question andre

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 08/11/05, 05:36

So you think that a two-stroke with separate lubrication can be pantonized but not a two-stroke with direct mixing because of the oil that would be destroyed in the reactor this seems normal.
but what do you think of the assembly that pitmix found in the photo, it seems to me not bad considering that everything goes through the reactor, everything must burn in the engine but it may be harder to adjust this kind of assembly? (two carbs)
0 x
small
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 08/11/05, 07:35

I think André wants to say that this system only exists on ULM motorcycles and that the use of good oil is enough for your engine.
0 x
Other

by Other » 11/11/05, 05:24

Hello
In principle, you recommend passing everything downstream, so all the air and fuel in the reactor, this
(work) for a mower, for the simple reason that proportionally the reactor is large for this small engine, but when the case of a car comes, or it is necessary to pass 200kg of air per hour, in a reactor with barely larger than that of a mower, we are going to have a serious problem to maintain it in temperature.
Although if we look closely at the Chambrin assembly this is exactly what it does, everything goes into the tube bundle reactor, in heat recovery costs it must be at its maximum, and I doubt that what comes out of the reactor be well above 100c, it is already difficult to keep the reactor temperature by passing a small portion of air through the reactor, with a few water droplets ...
No, it is much easier to adjust, since we use the original carburetor, with its butterfly and its control.
Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 14/11/05, 13:08

hello André, I came across a forum the last week or you explained the manufacture of a venturi I can not fall back on it if you could guide me thank you in advance. :?
0 x
small
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 14/11/05, 13:30

Many apologies to André but I found what I was looking for hi. : Wink:
0 x
small
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 04/12/05, 21:17

Hello

I already had the opportunity to ask the question but, in addition to the problem
mixing on a 2 stroke there is a temperature problem
exhaust.
A 2 stroke heats as much as a 4 stroke, but due to the shape of
the exhaust (cone-to-cone shape) and its volume
the heat is more "diluted" therefore harder to recover for
bring the pentone up in temperature.
In addition, changing the shape of the pot by a 2-stroke risk of unregulating
(its shape is studied to create a back pressure which comes
"tap" on the exhaust light and avoid a "leak" of the mixture before raising the piston, even if there are variable exhaust systems based on valves (yam) or additional chambers (honda)).

in short: modify the 4-step escape = no (too many) problems,
modify the shape and volume of a 2-stroke esc = galères
possible (not to mention the rise in pentone temp)

André did you try to modify a 2 time? what do you think about the exhaust problem?
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).