Is it possible to transform an oil boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 03/04/13, 09:51

chatelot16 wrote:
why there is less ash with a pellet burner than in an ordinary wood fire: in my opinion quite simply because with ordinary wood the ash remains at the bottom, while with the pelet it leaves through the chimney

In a pellet boiler too, the vast majority of the ashes remain at the bottom (there is an ashtray).

There is less ash because in general, the combustion is better. Also because the pellets are generally reproduced with coniferous, less rich ...

I think that for the same wood burned correctly, ua final, there would be no clear difference.

[note that with wood fires, the ashes often contain a part of unburned wood, which is similar to charcoal; all this fills the ashtray ...]
0 x
Nuzi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nuzi » 03/04/13, 10:59

THE problem on the internet; is that we find everything, and its opposite; I want to say that at the end, we remain hungry; and we no longer know which feet to dance on !!! LOL

it reminds me of my question about the most economical source of energy; there were 1000 responses; but no conclusion!
electric? gas? fuel oil? wood ? pellets? coal? wind? solar?

the last message encourages "pellets"! but I was told that it makes an unpleasant noise in the long run.

in short ; I watched the video on double combustion; it is only valid for one piece and I imagine the price !!!!!!!

your answers are too technical for me; I'll wait until you all agree on the right product!
LOL like the pope's election!

the stove in a room of 20 m; it will be the furnace on the spot; and the cooler at the end of the longère 20 meters further.

have a good day
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/04/13, 11:21

it's not the pelet that make noise! that's certain boiler ... nothing prevents making boilers or silent stoves ... yes there are some who complain of very noisy pellet stove ... but I saw someone who has a perfectly silent ... oddly the brand was not clearly visible so I can not even say which brand it was

we cannot simply compare the price of fuel and solar ... the sun is free but the material is not: it is therefore the time it takes to amortize the material that makes the price per KWh. .. suddenly the price per KWh is completely variable

with fuel and electricity we can almost neglect the price of the boiler and radiator and count only the price of energy, and it's simple there is the fuel, then 2 times cheaper the pelet, and again 2 times cheaper wood chips

so in my house it is mostly wood ... and loose wood when there is

the disadvantage of the wafer is that it takes 2 times more volume than the pelet ... so you need a bigger silo, and the transport is more complicated, the blowing works badly ... you need more screws big ... it is delivered by dump truck, not by blowing: my solution is a silo in waterproof sheet metal outside

the wood in logs is more difficult to compare because the prices and the qaulity are very variable: it is especially interesting for the one who cuts himself and does not count his time
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 03/04/13, 12:08

nouzi wrote:the stove in a room of 20 m; it will be the furnace on the spot; and the cooler at the end of the longère 20 meters further.

Unlikely to be too hot near the cooker / boiler.
In fact, the heat will move towards the colder and higher places.
The real problem will be the cold air blade (30 to 80 cm high) of
the displaced air which will return to the heating point.
D or the interest of the boiler function which allows to place
radiators further to avoid this annoyance and better distribute the heat.
But as you are a vegetarian, a simple wood boiler should
suffice.
http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/455678966.htm?ca=1_s

Otherwise in simpler, as indicated I do not know who, there is
the mass stove. In homemade manufacturing it is not expensive but
it takes up space.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/04/13, 12:21

So is life !!!

1) If only one "ideal" solution existed, it would know!

And 90% of people would adopt it (there would be 10% fools, originals, those who are always against it, etc ...).

2) So if you don't get a "hard" response, that's okay.

3) If you wait for an answer on the internet, it's even worse ... Because, in addition to the above points, the fact that a certain number of forumeurs, benefiting from the anonymity of their pseudo, let off steam, exaggerate, show autism (their solution is obviously the only valid one or their problem is obviously a scandal which must be dealt with in justice!). There are even trollers!

4) At best, you will be able to collect a sum of information, and by sorting, reflecting on your situation, you will find "YOUR" solution.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 03/04/13, 23:15

Good evening,

I will repeat myself again, but the first solution not to need to heat is ISOLER ...

an ITE (external insulation) in straw for example gives the advantage of the price and the mass effect, especially on stone walls or concrete blocks ...

The heating is there to compensate for the lack of insulation ....

