A wind turbine at home: Regulation for battery

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 17/02/14, 22:38

Indeed the resistance is in series with the consumer.
I was wondering if the condo would be enough to start an engine, a pump for example?

Today I tried the last diagram with a changeover relay and a 60W bulb.
The wind turbine simulated by a 10A charger, a charged battery, it sizzles and the bulb lights up strong.
When I draw 100A on the battery for 2 seconds the lamp goes out, and it comes back on 20 seconds later (approximately).
0 x
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roro04 » 18/02/14, 18:58

Re,

Ok that's perfect so if it works. Did you relay the voltage on the battery to see if it did not exceed a certain threshold?

Is this the pattern you tested? Image ?

Good night,
++
0 x
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roro04 » 19/02/14, 20:43

Bonsoir :D

So today I made good progress. After various tests it turns out that the alternator regulator that I had is out of order ... That's what seemed to me.

So I started to perform the assembly with the Mosfet (diagram in my first post) but with some modifications because it was not functional. I am not quite finished but all the first part of detection is OK. More than the power part with the mosfet to be wired : Mrgreen:

I want you to juice.

Good night,
++
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 24/07/14, 06:47

Hello Roro04 and everyone,

Here is an assembly which I carried out with components of recovery. He has been in office for a few weeks.
In standby it consumes 0.1 milliamperes.
The dissipation consumer can be a pump, at the moment I run fans.
With Radj we have an adjustment range of about half a Volt, the low threshold must be just above the no-load voltage of the charged battery. (a cloud passes and it stops immediately)
A setting on R7 is provided to adjust the high threshold without modifying the low threshold.

The on and off pushbuttons serve as remote control, only in the operating range, it is convenient for the settings.

it can also work as an adjustable "cut-off" for a lamp, by removing the R7 link.

It's "Sunday DIY" ... :P

A+
0 x