Pantone for 4L Trophy 2008

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 22/06/07, 21:45

Hello !

I see that it's moving forward!

Your plumber friend will have fun for the cord around the tube (you know, the one who has fun ... : Cheesy: )

The rest looks good.

For the GV, I will quickly make a small article about a problem of stability of the level, appeared in this case, which I found THE solution.
This does not change the drawing ver2.0, so no worries about what you have done. It will be just a little tinkering to add on the constant level tank ...

To follow, and good luck at home! :D

Michel

Edit: So, I just made this article in the wake, here:
http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/index.htm#GV_corrected
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Other

by Other » 22/06/07, 23:31

Hello

Nice fitting the reactor is well positioned
as you are on a petrol engine, how do you think you enter the engine? above the butterfly or below the butterfly?

Andre
0 x
jeyjey44
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeyjey44 » 23/06/07, 14:35

Thank you!

I think to position myself above the butterfly, I read that it was better not?
I also think to install a second butterfly that will open at the same time as the throttle, after the reactor outlet and before the venturi stitching after the air filter (it's understandable cke j'dis? :| ), so as not to have any problem slow down, I do not know if it's a good idea but on the pictures of the beginning of this topic editing was like that, after I can test it with and without to see the difference ...
0 x
When Robert shows the moon, Robert looks at his finger ....
Other

by Other » 23/06/07, 16:55

Hello

what you need to check on your car before it is to make a measure of depression under the butterfly in normal driving is 80kmh 120km to know what is the depression below
if it is weak 100kmh it means that the gas paw is relatively large open in this case place you above

in my case engine 3, 8litres has 100 kmh the depression below is 15 inches of mercury is 380 mm of mercury is the half atmospheric pressure, so I placed it below
as my usual speed is from 100 to 110kmh I have a good depression, for slow motion it is a fast but acceptable
ideally it should cut at low speed suction in the reactor, but for the inconvenience little I opt for simplicity.
So I operate the reactor with a vacuum of more than 3 meter of water on my petrol engine.

the disadvantage is that at high speed 150kmh it pulls less in the reactor (but I rarely roll at these speeds
the limit on the roads here is 100kmh with tolerance to 115kmh)

the inconvenience above is that the hot steam takes the place of the air passing in the venturi, it pulls more fuel is ultimately a richer mixture and overconsumption.
As if you diluted your intake air with a neutral gas.
the ratio of gasoline must be according to the passage of the weight of the air in the venturi .. (not volume)
With a Lambda probe it corrects more or less, but not with a carburettor ..

Initially if you go above
Anticipate in your editing the posibility to go below, in case you do not have satisfaction above

Andre
0 x
jeyjey44
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeyjey44 » 23/06/07, 17:03

Ok thank you.

Measurements in perspective then, but how do you do to roll them?
0 x
Other

by Other » 23/06/07, 17:27

Hello

you bait a pipe on with a T on the intake manifold, there is enough that goes out to the carburettor or other and you connect a manometer and you measure

Andre

0 x
godear
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by godear » 25/06/07, 10:25

Hello

I am happy to see that your system is progressing well and that you are offering us a nice installation. In addition, the Pantone pros are present on this post and I thank them (André, MIchel ...) because I have never been able to do it before and it is thanks to you that we were able to realize our system on the 4l of Nancy.
Will it be possible to recover the measures you will perform in terms of consumption and rejection of CO2 and NOx?
Glad to see that another 4l will be equipped for the next 4l Trophy.

Thank you very much and good luck
0 x
jeyjey44
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeyjey44 » 25/06/07, 18:45

Hello

Yes no problem, I think I would put them on the forum, uh no actually .. I'm sure! : Cheesy:
And I also thank the Pro Pantone to be present on this subject!
0 x
Other

by Other » 25/06/07, 18:54

Hello

You know we do not consider ourselves pro just a few years of bad luck and good luck, we also try to make the patente work better .. And sometimes we must contradict each other, when I read my first posts, I wrote with what I lived, but with the experiences, it is necessary to be updated.
If those who have made many mistakes do not give their point of view on the forumthis may be long for newcomers starting.

Andre
0 x
jeyjey44
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeyjey44 » 08/09/07, 19:23

Hello,

After a short break, here is the progress of our system, the welds were made:

The reactor:

Steam generator:

Voila if I think I connect the reactor outlet above the butterfly, a question of convenience, in the air filter, because I do not see how to connect it after the butterfly, unless you make a room ...
0 x