Water doping: Rover Montego TD 2L

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/04/08, 13:12

: Arrow: : Arrow: CHAMPAGNE : Arrowl: : Arrowl:

Diesel consumption before assembly, therefore the standard exhaust line without any modification 6,58L / 100

Diesel fuel consumption with homemade G-Pantone: 4,95L / 100, performed on the same route to the nearest meter, I drove faster today so I should have consumed more, I had the 4th pulled to exceed 2 PL so for the test without G-Pantone I drove economically like a good father as insurers say.

Is 24,7% savings : Shock: :D : Cheesy: 8) and there no measurement error it's too big as a difference

Consumption of water about 0,5 to 1L / 100km, I have a large container that does not allow me to take precise measurements at the moment.

It is far too early to draw conclusions but it would seem that a reactor placed 60-80 cm from the collector works, would I have had a better performance closer to the engine? It is possible but not verifiable.

: Arrow: : Arrow: Congratulations to André, Michel (camel1), Flytox and Christophe for your sense of free sharing, which is obviously priceless in a commercial and commercial era where most people think only of enlarging their bank accounts.
There are still 3 months I did not understand much mechanics, until the cylinder head gasket of the car to redo, I put my hands in it with a friend, then I learned to braze with a torch, I am perfect in arc welding, over that a big grain of madness and pantone it works.

When to the retrokit of hypnow what say ?? why in 5 days I earn 25% on my car with my house reactor and after more than a month of assembly and reassembly tests I cap at 10% on my truck ... ??? I am at the stage where I will tinker with a reactor for my truck, I will compare the results and I will advise in due time And the publicity will be positive or negative and disseminated on the largest scale that I could, I am in the process to set up a website to share my montages and results, the retrokit will be pinned there in positive or negative, for the moment I really have big doubts on its functioning, it goes without saying.

I will share all my results with the hypnow guy and I will see this reaction (if I dare say because for the moment the reactor it is not really reaction).
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/04/08, 14:15

Air inlet nozzle: 4mm
0 to 1mm drip nozzle for gvi
Gvi steam outlet nozzle 4mm

Tube 10x12 outlet reactor to air intake
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/04/08, 17:48

Hello
It is far too early to draw conclusions but it would seem that a reactor placed 60-80 cm from the collector works, would I have had a better performance closer to the engine? It is possible but not verifiable.

If the reactor receives sufficient heat and the conduits are not of excessive length, it is enough to put a double internal sheet of the exhaust duct (like the double thickness casserroles this minimizes the heat loss outside it makes an internal insulator)

well done for the results, expect to have highs and lows
if you run at low speed, they become fouled outside the reactor, which is cleaned when you load the engine
You should after a few adjustments (water flow) exceed 30% on the highway.
If you have made large enough the GV and the reactor to pass more than a liter of water without drowning, you will have more latitude to make the adjustments.
There is the limit of the reactor and GV and the limit of what the engine can swallow. 3 liters of steam in 100km it downstream but the yield does not improve ..

You can also gradually try to make an intake restriction at the air filter level to increase the suction in the reactor, you will see that there is also a limit

Take good readings of water consumption and follow the evolution with the consumption of diesel .

The challenge is to make the reactor run in Urban, the journey that the average driver does with his car.

For the drip principle I operated some time after the carburetor in this way, now I operate with spraying on the highway and pump, injection window washer when the turbo does not work in city driving.
It is the system that I prefer, but like the drip, the injection, the mini carburetor, if you pass hot water, there is always the problem of fouling of the orifices.
a dirty orifice will distort your tests.

My GV works dry or very little water, it vaporizes all the water that enters it .. and the water I heat it with the LDR before sending it to the GV ..

Another piece of advice, take care of the operating parameters on the one that works, take your time before modifying on your other vehicle, without which you will have the welding machine permanently in hand.

Andre
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/04/08, 18:18

hi andre

It's just, it's a small victory but I'm not done yet, I'm going to isolate all the tubes that take the cool, I need to repair my probe which tells me negative temperatures !!
Before she dropped, I had temperatures around 100 ° even at low speed in 4th

I leave tomorrow in we with the car, 700km round trip, I would have more precise indications of go, mixed route, highway, mountain road.
For the water flow, I will graduate my can in order to know precisely my consumption, for the moment I no longer touch the drip setting because without the probe I am lost

As the drip nozzle is placed just after the tank I do not know if it will receive a lot of hot water.

