Windmill production with auto alternator?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/06/11, 19:57

Read carefully:
http://max10.hosteur.com/~ebonys28/ebon ... ateurs.htm
which are in the 14 pages indicated by Christophe, all to read with great care, with wikipedia pages, to learn and locate, otherwise the alternator will have its moods, unless the wind turbine is very superpowered compared to the alternator to tame it like a car engine (several KW)!
Otherwise, you have to tamper with the regulator, after learning a minimum of electricity and electronics and thinking about how it works !!
0 x
val.du.12@hotmail.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val.du.12@hotmail.fr » 29/06/11, 22:12

hello can tell me aproximately the diameter and the number of blade so that there is enough power I think 4 pale because according to my test 4 pale turns by the slightest breeze and has an average speed of 100 rpm which is makes a multiplication of about 1 / 15 to about 1500 / rpm. I think it's feasible because I saw it on the internet. THANK YOU
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 30/06/11, 08:58

The subject of building a wind turbine from a car alternator is recurrent!
... and we are very numerous to have embarked on the adventure and to have dropped in view of the complex changes to be made to the alternator.

The trap comes from the fact that an alternator is the typical object of electricity production known to the general public, and that there are alternators everywhere almost free (car-breaker, car mechanic, car wreck that hangs, etc.). .)

I come to ask myself a simple question:

Is there a common and easy-to-get item that can be used as a simple basis for generating electricity with a wind turbine? (drill, washing machine motor, lawn mower, blower, wiper motor, electric windows, ......)

(A small comparative advantage / inconvenience to make a dynamo with each of its objects easy to find would be interesting).

To return to the manufacture of the wind turbine, I recovered a very practical support to fix the pale made in gray PVC tube (cheap and several sizes): a foot of office stool. There are always rubbish, metal or plastic. It's very solid and very easy to use.

In general there are 5 feet and it is just necessary to choose the profile of pale: wide at the center and tapered at the ends (speed of rotation faster), or the opposite (slower but more torque).

Here is a small wind turbine manufactured with a foot of stool and pale PVC tube. It runs very regularly, almost 24h / 24 and very regularly (more than fix the dynamo!).
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
val.du.12@hotmail.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val.du.12@hotmail.fr » 01/07/11, 12:05

hello I'm going to hang on the manufacture of a alternator has permanent magnets of this style but I have questions:
http://www.imagup.com/img/bidouille23/537017.html

Can we put less coil (ex 6or 3) for the same number of magnet? what will happen to you (less power output low speed)? or less magnet for the same coil number? What is going on ?

How loving are you powerful enough?
http://www.supermagnete.fr/S-20-03-N or this
http://www.supermagnete.fr/S-20-10-N

thank you and I would like you to misrepresent the manufacture of a permanent magnets alternator in 12v from a power of about 70 to 110 wa low speed less than 200 lap minute.
Do you think it's feasible?
do not hesitate to give advice MERCI

ps: I ask myself the same question as grelinette
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/07/11, 15:14

put less coil (ex 6or 3) for the same number of magnet ...
thank you and I would like you to misrepresent the manufacture of a permanent magnets alternator in 12v from a power of about 70 to 110 wa low speed less than 200 lap minute.

for that frequency? if 50Hertz, single-phase or three-phase ??

Read all about econology and google links and the calculations shown with the basic physics links I gave !!

200tours per minute gives 200 / 60 = 3,3 turns / second; Or 50 Hertz or 50 oscillations per second, forces 50 times a second a pair of magnets in opposite directions passing on the same coil and therefore in front of a single fixed coil, it is necessary 50 / 3,33 = 15 pairs of magnets passing each turn and so it takes 2x15 = 30 alternating magnets per turn on the periphery to give 50hertz on a reel !!
it is therefore a minimum.

In three-phase 3 coils are required to pass the same magnets with an oscillation 1 / 3 offset.
Since the coils are very roughly the size of the magnets, they must be arranged by triplet around the periphery, adjusting the size and shape to have as much as possible a beautiful sinusoid on each phase (not obvious, if you are demanding).
So roughly it takes a number of coils a little lower than that of 30 magnets, 7 8 or 9 triplets of coils to adjust to have the best sinusoid on each phase.

By measuring the signal on a coil of magnets one can on computer calculate the best choice by adding the induced voltages !!

If you do not care about the three-phase and the quality of the sine (fixed by the size and shape of the coil with respect to the magnets), you can put only a reel which sees the 30 alternating magnets passing (but you will have vibrations if you ask for power by non mechanical balancing) !!

The induced voltage is proportional to the speed of the magnets and considering the 50Hertz, the more you turn slowly, the bigger the diameter and the number of magnets must be !!

So you better understand carefully the achievements that work on the internet, often at higher speeds, before innovating, and having an oscilloscope (or cheap card on PC) to see the induced voltages and to calculate with.

Otherwise you will have surprises.

take the thickest magnet because otherwise you will have less magnetic field and the coils must pass closest to the magnet !!
1 mm you lose half in strength (square of field) and 30% in field.
It is written :
Whoa!
Surely the best ratio 'magnetic power' / price in euros of our assortment! Powerful, super powerful, mega powerful! and very cheap. (Such prices are on the verge of indecency.)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/07/11, 15:31

You have the cheap LED lamp dynamos that charge with a crank !!
Good for small low power wind and lighting a whole day with a bigger battery replacing the small one of the lamp !!

See if there are any more powerful lamps.

The bike dynamo is similar to magnets.
Those of motorcycle or scooter are to watch, if they are with permanent magnets ?????
But still at high speed of rotation.

The motors are often asynchronous in 220V and therefore never dynamo.

The old ones of wiper could walk, but yield to see !!
Almost all brooms require an excitation of the stator which must be assured independently, and also often require high speeds of rotation !!
0 x
val.du.12@hotmail.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val.du.12@hotmail.fr » 01/07/11, 16:17

hello is thank you for this answer this magnet convien he better
http://www.supermagnete.fr/S-15-08-N ?

Is the number of hertz important to charrg a battery?
How much do you have to rotate to get 50 hertz with 12 magnet is 9 coils?

So if I understand the hertz changes with the speed of rotation? Is that bad ?

For mono or triphase I do not know the advantage and disadvantage of one is the other better mono or triphase?
THANK YOU
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/07/11, 16:26

val.du.12@hotmail.fr wrote:Is the number of hertz important to charge a battery?
Since it is right before connecting to the battery, no, the frequency does not matter.

val.du.12@hotmail.fr wrote:So if I understand correctly the hertz changes with the speed of rotation? Is that bad ?
Yes, the frequency is proportional to the speed of rotation.
It does not matter unless you connect a consumer who is sensitive to that frequency.
0 x
val.du.12@hotmail.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val.du.12@hotmail.fr » 01/07/11, 16:29

so if we go through a battery hertz no importance so we can have 10 hertz his poses no problem? THANK YOU
0 x
val.du.12@hotmail.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val.du.12@hotmail.fr » 01/07/11, 16:30

How can you calculate the power produced and the voltage before building it? thank you
0 x