of electricity producer exercise bike

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

note on real problem the low pedaling speed

by dedeleco » 03/02/10, 15:38

"The real problem seems to be the low pedaling speed"
is correct, but if we are looking for a simple and very inexpensive solution, without looking for maximum performance, we can increase this speed with a belt passing from a large pulley (like the rear rim of a bicycle without a tire) to a small pulley on the dynamo or alternator. The only small difficulty is a wooden support for the bicycle with the dynamo and its small pulley with a strap (a good rope works but wears out quickly).
Likewise with a wind turbine which turns a bicycle rim and a belt towards the dynamo with a small pulley!
The bicycle lighting dynamo has the same problem solved by rubbing its pulley on the tire to multiply the rotation speed by the diameter ratio, ie 75 / 1cm !!
With a belt we will have a better performance, the only difficulty is to tighten the belt. Car alternators are also driven by tight belts and they work well.
The huge wind turbines also have very noisy speed multiplier gears (and also regulator), given their power.
We can even recover a small car gearbox for high power, but the multiplication remains quite low.
If we are not looking for a maximum yield, but a minimum price, the recovery of the key scrap-pieces: dynamo or alternator, pulleys, belts, gearbox, brushcutter gears and even dead airplane propeller, makes it possible to make a realization a little tinkering but functional without being at the maximum of output.
Finally if you want to complicate life you can rewind with a fine wire the alternator by increasing the number of turns of the winding to have a high voltage at low speed. This remains easier than building the entire carcass with iron and magnets.
It is simpler to increase the size of the propeller because anything in the wind undergoes forces and therefore will turn more or less easily and therefore a wooden propeller cut in a tree trunk will work for a low price .
It already works with a bicycle lighting alternator and will therefore work with a dynamo or recovery alternator.
Finally the site http://www.alxion.com/
sells beautiful high quality alternators with high efficiency with a price corresponding to the quality.
My point is that with recovery we can have initial results for the price of a few pieces of wood provided that we have more space.
Finally, I don't have a house with enough wind (except during a storm in late 1999) to get started and pedal to light up walking very well at night by climbing the hill 200m by bike to keep in shape and not to age.
The electric bike is expensive and is not optimal for staying in shape. Converting it into a battery charger is possible; in particular when descending the hills, we recover the energy of pedaling the uphill climb without assistance! Thus, without any tinkering, by doing sports, each climb, you charge a battery with an electric bike down the hill instead of braking. But it is very expensive compared to the zero price of the material thrown in the scrap yard with the scrapping premium.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 10/02/10, 15:43

blixite wrote:
former oceanic wrote:
Hello it's basically the power developed by an average cyclist. A trained cyclist climbs to 250W, the pros more.

Oh ok.
It could be interesting where this mysterious number comes out and how it was evaluated. If this is the 250 w was obtained experimentally taking into account everything from "the whole chain". 100w would be the final output.
Otherwise I find 100 wc 'is not bad, I see the lamp of my aquarium it is 15w.

Hi ex-océano

my TV is 22W
(35cm diag, and it's not a led or an oled)

my laptop not much more

my spot 1.4 W, 5W real

bye
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 11/02/10, 20:16

It's good to have devices that consume little because it allows you to switch to renewable energies.

The transition is there. Large, greedy appliances involve the maintenance of large energy production units.
Energy-efficient devices allow better use of local and individual renewable energies and therefore partially - or totally - get rid of large energy producers.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Exercise bike producing electricity

by hic » 01/04/10, 16:21

the Egyptian wrote:Hello everyone
by dint of not finding one ends up asked, so voila
know a city where you talk about a bike that can produce electricity, to power a living room lamp or other.
The ideal would be with a battery for example to spend the evening only with.
to make it even, if a good soul has the plan well detailed, I must say that the level on this forum impresses me and it's not worth telling me anything tricky for the moment.
finally your opinion is valid and possible to implement.
thank you for your answers.

Hi Egyptian
it just has to wait a bit :-)

http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/news/ ... ble_23239/
goodbye Hic
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
michel avignon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by michel avignon » 20/04/10, 09:32

Hic wrote:
the Egyptian wrote:Hello everyone
by dint of not finding one ends up asked, so voila
know a city where you talk about a bike that can produce electricity, to power a living room lamp or other.
The ideal would be with a battery for example to spend the evening only with.
to make it even, if a good soul has the plan well detailed, I must say that the level on this forum impresses me and it's not worth telling me anything tricky for the moment.
finally your opinion is valid and possible to implement.
thank you for your answers.

Hi Egyptian
it just has to wait a bit:

Hello
I'm trying out an exercise bike
which drives a Magneto with permanent double acting magnets 300 350 tmn 24 V 3 A
soon more information
See my other blog
Caravan and other lighting, where I use compact fluorescent lamps 24 V DC in 20 WE 27
or my different messages either on
Drum washing machine with paddle wheel
or Manufacture of a bucket wheel with a reel
or Photos small wind turbine

Michel Avignon
0 x
michel avignon handyman
michel avignon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by michel avignon » 20/04/10, 10:16

Hello
The difference and
1 these a Magneto with double effect permanent magnet and not an alternator
dou a better return
2 low rotation 300 to 350 rpm possibility of using it on a paddle wheel
3 easy to do

Michel Avignon
PS a magneto has always provided the alternative as well as the direct current generator manufactured from alternating, and thanks to its collector the rederesse in pulsed current mono direction and yes and the same the dynamo of bicycle and an alternator with permanent magnet? ??
0 x
michel avignon handyman
evka1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

bicycle generator electricity

by evka1 » 14/11/10, 19:50

Hello,
I'm looking to buy an electricity generator bike. Can we find them somewhere? Preferably in Belgium, but also elsewhere.
Unfortunately, I do not tinker myself.
Evka
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/11/10, 22:00

Basic solution:
To avoid tinkering, look for an electric bike with energy recovery during braking and downhill. (on Google)
Once found this rare and very ecological pearl, use it to climb, without assistance to the strength of your thighs (exercise very good for health), a beautiful hill of 200m drop at 5 to 10% slope and after lower it with assistance which recharges the battery for sure, and without tinkering !!

You can also fake the bike so that it thinks it is going downhill when you pedal (reverse or jam the freewheel so that when pedaling in the opposite direction you recharge like a bike going downhill !!) with a little bit of DIY .
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 17/11/10, 11:11

dedeleco wrote:You can also fake the bike so that it thinks it is going downhill when you pedal (reverse or jam the freewheel so that when pedaling in the opposite direction you recharge as for a downhill bike !!) with a little DIY.

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: excellent! Image
0 x
Click my signature