New hydraulic turbine technology

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: hydraulic turbine technology

by izentrop » 27/06/19, 08:06

makadam24 wrote:Well at least I can get an opinion of this type of device, which, when you are a neophyte like me, can appear miraculous.
I also contacted the company that markets this product, and in view of the characteristics of my site this should coincide with the smallest of the turbines (mini 0,5 l / s).
Problem is that the device can not be sold without the inverter, and therefore costs between 2 and 000 € without shipping costs (exported from Miami).
Is it going to be expensive Wh nan?
It is even more of a scam, because the voltage produced is not indicated and a voltage converter of less than 10 W does not cost as much.
I can well imagine the guy on the beach, on his deckchair patiently waiting for the pigeon to bite the hook. : Mrgreen:

In fact for the kaplan, 3 kW is for around 70l / s ... 0.5 l / s second is really not enough. I will rather see a buried conduit or you would partially empty and on command the upper basin, to reach a sufficient flow : Wink:
Attachments
kaplan.gif
kaplan.gif (31.15 KB) Viewed 2913 times
1 x
makadam24
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by makadam24 » 27/06/19, 11:24

izentrop wrote:
makadam24 wrote:Well at least I can get an opinion of this type of device, which, when you are a neophyte like me, can appear miraculous.
I also contacted the company that markets this product, and in view of the characteristics of my site this should coincide with the smallest of the turbines (mini 0,5 l / s).
Problem is that the device can not be sold without the inverter, and therefore costs between 2 and 000 € without shipping costs (exported from Miami).
Is it going to be expensive Wh nan?
It is even more of a scam, because the voltage produced is not indicated and a voltage converter of less than 10 W does not cost as much.
I can well imagine the guy on the beach, on his deckchair patiently waiting for the pigeon to bite the hook. : Mrgreen:

In fact for the kaplan, 3 kW is for around 70l / s ... 0.5 l / s second is really not enough. I will rather see a buried conduit or you would partially empty and on command the upper basin, to reach a sufficient flow : Wink:

There is already a process for emptying the body of water: "a drain valve" I believe that is the term.
But I never tried to activate it.
I do not know how this drain works, or where the water flows.
If it goes through the overflow drain nozzle, this could be a solution.

Thanks for your return.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 27/06/19, 13:42

No need to search too much, the ponds are most often designed on the same plan, and the drain valve is probably in the same place as the overflow (this work is called a "monk" in my region).
You can actually drill a hole of adequate size in this shovel (usually in wood), one meter for example below the surface of the water, and place a pipe fitted with a valve feeding a small Kaplan turbine of 500 or 1000 W. By extending the turbine with a 3 m discharge pipe, you will always have your 4 meters in elevation, but with a much larger adjustable flow rate, corresponding to your needs.

Disadvantage, or rather limits of this assembly: you will be able to consume only the volume of water constituted by the first meter of the pond, and it will be necessary to wait a long time for it to reconstitute. But it is suitable if your needs are only punctual and not too frequent ...

Basically, you go from a "run-of-river plant" to a "dam plant", operating by locks. Above all, you get the advantage of having equipment directly available on the market (for approximately 1 to 2 thousand euros).
0 x