Driving "ecologically" by car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
delnoram

by delnoram » 21/12/08, 17:00

Did67 wrote: We are still beginning to identify the effects of global warming

Petit HS: It would seem that at least a part of the scientific community favorable to the conclusions of the IPCC, agrees with Claude Allègre ... on the expression of "climate change" and not of "global warming".
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 21/12/08, 17:00

Did67 wrote:2) With new systems (in Diesel, HDI or equivalent) and with recent petrol engines (to calculators and multipoint fuel injection - often a name with an "i"), for consumption, no need to cut the engine: the computer cuts the injection (diesel or petrol) as soon as the engine no longer needs power ... What needs to be done is to think about easing off !!! Question consumption, it is absurd, on this type of engines, to cut them ... Another behavior inherited from another generation ...
Except when you are coasting (without braking, so without wanting to use the engine brake). Do not leave the engine idling. Subject to being able to save the brake and the steering obviously.

I more so insist on knowing the type of technology to use a car in a "personalized" way! Especially on modern ...
A 2CV poses no brake or steering problem with the engine off : Mrgreen:
0 x
philsw
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by philsw » 21/12/08, 18:33

Did67 wrote:
philsw wrote:It is above all a GHG of which we still do not know the real long-term effects in too high a concentration on our planet.

We are still beginning to understand the effects of global warming! It's not just cancers that make you die, storms too, and floods (even if it's less here) ...

For me, saving a little CO² of fossil origin (fuel), it is worth it ... Even if it is not only that.

Note that we do not necessarily disagree: the reduction in conosmmation often goes hand in hand with the reduction of CO² AND that of what you call "pollutant". There is no opposition!

For the moment no one can say if storms or floods are really linked to climate change (perfectly indisputable him). And we can "easily" protect yourself from it by building houses correctly (far from being the case even in France!).
When toxic pollution is unfortunately only very little linked to CO2 pollution !!! Example with the proliferation of diesel cars which consume less individually (but not in the manufacture of fuel or in use if like most of the time people drive more !!!) but actually pollute our environment. Besides more than private cars are all the commercial vehicles which are the cause (and me included since when I order on the internet a product there is a good chance that a LCV comes to deliver it to me personally by driving often almost empty! ..).
In short, "pollution" by CO2 is above all economic and the simple fact that until this year oil production only increased despite the measures to reduce emissions downstream of CO2 were only attempts to empty the sea with a spoon !!!
The current crisis will at least allow the earth to breathe a little. But I haven't heard that kind of comment yet
0 x
hybrid SUV
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/08, 21:04

philsw wrote:

When toxic pollution is unfortunately only very little linked to CO2 pollution !!! Example with the proliferation of diesel cars which consume less individually (but not in the manufacture of fuel or in use if like most of the time people drive more !!!) but actually pollute our environment. Besides more than private cars are all the commercial vehicles which are the cause (and me included since when I order on the internet a product there is a good chance that a LCV comes to deliver it to me personally by driving often almost empty! ..).

Okay, we're going astray. Experts discuss global warming, its causes, the increase in the number of extreme climate situations ...

This can increase us for a while.

Here, it was a question of econological conduct ... And in this context, I simply said:

1) that the issue of CO² could not be avoided on the grounds that it is not a pollutant; it is a "defect" of the use of fossil fuels (whether for the car or for heating), we cannot be satisfied with stating that CO² is necessary for life ... A little short in the 21st century century!

But I do not want to open a debate here whether it is Allegre (who has an ego like that and much more to appear on TV - he tried to become a minister at Sarko to make people talk about him! - not naive all the same) or the group of experts who are right ... I really don't care ... The simple principle of prudence should order us not to let the CO² rate in the atmosphere explode, that's all ... If you always need scientific "proof" before having a bit of morality ... Good, but I said more than I wanted!

2) that in general, the measures (linked to traffic) which go in the direction of a reduction of pollutants go roughly also in the direction of CO² reduction , I was not talking about a causal link: for example having the mushroom a little light, limiting its speed, stopping its engine or using something other than the car ... All this reduces and the emissions of particles, and Nox and CO and that of CO² ... My point did not go beyond.
0 x