and 2 of your explanation, I can't believe that the bacteria in the bag would have killed the vegetation in such radical ways !!!

Meow!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
bain2jasmin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Liquid flowing from compost

by bain2jasmin » 23/06/09, 18:16

AigletoN wrote:Hello
attention I begin: d and not really to the point but I try to avoid all that is chemical.
I had a big bin lying around in my garden, so I started to put my grass in it to make compost. I realized that there was a liquid flowing out of it (there was a hole at the bottom) I am there to place a container to recover the said liquid.
Now I wonder if there will not be a way to make something of it (weedkiller, fertilizer etc ...)?

For a few years I have also been trying my hand at the vegetable patch. I found this year the way to overcome the weeding by letting the grass grow between the foot lines. I mow. to make a more natural vegetable garden

for the circulation of water to the feet I made deeper lines so the water remains on the feet. for the moment this technique pleases me and it pushes. If it is good I persist and sign for the next year the same method.

I notably found a recipe for nettles as a weedkiller and fertilizer according to dosage (which seems to be illegal? if I followed a post from here)

yes it is illegal all that is not approved in clear that means that any useful recipe without buying from chemical manufacturers is prohibited by law, which amounts to saying that the state supports multinationals for real despite the laws on the precautionary principle ... but there is a legal vacuum that multinationals exploit ... but that says legal vacuum implies in both directions so I am currently thinking of being able to use all ancestral recipes like nettle manure in all legality by using the legal vacuum of this law eh eh eh I am too strong
0 x
TAMATA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Weedkiller

by TAMATA » 23/06/09, 21:10

I do not explain the phenomenon, I note that my lawn is burned at the 2 places where I left my bag.

Here is a link to the photos I just took

http://picasaweb.google.com/tamata001/D ... Nem08rzhQE

You can see the bag with the grass, I just moved it to show what is flowing.

The other photos are: the burnt lawn in 2 places and the concrete where I put the bag 2 years ago.

I honestly know nothing about horticulture, I show the phenomenon that I have at home.
0 x
AigletoN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by AigletoN » 24/06/09, 05:55

do not know because of the lack of light quite simply that the grass to burn more the temperature of the bag with its content of mowing
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 24/06/09, 12:45

Hello,
As for the bags and traces, a wooden board left on the lawn will achieve the same result.

But I come back to what did67 said about the destruction of bacteria by turpentine from conifers.
I started working this year and the provenance comes mainly from leylandis which I grind.
So this year, I have never had so much slug (normal), but tomato feet that I bought (not f1) because mine are stuffed we tend to burst (unidentified cause) the seedlings are taken very bad (carrot and beetroot does not take).

So if he had a link, or explanations on the consequences of certain species, because the neighbors give me a little bit of everything, but if I make brf to promote bacteriological life with materials that destroy it.

thanks in advance clude
0 x
Did67

Re: Liquid flowing from compost

by Did67 » 24/06/09, 13:00

bain2jasmin wrote:
yes it is illegal all that is not approved in clear that means that any useful recipe without buying from chemical manufacturers is prohibited by law, which amounts to saying that the state supports multinationals for real despite the precautionary principle laws ... but there is a legal vacuum that multinationals are exploiting ...

No. Let's be precise.

The trade in "nettle slurry" is illegal. Exactly, a manufacturer's ventilator would have to subject it to the same battery of tests with a view to an MA (Marketing Authorization) as is the case for a chemical molecule. And what a few multinationals can afford for their products, a small manufacturer cannot afford ... It is the manufacturer's responsibility.

Note:

- no one prevents you from producing and using your nettle liquid
- no one prevents a farmer from making nettle manure and selling his products; in general, products from organic farming known as "biodynamic" (often marketed under the Demeter brand) are moreover treated with preparations including nettle manure.
- a lot of chemical molecules are withdrawn from the market at the moment (there is a spectacular reduction in the number of molecules) precisely because when the quantities sold are not sufficient, it is not profitable to finance studies for a marketing authorization! So it also affects synthetic molecules.
- finally, within the framework of the Grenelle de l'Environnement, a relaxation is "in the pipeline"; this is still dragging on a bit, but soon the "preparations not presenting any particular risks" (I do not remember the exact name - forgive me) will be authorized according to a very very light protocol ... So we will soon see the liquid manure nettles in stores ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/06/09, 19:06

It is already on sale at almost all organic fairs under the name "fermented nettle extract".
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
delnoram

by delnoram » 24/06/09, 20:25

As I already wrote above, they are found in DIY stores, internet merchant sites and seeds manufacturers.

Besides, this little link may interest you http://www.patricia-schillinger.com/art ... rticle=200

In particular the passage "Preparations made by an individual for personal use, such as nettle manure, therefore do not fall within the scope of a placing on the market. Consequently, it is no more prohibited to recommend natural methods to individuals than to give the recipe. Furthermore, the preparation by the end user on the farm or in the garden of these preparations does not require prior authorization."
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/09, 12:04

This article is prior to the current regulatory change. The regulations indicated are those currently in force, but they should therefore evolve very quickly (normally, starting this summer, A whole series of new rules should come into force aimed at facilitating, for example, biogas installations - currently subject to the same regulations as Séveso factories! - or "preparations without particular risks" such as nettle manure - currently still subject to the same regulations as synthetic phytosanitary products).

We spend our time complaining! Let us underline this consecutive advance at the Grenelle de l'Environnement (well, when it will be done).
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 01/07/09, 10:02

I have a big problem with my composter: we can't get it started.

our composter looks like a big black trash can with a small ventilated plastic grid at the bottom, a kind of drawer and two doors on the top (thanks to the town hall, by the way, who offered us this thing).

we did not have the place to put it on the ground on something flat so we put it on a wooden pallet and we started to fill it with as indicated on the instructions a layer of hay on the below.

after a few weeks, it started to rot and stink. we bought an organic compost activator that we sprinkled on it but no results ....

our composter is now stuffed with insects and stinks ... and we don't know what to do to get out of it. I tell myself that there may be too much air flowing from below ...

an idea ?
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"