VMC: the pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: VMC: the pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages

by izentrop » 30/03/21, 14:36

AD 44 wrote:Hello,

LOGIC12 wrote:... I have an extractor hood which is used when cooking, but also 5 minutes from time to time as "occasional CMV" with a higher flow rate than a CMV ...

With the scent of toilets that delicately stimulate the nostrils of the cook and the guests !!!

Hmmmmmm
It all depends on the location of the air intake vents, otherwise an outlet could act as an intake vent. : Twisted: I suppose.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/03/21, 14:52

izentrop wrote:It all depends on the location of the air intake vents, otherwise an outlet could act as an intake vent.

It is true that we could see that you often made this confusion between the orifices ... Image
0 x
Dimeh38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dimeh38 » 08/04/24, 09:43

Hi ! So, the question of whether a house needs controlled mechanical ventilation (CMV) is a bit like asking whether you need fresh air to breathe. Basically, yes, it’s super important!

Imagine your house as a box where you spend a lot of time. If you don't circulate the air, it can get stuffy, especially if you cook a lot, take hot showers or have pets. Without proper ventilation, the air can become stale, humid, and even unhealthy.
0 x
HélèneMH
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by HélèneMH » 19/04/24, 10:19

Hello,

VMC (controlled mechanical ventilation) can be a valuable addition to your home to improve indoor air quality, prevent humidity problems and optimize thermal comfort. However, it can also cause heat loss and consumption
additional energy. To decide whether a VMC is suitable for your situation, many factors and should be taken after a thorough analysis and professional consultation to determine your specific needs, compare the different types of VMC based on their
performance and its cost, and examine the financial assistance available.
0 x