The thermal phase shift what is it ???

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The thermal phase shift what is it ???

by sicetaitsimple » 29/07/19, 09:41

Remundo wrote:yes theoretically the air is the best insulator, but provided that there is no convection in the air gap ... Gold from 2 or 3 cm, it begins to swirl and we are no longer under the assumption of a static air. The regime becomes conducto-convective and at that moment, instead of being an insulating agent, the air becomes a carrier, a player in the heat exchange.To prevent convection, the easiest way is to have foams or small cells in the air space. The thin insulation is not bad too because it mouth 2 3 cm by its presence.

Yes, I agree with Remundo.
Your initial solution (filling with hay) seemed to me not bad from this point of view, because there is still air, but the convective movements are slowed down. A little chopped straw would perhaps be even better. , by remaining in "low tech", "ecological" solutions and above all easy to implement in your case.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 29/07/19, 23:26

An insulator that does not move too much in time (moisture, mold, bug ...) cork in plate or in bulk, poly ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 29/07/19, 23:39

AD 44 wrote:An insulator that does not move too much in time (moisture, mold, bug ...) cork in plate or in bulk, poly ...

Yes you're right but my personal banker will not appreciate ... Image
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/07/19, 00:08

cork alone does not bring reflectivity on infrared,

at the risk of repeating myself: the thin multi-leaf aluminum insulation is very good. It can be bought by roll of 15 m² and can be found around 4 € / m² (ie 60 € for 15 m²).

It is very easy to install between wooden plates (a hammer stapler, or a bit of glue). It cuts itself to the cutter to any dimensions. We can put 2 layers if we want in a 2 blade or 3 cm.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/07/19, 00:33

Remundo wrote:cork alone does not bring reflectivity on infrared,

at the risk of repeating myself: the thin multi-leaf aluminum insulation is very good. It can be bought by roll of 15 m² and can be found around 4 € / m² (ie 60 € for 15 m²).

It is very easy to install between wooden plates (a hammer stapler, or a bit of glue). It cuts itself to the cutter to any dimensions. We can put 2 layers if we want in a 2 blade or 3 cm.

I need you to clarify your thinking ... in relation to my mode of construction.

1. the multi-leaflet of which you speak is this well?
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produit ... 1500569446

2. do you use multi slip in the construction of the safe?
And if so, where do you stand?

chest construction V3.jpg
construction trunk V3.jpg (92.1 KIO) Viewed 2299 times

3. here is a chest covered with its chassis (6 thicknesses P30 and greenhouse cover)

If I put the multi-leaf ON the frame produced-it still has its effect?

chest and chassis.JPG
box and chassis.JPG (122.79 KIO) Viewed 2299 times
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/07/19, 09:15

the insulation must be laid between the wooden planks, in the air gap between the wooden walls.

Regarding the chassis: if the insulation is placed on top, there will be blockage of infrared, in contrast to the open air, the foam / wadding of the insulation has very little effect because we are in conducto convective (drafts ...).

It should be a cover with a blade of air, and thin insulation inside. It's quite easy to do to examine your talents to make the box. 8)

the insulation of your link seems a little expensive: I advise you to take the first price insulation (around 4-5 € / m²), even to put 2 layers. 2 first-price insulation layers are usually more effective than one of expensive insulation.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/07/19, 10:20

AD 44 wrote:Put this notion of phase shift aside ... It will be less confusing.

Think: capture (glass), storage (mass and soil inertia), insulation (heat preservation)

I completely agree.

Inertia, in this case, is not your problem, finally your solution, you will not be able to shift the diffusion wave of heat. The reclining sun, your soil or your pads will start releasing the heat. Unlike a house, where the heat of 17 h will arrive at midnight when you can open to evacuate it. There, this phase shift

The result obtained, in the early morning when the cold is intense outside, will be the result of:

a) what will "fit" in your box the day before; therefore efficiency of what you call chassis and that I call the window of the window (because there is confusion between the frames in joinery and the "horticultural frames", which are the box and its window: https://www.terrevivante.org/935-constr ... hassis.htm)

b) among what came in, what you were able to capture and store (the rest leads to overheating during the day or requires ventilation!), in the ground or "utensils" put in the frame ...

To quibble, the effusivity would then be a notion that plays (speed at which the heat diffuses) in your buffer materials.

(c) and the early morning temperature will result from what has been stored, less leakage; limiting these is related to the quality of insulation and sealing).

d) for "leaks", it is the top, the glass, which plays; glass is more efficient than polycarbonates (it retains infrared); and it is the cover at night (straw hut, cardboard, thin insulation) that plays a lot because it is the most important surface and that at night, at altitude, the (invisible) radiation plays a lot. That's what he's fighting.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/07/19, 11:35

Did67 wrote:
AD 44 wrote:Put this notion of phase shift aside ... It will be less confusing.

Think: capture (glass), storage (mass and soil inertia), insulation (heat preservation)

I completely agree.

Inertia, in this case, is not your problem, finally your solution, you will not be able to shift the diffusion wave of heat. The reclining sun, your soil or your pads will start releasing the heat. Unlike a house, where the heat of 17 h will arrive at midnight when you can open to evacuate it. There, this phase shift

The result obtained, in the early morning when the cold is intense outside, will be the result of:

a) what will "fit" in your box the day before; therefore efficiency of what you call chassis and that I call the window of the window (because there is confusion between the frames in joinery and the "horticultural frames", which are the box and its window: https://www.terrevivante.org/935-constr ... hassis.htm)

b) among what came in, what you were able to capture and store (the rest leads to overheating during the day or requires ventilation!), in the ground or "utensils" put in the frame ...

To quibble, the effusivity would then be a notion that plays (speed at which the heat diffuses) in your buffer materials.

(c) and the early morning temperature will result from what has been stored, less leakage; limiting these is related to the quality of insulation and sealing).

d) for "leaks", it is the top, the glass, which plays; glass is more efficient than polycarbonates (it retains infrared); and it is the cover at night (straw hut, cardboard, thin insulation) that plays a lot because it is the most important surface and that at night, at altitude, the (invisible) radiation plays a lot. That's what he's fighting.

Perfectly agree with all this but

1. the multi-leaflet of which you speak is this well?
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produit ... 1500569446

2. Should multi leaflet be used in the construction of the trunk?
And if so where to put it
Example: is it necessary or should it be installed inside the walls?

3. here is a chest covered with its chassis (1ère layer)
If I put the multi sheet ON the chassis (so in second layer) still produces its effect?

Because if it is necessary that it is him the "first layer" it will be complicated
But from memory it seems to me that you put it on your window so in second layer too ... but I prefer to have the precision

PS - for chassis definitions (or chassis panel) and chests we will see later, as long as we understand each other is essential Image
0 x