Peugeot 4007: back to the past!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 02/02/07, 00:28

Woodcutter wrote:
agukha wrote:[...] but I would be curious to see the pollution which it generates on the other hand, the manufacturers improved for 20 years, without counting the fact that a new engine is inevitably winner.
If we talk about pollution, it's not the same thing anymore ...

Otherwise, to always stay at "4 * 4", a quick tour of the site http://www.crash-test.org/ allows to see that in the test called "Pedestrian shock" practiced by EuroNCAP, 4 * 4 and SUV are doing less well overall than sedans ...

The "aggressiveness" of this type of vehicle is therefore not just a legend (urban ...)

Yes that's for sure, it's not more solid in general, it turns over 3 or 4 times more easily than a "normal" car ...

I searched quickly without finding, I do not yet have the right links in my bookmarks, a comparison of the different sources of air pollution, apparently the chimney fires are very polluting, I did not know, but I asked in total volume say over a random year, what is the pollution generated by these millions of trucks that crisscross the territory compared to the 4x4 park.
Pollution that could largely be reduced by piggyback if we really took the trouble, next to that, I'm afraid that the pollution of 4x4 is "almost" anecdotal (?).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 02/02/07, 00:41

agukha wrote:[...] For example, fire my 309 1.6l consumed 12 / 13l, I have just seen that the 205 with the same engine consumes similar according to some research in forums, I looked at the consumption of what remains for me the first symbol of the useless 4 * 4 "mode": the Rav4, which is not the biggest, that's for sure, and which is given for 7 to 9l depending on the engine [...]
To my knowledge, the only 1600 engines fitted to the 205 were those of the GTI sports versions ...

Otherwise, I could not find a 309 1.6 l (too old) so I fell back on a 306 with 1.8 engine from 1998, compared to a RAV 4 from 2000 with 2 l engine.

In 306:
- 4,03 m
- 112 hp
- 9,1 liters on average

RAV4:
- 3,72 m
- 129 hp
- 10,1 liters on average

more recent, a RAV4 from 2005, still in 2 l:
- 3,85 m
- 150 hp
- 10,3 liters on average

For me, there is no photo ...

Otherwise, for my first comparison:

205 D 1998
- 3,71 m
- 60 hp
- 6,7 liters on average

RAV4 115 D4-D from 2002
- 4,25 m
- 115 hp
- 8,7 liters on average

The comparison is not fair, but it was not I who set the terms! (and there is nothing else to compare in Diesel ...)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 02/02/07, 01:42

Hello,
If you want to talk about old peugeot
the 203 with an American tank derreire from the 46s
there was a hemi cylinder head with a large intake valve
Inspector Colombo's 403 car
even with an indenor diesel engine fragile aluminum cylinder head
the prechamber that breaks and falls on the piston.
but remarkable enough for the time it even worked with fuel oil.
The bridge behind an endless screw, it was enough to reverse the screw and the crown after 100 km to use it in the other direction.
The 404 square box with almost the continuation of the engine of the 403
fragile cylinder head gasket, but fairly robust vehicle. (less than 403)

Andre
0 x
andre-34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by andre-34 » 06/02/07, 14:39

Now the rav 4 is in the "clean power" version I don't know what it is unless it is the "blue diesel" concept?
In fact must compare the rav 4 to a renault laguna of equivalent power ...
On the other hand, I rented a renault kangoo which seems to be apparently economical. That day it was windy which I had in full face on the highway.
The anemic engine of said kangoo did not allow me to keep the 130 on the clock (less than 120 times) and I went to the pump ... assessment: nearly 14l in 100 of super !!!!
So what are the consos advertised on small engines that get carried away and those of counterparts of small suvs, I named small minivans and recycled vans families?
My toyota yaris 1 liter petrol began to seriously consume when I pushed it a little while its fuel counterpart D4D it varied very little ...

Woodcutter wrote:
agukha wrote:[...] For example, fire my 309 1.6l consumed 12 / 13l, I have just seen that the 205 with the same engine consumes similar according to some research in forums, I looked at the consumption of what remains for me the first symbol of the useless 4 * 4 "mode": the Rav4, which is not the biggest, that's for sure, and which is given for 7 to 9l depending on the engine [...]
To my knowledge, the only 1600 engines fitted to the 205 were those of the GTI sports versions ...