For the retrokit, I simply want to fire it and replace it with a homemade reactor of the type of that of the C15 of the town hall of vitry because my gvi is designed in the same way as that of the car and I notice identical temperatures at the reactor outlet, only consumption does not drop.

The challenge is to make the reactor run in Urban, the journey that the average driver does with his car.

I will take it up although I live in the countryside, I drive most often on national roads and in villages, I am only very rarely in traffic jams, it drives me crazy
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/04/08, 18:21

Hello Jime
jime wrote:... why in 5 days I earn 25% on my car with my house reactor and after more than a month of assembly and reassembly tests I cap at 10% on my truck ... ???

There are successes that make you happy, and doing it in 5 days is also a performance! 8)

Do you have an idea of ​​the percentage of the passage section obstructed by the modification of your exhaust? I have trouble interpreting your photos.
: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/04/08, 19:32

Hi Flytox

I would say 30 to 50% of volume maybe a little more, on just 1cm considering the rounded shape of the reactor outlet elbow, there is no plane on which the air comes up against but a rounding of the elbow which accompanies the path hence the variable volume of the restriction

There are successes that make you happy, and doing it in 5 days is also a performance!

and again I lost the day on Thursday like a noodle to understand that I had no depression but a breath, I had controlled the air intake and I thought I had depression, the breath behaved as on the truck, it was when I took a small section of highway and I felt the reserve of water placed between the seats swell and bubble like a bubbler that I understood why I had 40 to 60 ° leaving the reactor, you talk about the air going backwards, I invented pantone air conditioning :D
I dismantled the reactor outlet, I accelerated by putting my hand at the outlet of the tube and here is the surprise, the mistral came out of the pipe!
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/04/08, 23:31

0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 26/04/08, 12:18

Hello

I did a little test on a winding departmental road, 70-80 km / h and 90 in peak, T ° of exit of the reactor 80 to 95 °, I have not touched the settings of the drip since yesterday, I I just repaired my probe and I would like to try the configuration on the highway.

Good week-end !!
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 28/04/08, 18:48

Hello

Here are the results after a long journey, T ° ext: 25 then 20 °
On the outward journey, I drove 341km, including 208km on the highway and the rest on the winding low mountain road for an average of 108km / h and 138km / h on the highway, i.e. 130 to 150km / h, a bit more in peak or downhill .
Conso GO: 6,05L
Water consumption: 0,9L / h, I kept the same setting as the day of my comparative test.
T ° at reactor outlet
Tmin: 82 °
Tmax: 133 °
When I took the highway, for 1/2 hour, the T ° was 90-103 °, then I approached a 5/6% rating over ten km, the reactor heated to 120 ° , a little later the temperature fluctuated between 120/133 ° at 140 / 150km / h, until the end of the journey, then on a winding regional road I had 90-95 ° at 70 / 80km / h

Some journeys in low mountains (therefore sloping road) from village to village then journey in villages with stop, recovery, 66,5 km on average 40-50km / h, consumption 5,95L / 100

On the return, at night, outside temperature: 11 °, headlights + car radio + ceiling light
254km journey including 208km of motorway, average 112km / h, average motorway 118km / h or 120 to 130km / h, very little at 140km / h
Conso GO: 5,78L / 100
Water consumption: 1,5L / 100, the flow was not regular, I tried all the settings while driving, cutting the drip drop until I opened it wide, so the water consumption varied between 0 to 2L / hour see a little more the 1st half hour
I often drowned the reactor, the T ° oscillated between 70-82 ° with a lot of water (1 to 2L / h) up to 103 ° at 120-130km / h with less water. (0,5 at 1,2L / h)

All this without any insulation of the pipes, which I will do soon.

I found the consos of my car on the site of a private individual, I do not know what they correspond to, instantaneous or 100 km.
Montego 2.0 Turbo Diesel: same as Montego 1.6 except 5 hp tax, Perkins Prima engine, diesel cycle, 1994 cc (3 x 84,46 mm), mechanical injection, rotary pump, turbocharger, 89 hp at 81 rpm, 4500 Nm at 158 rpm. Weight 3000 kg. Speed ​​1120 km / h (station wagon 165), 163 to 0 in 100s13 (station wagon 5s14). consumption at 2 km / h 90l3, at 8 km / h 120l5, urban circuit 5l5.
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 06/05/08, 13:38

Hello

Here is a photo of the installation completed, everything is isolated, I did not reinstall the trap for lack of height.

The exhaust muffler is lower than my system so I have a little room to drive on side roads with tall grass or bumpy roads

0 x