Installation of a boiler stove on a boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 02/03/12, 12:58

Hello everyone,

I had planted myself in the diagram of case 2.
I have corrected the return branch to the buffer tank which must not pass through the VT valve.

Otherwise for the problem mentioned in my previous messages you have the solution in your proposals.

Philippe
I also saw valves coupled to the circulators, so when the circulator stops, the circuit is locked.

Plop
Why does the zone valve go on the radiator return and not on the start?

Below is the principle of the V4V and the explanation of possible internal circulation even in the fully closed position.

With the valve in the closed position, it can be seen that if free circulation on the heating circuit side is not a problem, however it is one on the boiler / buffer circuit side.

Below is the block diagram that represents my installation.

This is generally how my installation works:

If the zone valve in oil boiler mode, operation is conventional.

If the zone valve is in wood / buffer tank mode, the circulation in the oil boiler and therefore the return of the 4V valve is cut off.
The return water from the heating circuit returns directly to the tapon tank and / or to the wood boiler.
This is better for stratification and there is no more parasitic circulation possible when C2 is on and the need for heating to zero (V4V closed).
There, it's as simple as that.

A+

Gérald
0 x
Plop
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Plop » 02/03/12, 18:34

Yes it is a kind of big bypass? : Cheesy:
But what was wrong with you when you say parasitic circulation? water was having trouble feeding your radiators?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 02/03/12, 19:05

So, if the VZ valve is on wood, the 4-way valve does not work? And the balloon / wood boiler selection also seems random to me. Am I wrong?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 02/03/12, 23:29

Okay, you don't seem convinced : Mrgreen:

Philippe, what are you talking about?

I resume the simulation of case N ° 2:
The installation works in wood / buffer mode because the wood boiler is on.
Your home has arrived at the right temperature, the 4-way valve closes, controlled by the heating control and your boiler continues to burn.
In principle, the buffer tank should then charge and absorb the power release.
Circulation will be established in the circuit towards the valve, as in the sketch below.
What do you think is going to happen quickly?

0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 03/03/12, 08:09

Here is the simulation of the same scenario as that described above but with my conficuration. This operation has been verified on my installation.
If the mixing valve closes, the circulation of water is necessarily towards the buffer tank (would work equally well with or without recycling loop)

A+
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 03/03/12, 08:17

oh sorry it is motorized, ok I understand better. However, it is possible that the wood boiler will charge the tank even when there is a heating demand. question of balance between the two circulators. Am i good?
0 x
Plop
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Plop » 03/03/12, 09:05

Ben in the "parasitic circulation" diagram the water will tend to return directly to the stove and overheat?
While in your installation you facilitate the return of water directly into the balloon?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 03/03/12, 09:33

For Philippe:
Yes, the position of the mixing valve and the power released by the wood boiler determine the loading or drawing of the buffer tank if heating is required.

For Plop:
The risk is overheating.

Well, there you have it.
So converted? There's just : Cheesy:

As a gift a small photo of the heating flow
At the bottom towards the oil boiler and at the top left towards the wood / balloon boiler insert, at the top right towards the radiator circuit return flow.

0 x
Plop
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Plop » 03/03/12, 10:16

Yes there is more than as you say! : Mrgreen:
I'm still missing a few pieces but when I have everything I start!
I still have a small question, how does circuit A or circuit B switch? with a temperature probe placed near your insert?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 03/03/12, 10:55

I see that the zone valve AB is motorized too. I guess depending on the temperature at the outlet of the balloon?

Yes, I like the circuit well. I hadn't thought of using the 4-way mixing valve as well.

The 2 non-return valves are used for what? did you have a thermosiphon?
0 x