Reactor sizing

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/10/05, 02:07

Hello smallie
If magnetism is a religion for you.
You can do like on my chevrolet a steel rod forcefully push into a stainless steel pipe the right size you weld the ends to the stainless steel
a finished shot this makes a stainless steel rod with a magnetic soul, I tried both, the differrence and low, slight advantage for the bimetal rod
but for the work that it gives I do not know if it's worth the candle ...
If the reactor is sufficiently heated and the good steam is sent with suction, there is no reason for it not to work.
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 11/10/05, 06:34

Hello
I do not put a bubbler, but a carburetor as small as possible Caddi carb or 102 (gurtner 707): rolleyes: the brand does not matter.
the mock carbs go well too, but you need a system to cut off the arrival of water at a standstill (no tank at constant level: angry:).
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 11/10/05, 13:37

Thanks to andré and zac for their advice I am fully in so basically the magnetism we do not care I make my assembly all stainless steel, I will place the reactor core diam 20 in stainless steel tube diam 22 long rod 110 all in the Exhaust slightly oversized to not brake the throttle and I intercalate everything on the original exhaust.
a venturi on the air intake and a modified carburetor tip for water injection.
I think I should get there.
if anything is wrong I count on you to guide me; but the further I go, the more I realize there are people supposed to be on this project.
A + Small
0 x
small
zac

by zac » 11/10/05, 14:08

Hello
Do not overdimit your exhaust you will lose in heat exchange, the restriction to 2 benefits: 1tu create a wave of wind, or gas acceleration 2: restriction = compression = temperature rise, or more rapid action and stall -frequent.
So that its march must aspire although it is warm, so as close as possible to the collector and well insulated + a good wind (if its not enough adds a valve to admition).
@+
zac
0 x

Other

by Other » 12/10/05, 06:48

Hello
fully agree with ZAC
it is preferable not to increase the diameter of the exhaust duct around the reactor, even in my case I reduce it locally around the reactor, it allows me to operate the reactor from 80kmh and this gives me a restriction or a clamping a Exhaust only at high speed, 150kmh, as I do not go often or not at these speeds, it's negligible, when I talk about using an engine that's what I'm talking about, we get organized to have the maximum efficiency in the reactor at the usual speeds of the vehicle.
Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 12/10/05, 09:16

ok I will follow your advice; I keep the existing exhaust manifold.
for the venturi I saw on the mercedes a cone that reduces the intake diameter to 30 mm it seems small, but hey if it works on a 3L it should work for the 2.5L (I still have a lot of trouble think engine power differently than what existed until now).
For the carbu I think to keep the floater to manage the water supply is what must be warm water before the carburetor and vaporization before the reactor?
0 x
small
Other

by Other » 12/10/05, 16:27

Hello,
answer to smalie

I do not see whoever you talk about fueling a diesel other than with its injection pump.
In doping with water we keep all the existing system, the engine sucks its air in the normal way except that it sucks a small part of air with water vapor through the reactor, that's the water doping,
Or explain badly, or you mix all the variants of the system.
Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 12/10/05, 21:25

No no the carb is not to power the engine is just to replace the bulor that I understood.
the only thing that annoys me is to reduce the air intake to create the venturi that injects the gas leaving the reactor.
Small
0 x
small
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 13/10/05, 08:11

Hello
As André has already said, the venturi that limits a little air flow at high speed is not a problem. Except if it is to run at 24 H Le Mans in the long straight Hunaudières ... The loss is, according to the construction quality of the venturi, quite low. And if the water doping works well we must recover the loss of power.
The most difficult thing is the construction, the adjustments and the installation of the assembly under the bonnet ...
It is better to have tools for that and time.
And once we started we think about it even at night! A real passion ...
Michel
0 x
zac

by zac » 13/10/05, 20:55

Hello
if your doping water is correct, the restriction to admitting by the wind does not bridle a modern engine it was tested again this afternoon with a xara 1.9 td in need flat with a little headwind we stayed a minute 30s on the injection cut. wind resistance 69mm ext. 45mm int. a pantone had been mounted on a box which passed the antipollution; she spit her shit for 3km and after 25km we went to 1.8 at CT.
@+
zac
0 x