Perpetual, supernumerary and gratis. PAC + STIRLING

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 19:28

And yes Esege, a high COP means a small deltaT, which in return can not give a considerable advantage, and as you feel it intuitively, there is not much left to cover the friction.

But to console you, I had proposed something really effective for heating, "overunit" for a zealous salesperson, and also for the wallet. : Lol:

It was leaves
Remundo wrote:Still, there is a way to become overunitary ... it made me think of that when I saw 107%.

It's an idea I have had for a long time. I even think I read it right or left on the net.

surunitaire in thermal pumping I hear ... That one does not lend me the absurd and metaphysical thoughts of the world of free energy ...

The diagram is as follows:
100 J burns give:
40 J electrical and 60 J thermal thanks to microcogen (its efficiency should be increased to 40% (possible with the SPRATL concept).

Then the 40 J electric are injected into a heat pump of efficiency 4 (the COP for heating engineers)

So we have 160 Joule of heating in addition to the 60: 220 Joule of heating (low temperature for houses ...).

Combining microcogeneration and a heat pump is therefore a way of multiplying the calorific value of the initial fuel by 2,2.

Not bad in times of crisis! it will be worth all the premiums to the tank

The Germans are perhaps not far from doing that, they are already leader in PAC, and soon leader in micro-cog ... And also leader in boilers ... In terms of heating and energy, the Deutsch know what they are talking about, even if they keep the gas and coal wart in their electric mix ...

During this time, we run nuclear power plants and we release 50% of the nuclear fission heat into the atmosphere, either directly in the air cooler, or indirectly in the Joule effect of power lines.
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 13/12/08, 23:15

Yes Remundo and with real figures, it's still not bad.

A wood pellets micro-cogeneration machine like SUNMACHINE can simultaneously produce 3 Kw electric and 10 Kw thermal (mechanical efficiency of 21% if overall efficiency of 90%).
If we run a heat pump with the electricity produced and it has a real COP of 3, we have 9 Kw of thermal power more, that is to say 19 Kw thermal.
If the SUNMACHINE takes 90% efficiency, it uses 14,44 Kw of thermal power from the pellets, or an overall "efficiency" of 19 / 14,44 * 100 = 132%.

Very pretty, but certainly very very expensive and therefore not economically viable.
In addition, using beautiful current produced without loss and with ZERO CO2 to heat, does not seem to me a very good idea ...

Regarding the losses from nuclear power plants, you are too kind to EDF, we are closer to 2/3 of losses.
The 50% efficiency is achieved by combined cycle gas power plants (with steam turbine) which are much more present in press articles than on EDF sites.

All the energy lost by nuclear power plants is lost forever. We could do district heating, but planning to install a beautiful power plant in the city center risks motivating some opponents.

It would not be the same with cogeneration of course ....
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 23:31

Hi RIAZ,

Well agree on the technique.

On finance, you say "very very expensive". Not that much. In fact, for the moment, there is no offer in the matter.

The equipment required is nothing more complicated than a wood chip boiler or additional solar panel heating.

A "small contine" :?:

:P An additional cost at installation there will be
:P Reduced consumption will reimburse you
:P Nature will thank you
:P Your wallet will do better
0 x
esgege
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by esgege » 14/12/08, 01:59

Ok understood thank you remundo

Could someone tell me where I can find the operating temperatures of a heat pump? (low and high pressure)
0 x
Let us say and do well
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/12/08, 09:49

Should see that on a site, like "Daikin"

Basically, the cold source is the ground or the air (10 ° C), the hot source is the hot water tank (40 ° C to 80 ° C)

The lower the heat demand, the higher the COP. This is why the COPs indicated are only orders of magnitude, because they mean nothing if we do not specify the deltaT imposed on the CAP. : Idea:
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 14/12/08, 11:14

With a heat pump, the best is to favor the restitution by the ground. It requires lower operating temperatures!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."