Otherwise, I could not find a 309 1.6 l (too old) so I fell back on a 306 with 1.8 engine from 1998, compared to a RAV 4 from 2000 with 2 l engine.

In 306:
- 4,03 m
- 112 hp
- 9,1 liters on average

RAV4:
- 3,72 m
- 129 hp
- 10,1 liters on average

more recent, a RAV4 from 2005, still in 2 l:
- 3,85 m
- 150 hp
- 10,3 liters on average

For me, there is no photo ...

Otherwise, for my first comparison:

205 D 1998
- 3,71 m
- 60 hp
- 6,7 liters on average

RAV4 115 D4-D from 2002
- 4,25 m
- 115 hp
- 8,7 liters on average

The comparison is not fair, but it was not I who set the terms! (and there is nothing else to compare in Diesel ...)
0 x
zac

by zac » 06/02/07, 15:01

Hello

a 309 1.6l to 12l is without the tires or with a caravan; otherwise your license will not last long.

the 1.6 injection even by panicking the radars a little it does not exceed 8l or there is a problem.

with the same mill on the 205 I never exceed 15l in rally; at the time coming from rally3 we did not understand for an equivalent weight and very close times we ate 2 times less.

it's the same a 205d (in normal use) it's a small 6l

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 06/02/07, 18:01

Woodcutter wrote:To my knowledge, the only 1600 engines fitted to the 205 were those of the GTI sports versions ...

Not below there is the model "XS" (and can be SX also if it is like for the 309).

zac wrote:Hello

a 309 1.6l to 12l is without the tires or with a caravan; otherwise your license will not last long.

the 1.6 injection even by panicking the radars a little it does not exceed 8l or there is a problem.

with the same mill on the 205 I never exceed 15l in rally; at the time coming from rally3 we did not understand for an equivalent weight and very close times we ate 2 times less.

it's the same a 205d (in normal use) it's a small 6l

@+

Except that it was not an injection, but a two-barrel carburetor.

No doubt that new or in good condition and well adjusted it consumes much less, but I was unfortunately not in this case, and everyone does not know a good mechanic who will settle you correctly without taking you for a cow to milk by changing everything (at the same time it's not sure that changing just half is a great idea :) ), and by the way Peugeot did not make any more parts for this model ...
0 x
FUX.
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by FUX. » 06/02/07, 19:00

Woodcutter wrote:
agukha wrote:[...] But instead of attacking the "4 * 4" without any distinction, I am sure that a good number of these large unsuitable but recent machines consume less than an always valiant 205 that we have for 20 years!
Difficult to answer without a more specific example but I am almost sure that not ...

My car: an Ax diesel (20 or 30 kg less than a smart fortwo) 1L4 atm consumption less than 4L / 100 with cushy periods and speed periods. The only problem is the fragility of the cylinder head due to a known problem of overheating (just change the radiator).

Targol wrote: "And you, where do you place your manhood?" with a 4x4 crossed out below "Anti 4x4"

Terrible as a slogan if there is in fact I take a direct one! (but in black)
0 x
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 06/02/07, 19:38

FUX. wrote :
Targol wrote: "And you, where do you place your manhood?" with a 4x4 crossed out below "Anti 4x4"

Terrible as a slogan if there is in fact I take a direct one! (but in black)

And another for trucks? :)
0 x
FUX.
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by FUX. » 06/02/07, 23:32

For trucks, the T-shirt is not suitable. The motivations of a company to transport its goods by road and those of a person to move in 4x4 are clearly different. (It doesn't mean I'm for eh!)
0 x
agukha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by agukha » 06/02/07, 23:47

FUX. wrote :For trucks, the T-shirt is not suitable. The motivations of a company to transport its goods by road and those of a person to move in 4x4 are clearly different. (It doesn't mean I'm for eh!)

Yes these are economic reasons, and the results of which are hundreds (I say that at random, but it's probably much more) of times more harmful.

I would find it more logical (and healthier) to tackle as much as possible to force piggyback as much as possible, rather than once again attacking symbols and delivering your "hate" on them as more and more do. of people (people have always had an easy time hating categories of people singled out :| ).
0 x