Cruise control and fuel savings

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/06/08, 09:54

jessle wrote:rolling runs is useless, we must accelerate thoroughly to all reports my consumption decline; even more if it is the regulator that accelerates

I did not understand ????
0 x
Click my signature
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 20/06/08, 10:06

I will accelerate very slowly before, now I try to climb to 3000tr as quickly as possible in each gear and my consumption drops.

If the regulator is already programmed and you are below this speed, I reset the regulator which accelerates the car and I notice that in this way the consumption drops.
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 20/06/08, 11:45

Yes, I confirm, the consumption is a little less with the regulator than without.
Before on a long trip I had cramps to hold the car to stay at a legal speed, now with the cruise control I no longer fear getting caught inadvertently.
I use it as soon as possible since as soon as you brake it is deactivated and it is possible to modulate the speed with the steering wheel control in increments of 1,6 km / h (the systems are intended for ricans therefore in miles).
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 20/06/08, 14:03

jessle wrote:berlingo 1.6 hdi 92ch with regulator

In terms of driving with a regulator, it's true we must not dream driving we must think that the vehicle rolls him whatever happens and always at the speed to program whether it is up or down

Thank you that's exactly what I wanted to say and you confirm my observations!
Consumption therefore drops well, and which gives me to think that it is useful (especially for "irregular driving" also called "vroum-vroum pappis" : Lol:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 20/06/08, 14:07

Bougonnator wrote:.... steering wheel control in increments of 1,6 km / h (the systems are intended for ricans therefore in miles).

Hi, on Europeans it is an increment of 2Km / H exactly! verified with the onboard Navigon GPS ...

Greetings
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 20/06/08, 14:15

For jessie
I will accelerate very slowly before, now I try to climb to 3000tr as quickly as possible in each gear and my consumption drops.

If you proceed in the same way, going up to 1500rpm. or more depending on your cubic capacity and your engine, it's a safe bet that your consumption will drop again! by 10%!

Any sudden acceleration is an unnecessary expenditure of energy (in any case that's what I observed on my boxes, heavy or light) I have 50 rods and I have been driving since I was 17, I was a delivery driver , taxi, and Master driver.
Patience, I gave and luxury cars (of others) too.

strongly the electric car for all!
0 x

Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 20/06/08, 14:33

for dirk pitt
good is all this but what about fuel savings? (as the title said)

Look at my numbers, if that doesn't answer you, what can we do about it? (I take this opportunity to point out to you that I know someone who has exactly the same body and who eats his 8 liters without breaking his head ...) he may have played the electric guitar in his youth : Lol:

On the other hand, I find that your idea of ​​electronic regulator which would eat up the inequalities of behavior of certain "papi has the pedal wouah-wouah" (not sure of the spelling) would be really a good move.
Note well, with cars equipped with continuously variable automatic gearboxes, we could make sure to manage the acceleration as well as possible (electronically) by using a "cruse control" which would manage the starting of the vehicle too!
still a subject of reflection .....

Hello everyone :D

Haven't seen anything like this on the market yet - one wonders why - eh ???
0 x

dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/06/08, 14:36

@lietseu

the electric car for everyone, it exists, the problem is that no one wants to manufacture it and sell it to us.
a German built what I consider to be not too far from the ideal EV for urban journeys:
he took an MC2 microcar, added two electric motors (one per gimbal) of 4,7KW each with 10kwh of lithium batteries.
the result: it gives a small urban car with 100km of autonomy and 100km / h of top speed. all for an estimated price of less than 15000 euros.
this is leaves
end of HS sorry
0 x

Click my signature
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 20/06/08, 17:08

Hello,

to continue dirk's HS, the link is quite interesting, we can see a lot of modified vehicles, the question is vis-à-vis the legislation in France is it easy to modify a vehicle to drive on public roads without being outlawed and at the level of insurance they accept to insure such a vehicle ???
As we are often the last of the class in the matter (the HBV among other things etc ...) there is a "brake" on the "artisanal" electric vehicles.

Geo;).
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/06/08, 17:34

Oh yes unfortunately
: Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x

Click my signature

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."