Insulation slab concrete crawlspace under on face

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
jamesdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jamesdo » 04/09/12, 17:22

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/09/12, 19:41

Without going too far (we did not talk about the roof .... Habitable roof spaces or technical vacuum of the non-insulated or already insulated galetas type ...?) I would say that it is worth going into façade insulation, especially if you have not yet changed your windows into PVC-argon double windows ...!

Because the heating economy will pay for the work in two or three seasons ...

While not doing them, we freeze them .... And the heating budget goes up in smoke! My neighbor didn't do it, he had an oil boiler of barely twenty years old at 25 € which was already slamming on all sides! Results, he still has to do the work ... Change the boiler ... It costs him a bowl, and next winter rebelotte ... another 000 roros of fuel that will go up in smoke .... Now he bites his fingers for not having done the work that I advised him then, because now for sure he really can no longer afford ...!

Mebon, you have to do the façade insulation yourself. Some are made, it is achievable for a good handyman. There is a thread or two on this for the facade insulation, with photos and even links to external sites of those who did the work themselves ...
0 x
jamesdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jamesdo » 04/09/12, 20:36

thank you really obamot, you opened my eyes!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/09/12, 22:03

jamesdo wrote:[..] For a thickness of insulation of 10cm and a simple implementation (by myself) for a low price and about 50m² of surface, which materials and implementation do you recommend?

subsidiary question: is it possible to spray cellulose wadding under a horizontal surface?

For the subsidiary question, it's no!
Not completely categorical, because someone who has a good command of the projected wet wadding could try (I mean try) to make a projection by 2 to 3 cm thick by allowing to dry well each time, then start again by praying that everything does not come down ...

You can put cotton wool under a ceiling, but you have to create a structure to hold it, a box that you will fill under pressure ... A little complicated and far too expensive in your case, but doable when you want to put 30 cm for example!

Materials and implementation: wood fiber panel attached to the dowel ...
Cost of materials: by rummaging well, you should find around 8 € / m2 for 10 cm, plus about 1 € / m2 of screws.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jamesdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jamesdo » 05/09/12, 07:54

Thank you Bucheron for this information.
0 x