G-pantonization of citroen c15 D

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 01/03/08, 20:06

It's good to broadcast it, But do not go too fast, make good tests repetitive, fine tune your settings, it takes a while to get the most out of every test output
are made not as much on the net, they give the first digit, then more talk.

You're right, first test well. That said anyway the system in one line as done here we will not recommend it, first because most of the time it is impossible with the bent exhaust pipes (we took a pot of one another car which was quite straight and which "came in", but it was a stroke of luck), then because that makes the tank go down to a constant level too low under the car (you must not take a small country lane while forgetting ...).
It is rather a "curiosity".

The good figures are repetitive.
the proper way is to fill to overflowing, make driving in one trip, a good 300km and return to the same position even pump refuel ntil I overflow
it's long in the end it goes to the cup (the foam)
then calculate the km traveled.

This is already done, but sometimes after 70 km, sometimes 160, etc. Will have to try with longer distances.

And before you lend your self to a newspaper, be sure everything is working well and that it is repetitive every time.
let the measure and calculate ..

Hey! It's not about that, it's not the goal. Already the local mechanic who is good and very nice split the pear while gently lent his help and tools to the final installation : Cheesy:

When you see the lack of interest around you, and most often you will pass for liars or more polite, some guys who do not know how to measure .. (If it were true it would know, you take Motorists for thick tartrants ..) you'll hear that often

Yeah, I guess. But in the village there are still interested, there is even one who waits to see if it works and already speaks to do it too. It must be said that it was sent to Quanthomme's website and that he took the game to read really all the information, so he is convinced and ready to convince the whole village :P

Although marginal came into this world to experiment ..

Thank you, and thank you especially for the help. Even though we have grasped the principle of the system, there are many small problems and doubts as and when, without ever knowing whether we make the right choice as the average pekin of the average crowd that has no problem. particular knowledge in all the fields that it touches.
0 x
Alain & Dan
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 01/03/08, 20:25

I forgot to congratulate here the inventors of the GVI (the G + I think it's Camel1, here). I wrote to them a year ago to tell them how great their idea was and why they did not put the GV and Reactor online ...
It took a good year for us to try, but their invention remains a small revolution, in my opinion, compared to bubbling and other unpleasant devices to implement in a car.
Thanks to the tireless thinkers / testers / enthusiasts :D
0 x
Alain & Dan
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 04/03/08, 10:26

Flytox wrote: Not even a little diagram or pictures to give us food?
Good continuation.
A+

Hello,
Here is the system before introduction into the pot (see below)
The tests continue ... and also continue to amaze with water consumption which suddenly got carried away which made us think of a leak, but since then it has returned to more "normal" values. . Grat grat grat.
Well, we continue calming down a little.

0 x
Alain & Dan
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/03/08, 15:21

Hello

Beautiful realization all stainless steel, even the GV, air inlet warm

The entrance, between the reactor the GV and hot air is used for what?
to do tests? or possibly enter the reactor with cold air.

Be sure to have some depression in the reactor outlet duct. (measured with a colony of water at 2500rpm it must be between 40cm to 70cm)
It will be necessary to find the good entrance of hot air of the long duct to balance the SGS otherwise it risks to pump all the water
although he must be in an almost vertical position.

This assembly should work well from a thermal point of view.

Leave it with little water and make the heater strong forced, Then after some adjustment find the flow rate of consumption of steam the results will be at the rendezvous.

Andre
0 x
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 04/03/08, 15:57

Andre wrote:The entrance, between the reactor the GV and hot air is used for what?
to do tests? or possibly enter the reactor with cold air.

There is the air inlet (which heats up) by the long tube parallel to the reactor, the small inlet in the chamber at the base of the reactor is located downwards when the system is in position and is connected to the trap to balance the pressures, according to G + tips.
This is what is wrong in this system is that once in place we can not change the elements without undoing everything, it should be thought better (for example at least be able to remove the rod from the reactor from above to check and change).

Andre wrote:This assembly should work well from a thermal point of view.

Leave it with little water and make the heater strong forced, Then after some adjustment find the flow rate of consumption of steam the results will be at the rendezvous.

This is what has been done more or less, a too big restriction in the air forced the system and heated a good shot. After we reopened a little restriction and it worked. On the other hand for the adjustments it is difficult, it changes all the time, sometimes it consumes too little, sometimes too suddenly, suddenly we wonder if the float of the gauge does not hang at times.
What it takes is to check several times before changing anything, and that's what is difficult: do not react to the blow by blow and undo the previous balance on a whim or an event punctual and not very reproducible. Find the place where the thing is really going.
Calm down and observe, what.

Thank you for your positive opinion.
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other

by Other » 04/03/08, 18:57

Hello
There is the air inlet (which heats up) by the long tube parallel to the reactor, the small inlet in the chamber at the base of the reactor is located downwards when the system is in position and is connected to the trap to balance the pressures, according to G + tips.
This is what is wrong in this system is that once in place we can not change the elements without undoing everything, it should be thought better (for example at least be able to remove the rod from the reactor from above to check and change).

the inlet hole near the reactor serves to balance the pressure with the inlet of the GV and the level of the liquid, otherwise difficult to control with the float (a little like a pressurization in the tank of a carburettor)

If you put a stainless steel rod with the right game and an acceptable length you do not have to dig in anymore
all adjustments are mainly between the steam level in the GV and the hot air inlet that you will control
the balancing outlet should not be a simple external venting but a constant pressure loop cuvea level constant

the other part to control less delicate is the reactor output, this duct should not be too big, too long suction in the engine a minimum required but not excess (tolerance is quite wide).

