Solar Air: find a fan with a thermostat

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 23/06/09, 22:23

not bad these tests.

for painting a guy on a forum did calorie capture tests with different paints.

here it is
http://forums.futura-sciences.com/attachments/habitat-bioclimatique-isolation-chauffage/37875d1201125843-capteurs-a-air-test-de-captage24-10.pdf
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 24/06/09, 13:37

Small reflection using no waste.

If you cut your can and put them in an empty plastic bottle. Does it work?

You build a transparent plastic tube that is from a stacked bottle waste and you introduce into this tube a tube of opened seed can.

Would not that make you happy by collecting waste?
0 x
davio
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davio » 24/06/09, 20:23

interesting the test of paintings.

PVC will yellow and warp,
I would do a test with several cans stacked with and without windows to make a very clear difference, I would not put film in front of the window when they are in the sensor, the window will close to the outside.
The film is used to make a comparison without the heat can get out otherwise, with a little bit of kisses tests completely false.

I do this because I think that the complete absoption of the rays is not done at 100% and therefore that the reflectivity that is done must recover to improve the yield.

the window captures the side rays of morning and evening ...

But I have to build now,

See you.
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 24/06/09, 22:29

Today, I am very disappointed.

I received my 5w panel and my 12DC pc fan.

I connected the panel clamps to the fan.

Black wire -> black clamp
Red wire -> red clamp

No effect the fan does not turn.

The panel seems to work blue led flashing for 2 minutes.
The fan is new 12DC 27ampere

it does not work aaaaahhhhh
: Evil:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 24/06/09, 23:06

12 V 27 A? That makes 324W! A solar panel of 5W (0,42A under 12V) will never be able to turn it ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Heliobabale
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Heliobabale » 25/06/09, 04:52

owen wrote:not bad these tests.

for painting a guy on a forum did calorie capture tests with different paints.

here it is
http://forums.futura-sciences.com/attachments/habitat-bioclimatique-isolation-chauffage/37875d1201125843-capteurs-a-air-test-de-captage24-10.pdf

Hi Owen, this is my first post here.

There is Thurmalox selective paint which is sold to you in Europe. Here I will probably order Solkote for my bobbin catcher. I think it's worth it for the three or four degrees gained on black "barbecue" paints and also to make sure the paint won't turn powdery after a few years.

Right now, I'm still sticking cans and it's not very advanced, but I'm not discouraged. :-)

Greetings to other readers and passionate contributors too!
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 25/06/09, 09:15

Small ex-oceanic rectification 12V 0,27A. But it still does not work.

Hi new, I did not finish my panel either. I do not get discouraged either.

I admit that it is tedious and long to do with cans. :?

I absolutely want to test this thing and check that it's functional. :?:

But at the moment it is the solar fan and the 5w panel that breaks my feet.
0 x
TAMATA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by TAMATA » 25/06/09, 10:14

Hi Owen!

I went yesterday for natural insulation, the presentation was very well done was mainly on the roof insulation and it is completed very late. I have to go to the dealer for additional info on the insulation of the panel because it was outside the scope of the discussions.

For your solar panel (I guess you bought it on this site), I see it has a peak power of 5W. Which means that in the best possible conditions, it will deliver you this power and therefore in a labs of very short time. On the output of your panel if you place a voltmeter you will have 12-13v but the power it will be able to charge will not be strong enough to operate your fan.
Your fan has a power of 5w in operation, but the power needed to start is more important among other things, to put the moving parts in motion.

I think if you want to use your system you will have to put an electronic control and a battery. This is also what the site advises.

At first, place your fan on a battery to do the tests and you can already determine if your fan is powerful enough to have a correct air flow.
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 25/06/09, 12:25

Oh, grime, I wanted to avoid all that.

Battery and regulator.

I'm surprised about the fana on you tube there are plenty of guys running a 12 DC fan with a less powerful solar panel. Is there anything to ask questions?
0 x
Heliobabale
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Heliobabale » 25/06/09, 17:33

owen wrote:Oh, grime, I wanted to avoid all that.

Battery and regulator.

I'm surprised about the fana on you tube there are plenty of guys running a 12 DC fan with a less powerful solar panel. Is there anything to ask questions?

It piqued my curiosity about your history of engine and solar panel.

I searched on Google a PC fan pulling 100 cubic feet minute (170 cubic meters / hour) equivalent in the capacity of the Cansolair panel fan equipped with its 35W AC bathroom fan.

I found three models of engines that might interest you if you make a panel of about 2.5m squares. (addresses sent by private message) There is one that exceeds the capacity of your photovoltaic sensor, but it seems quieter and of better quality than the other two.
Last edited by Heliobabale the 25 / 06 / 09, 23: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x