Skipping the base will mean that all the expenses incurred in heating will never be really profitable ... except for hot water of course ....

now everyone sees noon at their door;) ...

Did67 if you reread my message on the fouling of boilers I say that the ashes are not solely responsible for the fouling, but hey .... that there are ashes that fly it makes sense I am 100% of agreements, that they are deposited suddenly I am also completely in agreements, on the other hand that on its own it fouls a system there I am more skeptical or even see no agreements;) ...
But actually I can't prove it yet.

In short, in the end, which is more of an agreement on the following point: whether it is the pellet or the chips (dry or -10% humidity too, otherwise the amount of extractable energy drops in a way that can be vertiginous , and therefore the quantity to be burned increases by the same amount for the same quantity of energy produced), the combustion will always be better than for wood logs seen that the pieces are small and that suddenly managing the necessary quantity of air is more "simple", and the additional air therefore reduces less pollution etc etc ...
In a mass stove it is the same way small pieces of wood 5 cm in diameter are burned (8 max maxi), for the same reasons ....

As the rabbit said in self-construction, a mass stove can come back inexpensively with a few calculations and a few hours of construction ...

The next thing is to define your budget and your needs.

But think isolation :) , this is the keystone of comfort in a home .... the heating then passes and will be calculated according to the insulation used ... advantage of the insulation once it is done it n 'y no superfluous expense for heating ....

A small example I redid the insulation of the longère of a friend there are 2 aces now, wadding on 25 cm under in the crawling, hemp and lime on the walls below, it heats the whole house with a small pellet stove 3-7kw, they have passed 1 pallet last year and the view that it hard it will be a pallet and a half about heating to 22 ° c (toddler arrived last year) ... the longère is 18 m long on 2 floors;), 50 cm stone walls located in northern Brittany ... without heating the house the temperature drop is 3 degrees per 24 hours app in winter with peaks at 0 ° c / -1 ° c overnight (I saw this thing again this year) ...
0 x
Nuzi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nuzi » 04/04/13, 10:27

how much will exterior insulation cost in bales of straw?
the only nice thing in this farmhouse is the very recent renovation of the walls.
I would end up having walls of 90 cm and more!
I looked for mass stove heating; it's too bulky; and when you don't know how to do it yourself, it's very expensive too.

considering my age; nor do I want to incur expenses that will never be written off.

as for aid, it has dropped so much; and binding that it is no longer interesting.
a craftsman or a pro will ask for more (than the help of a friend); and state aid, will just compensate for the difference in invoice.
I hope to have expressed myself well.

the price of the house, took into account central heating; I will therefore leave the system in place (even) without use; for a possible resale.

maybe I should change the insert for a more efficient one?
I could sleep in the living room in winter; and the house will remain in (frost free).

certainly no comfort; but I have to do with my financial means.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 04/04/13, 18:13

Good evening,

Nouzi, you can in this case imagine putting a stove (or a boiler stove) in the living room and sending heat in one or two radiators in addition to having direct radiation from the fireplace.

it remains reasonable as an investment, or ask a neighbor to wrap copper around a turbo deum type stove not too expensive suddenly, and make a boiling stove (in one of the links I provided before there is an example that could not be more simple and functional).

Christophe also to modify are turbo deum ...

And with regard to the oil burner, the modification to increase its efficiency is also very simple and to detail so this same neighbor could perhaps also do it?
Now actually you have to find the neighbor ... or the plumber who is doing this to you on a Saturday or a Sunday;) ...
0 x
Nuzi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nuzi » 04/04/13, 18:40

in lower Normandy; in the ornate, you can dig your mouth wide open; that no NEIGHBOR will come to your rescue !!! LOL

maybe by putting the stove / boiler in a room, I could connect to the arrival - departure of the radiator of this room to supply the other radiators of the house?

I go back to see your links, I must have forgotten one.
thanks for your help
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 04/04/13, 20:00

I do not know the layout of your house, but if you have a way to heat the living room for example with a boiler stove (although I repeat that it is better to privilege a higher output possible in order to make the most of the heat capacity wood that will be burned), and to send with a simple water circulation pump in a radiator upstairs (bedroom for example), it would probably be better.

Water circulation level I am far from the best advice here, but I know it is absolutely possible (maybe even in thermosiphon = without water circulator), and opt for an open expansion tank for example as in the subject provided;) ...
0 x