Photos ökofen pellet boiler: installation and storage

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

by Did67 » 20/04/09, 11:49

manet42 wrote:Hello,

We discussed the position of the engine: given the silent block and the square, horizontal is more logical, the problem will be subject to tech. ÖkoFEN
JC

If you have an "official" response, will you pass?

Me too, with the installer, I put it horizontally, which seems more logical given the silent-block and the flat edge integral with the engine ...

Then, on an Okofen diagram, I saw the engine vertically!

For the moment, mine has remained horizontal. I follow my logic ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 23/04/09, 13:06

Hello,

Nickous said:

"Manet42: I sent you a PM to get the contact details of your installer, being me too in 54 (near Nancy)!"

Have my PM responses arrived?
Goods.
Kind regards.

JC
0 x
nickous
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nickous » 26/04/09, 23:04

Have my PM responses arrived?

JC

Yes Yes
A big thank you to you. I am contacting your installer this week to see ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 15/05/09, 17:40

Did67 wrote:

We discussed the position of the engine: given the silent block and the square, horizontal is more logical, the problem will be subject to tech. ÖkoFEN
JC

If you have an "official" response, will you pass?

Me too, with the installer, I put it horizontally, which seems more logical given the silent-block and the flat edge integral with the engine ...

Then, on an Okofen diagram, I saw the engine vertically!

For the moment, mine has remained horizontal. I follow my logic ...

The distributor passed for the last adjustments and the warranty visit, the engine is horizontal, for him the two positions are possible, it all depends on the space available.

Kind regards.

JC
0 x
fariobis
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Questions to Christophe following photos of his installation

by fariobis » 04/12/09, 10:31

Hello,

I am thinking about the self-construction of my pellet silo and I would like to know some dimensions of your installation:

- thickness of the OSB used,
- section of amounts used,
- spacing of these amounts.

With the dimensions used, have you noticed a decline in the OSB panels due to the weight of the pellets?

Thank you in advance
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/09, 11:32

1) I will take measurements this weekend, I can't remember.

2) It's oversized because what I was looking for was not available on the day, when I had the van and the delivery / change of boiler in the middle of winter were scheduled. So I took dimensions "well above".

3) Obviously, nothing has changed.

4) A doc to download, which will already give a lot of ideas (I was based on it):

http://www.energivie.fr/medias/document ... s-bois.pdf
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 04/12/09, 12:10

I am campaigning for the flat bottom silo: (that's what I have) much easier to build by favoring a long and narrow silo to minimize the "dead" volume of granules which serves as a "reserve" in the event of unexpected arrival at the end of the silo, and also of the sawdust trap because I wonder more and more if it is such a good idea to send all the sawdust in the auger with the slopes: see the blocking problems.
0 x
Click my signature
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 04/12/09, 16:20

Hello,
In any case, here is the plan of the silo. Photos in this post.
Total volume about 10m3
Useful volume about 7 m3
Capacity 4T 800 approximately
Screw length 2m90.
V-shaped floor but not compulsory, I followed the Okofen site plans.
Screw blockage due to installer error, not due to sawdust.
Kind regards.

JC
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/09, 17:24

dirk pitt wrote:I am campaigning for the flat bottom silo: (that's what I have) much easier to build by favoring a long and narrow silo to minimize the "dead" volume of granules which serves as a "reserve" in the event of unexpected arrival at the end of the silo, and also of the sawdust trap because I wonder more and more if it is such a good idea to send all the sawdust in the auger with the slopes: see the blocking problems.

I am more nuanced (but not against!):

1) The shape is often imposed by the part: I built "instead" of two twin fuel tanks. So it's not always optimal to build lying down.

2) I also have a "reserve": the screw does not go all the way; as a manet, I used OSB to make an inclined plane in the bottom of the V but with about 0,5 m back from the end of the screw; I therefore have a "slice" of about 0,5 m at the bottom of the silo which does not empty (except with a shovel).

The advantage of my system (without wanting to brag) seems to me to be that once the level has dropped a lot above the screw and it's almost empty, before the new delivery, I can shovel on the screw and all this will be taken before the new pellets that I bring in ... I do not "keep" the old pellets from one year to the next ...

3) In these cases, you must force yourself to empty these pellets at least once every two / three years, otherwise they will disintegrate ...

4) Well, there remains the question of sawdust; for the moment one of the two problematic cases we are talking about elsewhere, that is not it; the second one waits; almost all of the screws work (a few thousand Okofen, to name just our common brand). So this is an assumption.
0 x
Nebukadnezar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nebukadnezar » 07/01/10, 16:31

Hello everyone.

living in Germany (in Saarland), and since ökofen is Austrian, I did not expect to find a forum French also active on this brand.

Small topo concerning my installation:

- old house from the 50s, exterior walls 50 cm uninsulated, roof renovated and very well insulated early 2000s

- new PVC windows installed at the end of 2008

- ökofen pe 15, 850l flask ökofen pellaqua, silo ökofen 4t

- Caron Aqua wood stove with hot water circuit (Wasserführend for Alsatians who may understand German = 0) to support the boiler

- right now (between -10 / -5 ° at night and -5 ° / -3 ° during the day) if the boiler is running alone I get 4 starts per day with 12 hours of operation

- in combination with the wood stove, if I start the stove around 8 o'clock and it runs all day, I have 2 starts and 4 hours in operation

If I think about it I will also post photos of my installation.

@ soon

Nebukadnezar
0 x