Barium titanate battery capacity 250 wh / kg!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 20/01/08, 14:09

but I created this post to talk about it now, not when the batteries are on sale !!!

the examples of the past are only relatively relevant to me.

I just want to understand how these new batteries could work, on what principle and how it would be manufactured with what process.

what would be the problems with such a battery?
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 20/01/08, 14:15

Hello,

This type of battery actually poses a big problem of recovering the energy they contain.
Their tension is essentially variable, therefore implies an electronic system of regulation which will give a stable tension under a given current.
This automatically limits the recoverable power ....

Let's take a simple example:
A super battery of 200 Volts and 20 Farads.
Power in the battery:
Q = 1/2 C V² => 400000 Joules => 111 W / h
I am going to feed with a 48 Volts DC motor, so I need a converter that will regulate 48 Volts (conv buck) and I could "pull" on the battery:
Q = 1/2 C V² => 1/2 20 (200²-48²) => 377000 Joules at the output near the converter (0.9) => 340000 Joules or 94 W / h

On the other hand if I use a 110 Volts motor, it becomes cata:
Q = 1/2 C V² => 279000 Joules => 70 W / h

All this to say that for low powers, or limited in time we can accommodate it. But to roll a car on 500Km there is interest to watch or we put the money !!!
Typical application: NVRAM's are with a supercap !!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 20/01/08, 14:25

Exceed wrote:.the dauphine from 1963 had an autonomy identical to the last 106, saxo released in 2002

It is clear that the progress of electric cars is slow, especially because of the batteries ...
but there is also a dolphine tested according to current standards was flattened to the backrest of the seats ... rear! ... with a Saxo, under the same conditions there is a good chance of getting out of the car on his legs and not too battered ...!
This explains this a little ...
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 08/03/08, 23:24

news of this battery that will save panete and surprise everyone?
0 x
click
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by click » 22/04/08, 13:06

Chatham wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:If it's true, it's great info ...
But if this is true, these batteries have no future, because they disturb tankers ... :?

On the one hand these batteries are still experimental, then to claim that the oil tankers would block any technological progress in this field is ridiculous because it is not a source of energy ...
If such a battery technology is valid and reliable (which remains to be proven), it will be used very quickly where it is useful, see eagerly awaited: from the satellite at 1 billion € to the mobile phone ... well before cars ...

Ah yes, the oil companies do not block this kind of technological advances?
rather watch this film ... it is 700 mo (if you are at free you can download it at more than 700 kb / s, otherwise you will be limited to 30 kb)
http://cliclem.free.fr/Who_killed_the_eletric_car.avi
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 22/04/08, 15:48

Hello,
you forget, it seems to me, an important thing: Almost all barium salts are very toxic.
This is the reason that made him eliminate magnetic ceramics.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)