Aerohydromonoplane by Pascal HA PHAM

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Aerohydromonoplan by Pascal HA PHAM

by gegyx » 07/02/24, 01:14

Pascal, what is the purpose of the tail which extends the plane on the other side of its axis? A balance of the mobile on the axis, an inertia?

I understood that the small fin at the end was vertical so as not to disturb the wind on that side, but what is it for? A restraint to limit sudden shifts of the mobile?
0 x
Remundo

Re: Aerohydromonoplan by Pascal HA PHAM

by Remundo » 07/02/24, 08:16

FALCON_12 wrote:But then big question for me!

Had he made the calculation that we did before launching into all these wind turbines which
use a surface repelled by the wind (drag)?

Did he do it but still think it might be interesting? or did he stick to
the usual intuition that it can only do better than a conventional wind turbine
(equal surface area used) without doing it?

Pascal imagines drag wind turbines without doing a lot of calculations. In 2009 ROBIPLAN emerged and I wrote a scientific note on the performance of this atypical wind turbine

From page 18, you will be able to read some estimates on the potential production compared between a three-blade and the BIROBI version.

Pascal's new wind turbine has features in common with the ROBIPLAN in that it starts with very weak winds, but could exploit, with adequate sizing, very strong winds, where the three-blades feather.

so I wrote
The energy advantage of ROBIPLAN
Although the efficiency of a ROBIPLAN, in particular alone, is lower than the optimum of a three-blade propeller, the fact remains that its efficiency is maintained at all wind speeds because the Robiplan starts better at low winds and is also not limited by high winds: as wind speed is very random, this therefore makes it possible to extract more energy on average, in particular for strongly windy sites.

This latest aerohydromonoplane is even more original than the ROBIPLAN, and presents a new advantage: it is omnidirectional, like the rotors of Savonius. There is no need to point it towards the wind.

And technically it is simpler than the ROBIPLAN (which needed a pair of bevel gears). It can also turn in the water more easily than the ROBIPLAN.
1 x