Between dreams and realities in Germany

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Between dreams and realities in Germany

by sicetaitsimple » 06/02/24, 19:52

izentrop wrote:Coal is not ready to be abandoned.

Don't be so sure! They give themselves about 10 years. With will and consistency, which the Germans generally don't lack, we achieve things in 10 years!
Especially since other solutions, particularly battery storage, will develop and spread at the same time.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/24, 16:31

don't tell me that the Germans want to burn hydrogen to make electricity....... : roll: there will be a service idiot who will then offer to make hydrogen with this electricity....

wow wow the performance on the overall chain... Image, a real shadow that pumps! : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/02/24, 16:45

Remundo wrote:don't tell me that the Germans want to burn hydrogen to make electricity.......

Well yes, but only when wind power has a slack (or solar, but there the slack is daily).
In short, they want to at least partially replace the service of current coal/lignite/gas power plants with hydrogen power plants.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/24, 16:50

mouaip ...

Gas why not, but they should use biogas.

And/or mobilize hydrocarbons from the pyrogasification of organic waste.

Burning H2 is a really bad idea. That said, these are perhaps announcements to give oneself a genre...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/02/24, 17:12

A lot of biogas is already produced and burned, unfortunately in engines with poor efficiency and "on gas", without really any modulation according to electricity needs. Very little biomethane injection into the gas network
Pyrogasification, you have to go talk to them about it....I noticed that it was one of your favorite things, to each their own, for me it's more V2H or V2G.

Announcements to give themselves a genre, no, the file has been under discussion for several months.
0 x