I think the part that will give you the wire to twists is the tank at constant level it takes a certain quality of material to be well functional especially when the water becomes contaminated or becomes hot.
During the long tests it is always to know if the consomation of water is regulirere if the sytéme is not clogged

At the beginning regularly I stopped to verify if the water tank drops, with the experience when it does not pass more water you feel it in the driving, the engine becomes softer ..

If it does not work at its best, do not leave in fear, the reactor does not touch it, it works almost always, will see especially in what enters the reactor.

Andre
0 x
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 04/03/08, 20:28

Andre wrote:... the balancing outlet should not be a simple external venting but a constant pressure loop on the same level

It's a loopback, not an air vent.
In fact the "device" was introduced into the exhaust pipe through the upper end, the exhaust pipe. drilled at each stainless steel tube outlet (4) so ​​that they are flush with or slightly protruding from the surface of the exhaust pipe, and small stainless steel tubes welded to them directly from the outside.
After that it is extended according to the case in hoses, by couplings or clamps (the water, the air inlet, the pressure loop), or in tubes after the reactor: first a piece of soft stainless steel welded followed by a reduction, then copper tubes that divide into 4 branches attached by connections (to the intake manifold).
Perhaps you should make a diagram and put the measures to make it clear.

Andre wrote:the other part to control less delicate is the reactor output, this duct should not be too big, too long suction in the engine a minimum required but not excess (tolerance is quite wide).

At first we found that it was not heated, but after insulation and increase in water flow it seems to heat well.

Andre wrote:I think the part that will give you the wire to twists is the tank at constant level it takes a certain quality of material to be well functional especially when the water becomes contaminated or becomes hot.
During the long tests it is always to know if the consomation of water is regulirere if the sytéme is not clogged

Yes, it seems to be the weak point. In addition one wondered if it would be necessary to develop a system which allows the tank with constant level to maintain a vertical position whatever the position of the car. For the moment it is fixed (as probably in most systems), so tilts depending on ascents or descents. What do you think? Is there any material more recommendable than another? For the moment we use a brass boiler trap, but if the valve is metal, the system hooked to the float is plastic, and I wonder if it will withstand long stresses.

Andre wrote:If it does not work at its best, do not leave in fear, the reactor does not touch it, it works almost always, will see especially in what enters the reactor.

OK boss ! :D
Thank you
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other

by Other » 04/03/08, 22:28

Hello

I opt for a mixed principle

the amount of water that I inject into the dry GV vaporizes is immediately swallowed in the reactor
at the beginning I fed the GV with a small carburettor that would pulverize in the hot walls of the GV, the problem of the carburettor that requires a small venturi to well pulverize the water because that it reduces the air flow in the reactor and also it the small jet gets clogged it takes water that passes through a motor gasoline filter.
Then I modified to spray the water with the exhaust pressure, another problem the sprayer clogged with the exhaust (but it worked well)
then I make a sprayer with the pressure of the turbo slightly less than the exhaust, but remains clean and sprays water only when the turbo is operational so engine in charge, it is also necessary to filter the water, and the biggest inconvenient, it does not work under 90kmh
so driving city no economy and idling no water useless to check the pollution slowed down
This spring I will make some changes to make it operational at low speeds (if the reactor is hot)
Although an accelerator stroke from time to time in the city and he receives a broadside of water mist ..
You can put a thermometer out reactor before it gets into the engine, it will inform you if it passes water in the reactor .. (very useful this reading)

Andre
Last edited by Other the 04 / 03 / 08, 23: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/03/08, 22:47

Hello Ak

All stainless steel, it's clean, beautiful achievement!

ak wrote:Yes, it seems to be the weak point. In addition one wondered if it would be necessary to develop a system which allows the tank with constant level to maintain a vertical position whatever the position of the car. For the moment it is fixed (as probably in most systems), so tilts depending on ascents or descents. What do you think? Is there any material more recommendable than another? For the moment we use a brass boiler trap, but if the valve is metal, the system hooked to the float is plastic, and I wonder if it will withstand long stresses.

With Alex56 we only had problems with this type of trap reconverted to constant level. After a lot of dismantling, adjustments, repairs, modifications of the circuit ..... mine finished at the closet and that Alex56 swung over the embankment : Mrgreen:

It was locked open, closed and between these 2 positions and did not support even the small variation of water inlet pressure (passage of behavior too often blocked open to too often blocked closed). A hint also on his ability to resist vibrations. The needle is made from a valve like that of the inner tube and I think the little bit of vinegar added in the water has to attack the rubber of the seal and amplified the phenomenon of jamming.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 05/03/08, 11:25

Hello Flytox,

Flytox wrote:With Alex56 we only had problems with this type of trap reconverted to constant level. After a lot of dismantling, adjustments, repairs, modifications of the circuit ..... mine finished at the closet and that Alex56 swung over the embankment : Mrgreen:

And what do you use now to perform the constant level tank function?
We will continue to test with the trap, see if it is really in question or if it is the setting that has caught, but we are still taking any alternative suggestion.
0 x
Alain & Dan