Power reduction okofen = poorly burned granule ...

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 17:47

chatelot16 wrote:even with pure wood it makes machefer if the temperature is too high!

No, no!

Take a shot (without setting the barracks on fire): pyrolysis a piece of wood in your oven. You will see that you will have powdery gray ash, or at least extremely crumbly (like what is left in a fireplace).

This is the ultimate goal of good combustion.

All without sending too much air! (otherwise, drop in yield).

Normally, this is done in a good, well-adjusted pellet boiler operating with good pellets.

A combustion temperature is not "too high": to destroy pyralenes and other junk food, very high temperature ovens are used. The higher your temperature, the bluer your flame and the less organic compounds that escape and pollute. So we are looking for these high temperatures (hence the reason for the pellet humidity norms).

Also, is the term "clinker" really appropriate here? Machefer results from charcoal and these are the impurities it contained ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/12/10, 18:04

when I burn wood all depending on the temperature of the hearth I promise you that if the hearth is hot enough it makes clinker and not fine ash: it is wafers made by a sawmill with their lost wood, very clean, without bark!

I even tried to mix fine ash from other wood fireplaces in the wood: this fine ash melts with the rest and it just chews up!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/12/10, 01:42

with the wood-plate burner that I am making, entirely in brick, I systematically obtain the fusion of the ash and formation of clinker: the evacuation system must therefore evacuate this molten thing before solidification

Would it be possible to have more information if not too secret, on the principles of this apparently interesting high temperature concentrated burner?

Other :
On the other hand, the granule burns badly. Creation of a belt of machefer.

you should know if the granule burns badly or too well at too high a temperature ????
To my taste, like that of chatelot16, clinker, blast furnaces, full of iron, corresponds to a high temperature giving a molten residue and therefore the granulated is too strong, can be too dry???
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A2chefer
Simple test, add a few% of water to the granules, adjust, and see if the clinker disappears?

What are the combustion conditions that change between getting ash or chewing? Air intake, cooling?
Last edited by dedeleco the 25 / 12 / 10, 17: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/10, 12:03

chewing doesn't mean lots of iron ... it just means melted ash ... which has the unfortunate property of dissolving iron

in a fireplace with an iron or cast iron grate, if the temperature rises too high, this clinker quickly destroys the grate

to limit the temperature you must not accumulate too large a quantity of fuel to let the heat quickly leave by radiation ... in your case you notice precisely a large quantity of pelet in the burner ... it would be necessary to decrease the speed of pelet feeding

in my case, the hearth is made of brick or refractory concrete, and I voluntarily fill it with a layer of fairly thick wafer, the air is injected by a fairly small iron nozzle, therefore cooled by the air flow, around the temperature rises very high like a blast furnace!

this hearth does not send dust, because the hot gas of this first combustion is filtered by crossing the layer of wood accumulated above

the hot gas of this first combustion is gasifier gas which burns in large flame leaving the fuel layer

the wood traversed by this hot gas is pyrolyzed, and releases even more combustible gas: a very small flow of primary air, makes a lot of flame above

the wafers are therefore transformed into charcoal before arriving near the nozzle: hence the very high temperature

when the system is finished it will be able to destroy all kinds of waste without pollution
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/10, 15:10

this page mixes everything!

the real clinker is molten ash: the fact that the temperature was sufficient to melt it proves that the combustion is complete, and especially that all the organic products are destroyed including the worst dioxins and company ... even the mineral products pollutant are vitrified and very poorly soluble!

alas in the incineration plant industry, we also baptize chewing ash from some incineration plant: in general very badly burnt and polluting
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/12/10, 17:50

So, we must improve the wikipedia page with real clink !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/12/10, 18:40

seen as this page left there is work ...

but look at the talk page
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion:M%C3%A2chefer
Hello. Many users of wood pellets fuel have concerns about clinker after combustion. Can you explain its presence to me? Does the essence of the wood used affect you? Thank you for your response
0 x
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bedouin » 26/12/10, 09:56

Hello everybody

Just to refocus the debate, chew it up, in my Okofen pellet boiler. it is not normal. Because it causes an accumulation of pellets in the combustion plate and in addition it increases the consumption of pellets for nothing and not vice versa.

With good granules, in other years, I obtained an ultra mega fine ash.

- Either the power drop from 15 to 12 (with plugs) had an effect on the settings.
- Either the technician came to clean the beast to badly reassembled a part or left a mouthful?
- Either the granule is of poor quality.

Lapalisse could not have said it better :-)

Anyone know what the p162 calibration function is for?
If we put it at 1 we can play on the power for 20m (p163)
We can then act on p161.

??

Bedouin
0 x
The Caravan passes ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/12/10, 11:35

do you think it is the chewing formation that produces an accumulation of granules?

I rather believe the opposite! it is an accumulation of granules which raises the temperature under the pile which accumulates, and raises the temperature until the ash melts

the change of setting to reduce the power has to reduce the air flow more than the pellet flow
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/12/10, 11:41

it may seem odd to say that a too low primary air flow rate increases the temperature: it is however the case

if the primary air flow is sufficient to burn the pellet flow, the pellets burn quickly without accumulation: the hearth sends its heat by radiation and does not overheat

if the primary air flow is insufficient to burn the pellet flow, the pellets accumulate, the fire is hidden under the pellets and the temperature rises until the ash melts
0 x