Change my oil boiler against a wooden logs boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 28/07/11, 14:25

@julnoel

1) Do you already have the fuel boiler? And if so, enough space?

In this case, I advise you to keep it: health problem (I had a heart attack at the beginning of March, that does not prevent!), Prolonged absence with the need to put the house out of freezing ... It can be useful to have a fully automatic relay system. On resale, it is not worth much (when I changed to my pellet boiler, I sold out a "low temperature" fuel oil viessmann that was working; it went to Emmaüs; unsaleable even for 500 €).

2) Without advertising especially (although I think it is an excellent boiler), I suggest you take a look at the last pages, with connection diagrams, with a "fuel" boiler in relay, a buffer, a calorifier hot water, two heating circuits ...

http://www.froeling.com/images/stories/ ... rbo_FR.pdf

3) Otherwise, in your "plug and play" approach, beware of cold returns: without a particular device (sometimes called a "thermovar" - it is a kit - and symbolized in the diagram below by the valve and the "by-" pass "just before the boiler S4), your boiler will quickly die because it will operate at too low a temperature too often. So condensations of the fumes (below about 60 °), which together with the gases, will form a corrosive "juice" ... The risk: in a few years, your boiler is broken.

With the device in queston, the heating circulator turns the water on in a closed loop as long as the boiler has not reached 60 °. The water in the boiler "does not move". It heats up very quickly and the 60 ° is reached quickly. No more condensation. Then, and only then, part of the hot water from the boiler is taken and added to this loop ... As soon as the fire lowers, the loop closes again ...

At this point, the water in the heating circuit cools down quite quickly and "turns for nothing" ...

When there is the stamp:

idem, hot water does not leave the boiler until it has exceeded 60 °; it goes partly in the heating circuit, the rest goes in the buffer.

if you have made a sufficient outbreak (question of calculating the size of the hearth and the size of the tampon), at the end of the outbreak, your tampon is warm to the top (e.g. 75/80 °) ...

the "thermovar" also closes ...

the heating circuit continues to heat because now, the heating circulator will prick the calories in the buffer ... The ciruclation is done between the heating circuit and the buffer ...

4) What do you currently have as a heating "circuit head": a circulator? a motorized 3-way valve or not?

Depending on the case, part of what is represented already exists.

It is likely that there is already a "cold backflow" protection, but maybe in the boiler ???

Otherwise, the "systems" you see in the diagram are all available in kits: a boiler + a "thermovar" + a motorized three-valve regulation kit ...

Again, without ads, just to show you:

http://www.esc-grossiste.fr/boutique/ba ... mador.html

So it's not "plug and play" but almost: you have to connect a few "modules" ...

Well, I'm afraid of getting you drunk, considering the reaction. So I'll let you meditate on that and maybe educate you.
0 x