Energy policy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 05/07/13, 22:29

chatelot16 wrote:what I do not understand: it is that it should have passed the critics through other voices of the ecological party, which are there for that!

For that, you need a neuron. The ministers we have are whelks.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/07/13, 23:15

Sen-no-sen, you write:
The phenomenon being retro-acting, it acquires a power proportional to its use, hence its totalitarian and "totalizing" form that we can see for several decades ...

The struggle for dominance certainly explains many things, and I am also an attentive reader of Henri Laborit, however ...
Consider the projection that was made Darwin from his socio-historical context on animal societies and which led him to his theories on natural selection by competition (which were then used to justify the naturalness of social inequality!), theories which are blind to all the processes of intra and inter-specific cooperation.
Can we not legitimately wonder about the focus of H. Laborit on dominance, the main feature of the scientific micro-society in which he developed his own theories? Can we not also think that the interactions between humans, all necessary as they may be, could be directed towards the logical need for recognition instead of pouring into what would be its pathological form, the need for dominance?

A small example of these struggles for domination is the ousting of D. Batho from his post.
Fortunately, this is very unimportant for ecology which is not concerned.
What could ecology mean for a government obsessed with "job creation" and "growth" if not a decorative foil?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/07/13, 00:40

environmentalists could make it clear that the world has more than one dimenson! the choice to make is not to increase or decrease

what must be done is both to increase what is useful and to decrease what is harmful and wasteful

there is so much waste in the current world, that one can progress without global growth!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 07/07/13, 08:47

Ahmed wrote:If the economy is synonymous with infinite development, it is not by virtue of a postulate that I will have formulated, but by a simple observation.

This observation is based on the use made of it today.
There are others.
If the economy were based on the exchange of a finite resource (let's take gold, since it has already been used for this purpose), we could not buy more than what we have.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/07/13, 09:14

Waste is an integral part of the functioning of the economy to such an extent that it is an essential condition for it.
The overproduction crisis that we are experiencing is linked to the increase in productivity and the joint decrease in the wage bill.
In addition, the economy recognizes as "useful" only the solvent needs ... Due to growing inequality, only what is useless can grow significantly.

@ Bamboo:
An observation takes into account the facts, I suppose you mean that there are other possibilities.
You write:
If the economy were based on the exchange of a finite resource ..., ... we could not buy more than what we have.

Your remark is very correct and it is for this reason that credit was essential for the development of the economy: at first it allowed to anticipate future gains which otherwise would never have happened, secondly, the new decrease in profitability has led to the use of debt that will never be repaid (since it is the loan that now bailed out this decrease): this is the current situation.

The goal of capitalist economy (for me a pleonasm), whether private or state, is that a sum invested at the start is found at the end of a process increased by a gain: this simple consideration excluded the fixism you offer.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 07/07/13, 12:31

Ahmed wrote:What could ecology mean for a government obsessed with "job creation" and "growth" if not a decorative foil?

Our dear government is in no way "obsessed" with job creation and growth: its representatives only talk about it in their speeches because the population would like to have a job and therefore money.

The government also talks about ecology, with the traditional empty words ("sustainable", etc.) because it attracts voters sensitive to the subject.

In both cases, the policy followed is exactly the opposite of the discourse held: destruction of jobs, growth, freedom, and the environment.

Any serious thought about anything would reveal the stupidity of the policies followed, and is therefore carefully discarded ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/07/13, 13:10

Of course, it is at the level of his speech that his "obsession" is located, for the rest they hardly have any illusions, too busy arousing them in others ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/07/13, 19:22

According to F. Nicolino, Philippe Martin is fundamentally hostile to shale gas and GMOs; it will be interesting to observe how his convictions can coexist with the role he will have to play within the framework of his function ... Hum! Image
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/07/13, 20:36

tonight on the 7 at 20:40 pm: Gasland, documentary on shale gas
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/07/13, 21:24

Ahmed wrote:According to F. Nicolino, Philippe Martin is fundamentally hostile to shale gas and GMOs; it will be interesting to observe how his convictions can coexist with the role he will have to play within the framework of his function ... Hum! Image

effectively...

Since BATHO has basically been fired to be hostile to GdS + Nuclear and to have a fairly coherent idea of ​​what the energy transition should be
0 x