car performance against bike and recumbent

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 10/09/13, 11:51

This is very good info dating from 2010.

The guy (he is a velomobile manufacturer) takes a cheap motorcycle, surrounds it with an aero "body" and lowers the driver's position, plus a few modifications (transmission ...)

Result 1L / 100 to 130 on the highway.

http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbe ... orbike.htm

Not bad !...
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 17/02/14, 21:36

Good evening, here is another kind of bike http://ablogm.com/velorution14/2011/05/ ... es-routes/

it is convenient for those who have a diet without stool : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
DiaraDominik
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DiaraDominik » 21/12/15, 14:30

Hello,
This bike is not very practical if you use it in town.
Otherwise, here is a site that offers cheap parking rental near Roissy Cdg airport. That's the link [Flytox moderation: bad start with a commercial link ....]
Have a good day
0 x
adomanim

Re: Car performance against bike and recumbent bike

by adomanim » 07/01/20, 21:09

It is quite possible to buy a good cheap bike on the right corner to start, especially when you do not have a big budget. I started with an MBK mountain bike at 40 euros. If it ever helps, a few things I didn't really realize at the time:

- it is really essential to have a bike at the right size. Too small and you can't unfold your legs, too big and you break your mouth at a red light. When buying second-hand, you must ask the seller the size of the frame to sort it, and then go and try to check.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by GuyGadebois » 07/01/20, 21:14

BobFuck wrote:This is very good info dating from 2010.

The guy (he is a velomobile manufacturer) takes a cheap motorcycle, surrounds it with an aero "body" and lowers the driver's position, plus a few modifications (transmission ...)

Result 1L / 100 to 130 on the highway.

http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbe ... orbike.htm

Not bad !...

Crazy, the guy spent (at random), ten times the price of his bike to gain at best almost 1 liter per 100, thereby discovering the laws of aerodynamics. It’s amazing.
Ps: As for the sensitivity to lateral wind, it is better not to talk about it.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 07/01/20, 21:39

4 seats, 382 kg, 110 km / h ... 12Cv!

http://www.citroenorigins.fr/fr/vehicule/c10
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
alaa.abod
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by alaa.abod » 07/01/20, 22:04

Here are four promising innovations: the bikes with Ufeel supercapacitors, the first fleet of which will be delivered next year at La Poste, the ThirtyOne bikes that recharge with coaster, the car that only emits air from Mdi and the first factory of sodium-ion batteries from Tiamat to Amiens.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 07/01/20, 22:09

alaa.abod wrote:Here are four promising innovations: the bikes with Ufeel supercapacitors, the first fleet of which will be delivered next year at La Poste, the ThirtyOne bikes that recharge with coaster, the car that only emits air from Mdi and the first factory of sodium-ion batteries from Tiamat to Amiens.

MDI, I've been in the project for 29 years, it's been going on for 29 years, it hasn't come to fruition, it's only a promise.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/01/20, 10:28

of course if it works! Provided that this type of means is reserved in very specific niches such as in an explosive environment where thermal and even electrical are not usable.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 08/01/20, 11:46

Janic wrote:of course if it works! Provided that this type of means is reserved in very specific niches such as in an explosive environment where thermal and even electrical are not usable.

I didn't say it didn't work, I said that we've been waiting 29 years for this to happen.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."