What is clean coal?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 17/06/06, 17:47

jean63 wrote:...

Does anyone know what is the best solution to eliminate the size of laurels (cherry): it does not break down into compost, I will throw it in with the green waste (but it may make methane by decomposing? very strong odor in a heap in fermentation ...). If we let it dry it burns very well, but we still send CO2 into the air.

why not BRF 8) ??

see here:
http://www.onpeutlefaire.com/articles/a-bois-rameal-fragmente.php

but especially here
http://fermedupouzat.free.fr/
: Shock: it's impressive
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 07/01/07, 11:48

Bonjour.
What about this idea that I had seen in a documentary (I don't remember which one, but cavous will surely say something) which consisted in creating large pylons, or the chemical reaction of transformation of CO2 into carbonate (like shells) would be done, thereby purifying the air?

The guy had the idea with his daughter and they built a model of the thing.

Does that say that someone has something?

And if not for "clean" coal, I think it is anyway a step forward because I doubt that we can (or that we can at least) one day do without coal altogether, there will remain a few industries that will use this to produce energy, especially as oil will increase, and coal is present in HUGE amounts in the soil, the temptation will probably be too strong not to use it if a crisis serious oil supply (and that will undoubtedly be the case within a few years when speculations will begin to be very afraid of the shortage, well I presume).
Docntoute advanced in reducing its atmospheric impact is welcome.

Dreamer
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 31/03/15, 22:06

Clean coal is the coal which ..... we don't use!

Closing next year of 4 large coal-fired thermal power plants around Beijing.
Will be replaced by gas power plants.

Beijing to close its coal power plants

March 25, 2015

[color = # FF0000] The remaining four major coal-fired power plants supplying Beijing will be shut down next year in a move to reduce pollution that averaged more than twice China's national standard last year.[/color]

The facilities will be replaced by four gas-fired stations with capacity to supply 2.6 times more electricity than the coal plants.

The closures are part of a broader trend in China, which is the world's biggest carbon emitter. Facing pressure at home and abroad, policymakers are racing to address the environmental damage seen as a byproduct of breakneck economic growth. Beijing plans to cut annual coal consumption by about 13 million tons by 2017 from the 2012 level in a bid to lower the concentration of pollutants.

Shutting all the major coal power plants in the city is estimated to cut carbon emissions of about 30 million tons, said Tian Miao, a Beijing-based analyst at North Square Blue Oak Ltd., a London-based research company with a focus on China .

“Most pollutants come from burning coal, so the closure will have a clear impact to reduce emissions,” Tian said. “The replacement with natural gas will be much cleaner with less pollution, though with a bit higher cost.”

http://www.evwind.es/2015/03/25/beijing ... ants/51166
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 02/04/15, 07:52

Replaced by gas? not only...

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/2015 ... -civil.php

"It is in fact in China that 50% of the world's new nuclear capacities should be built by 2023"
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/04/15, 19:39

It is not due to a virtuous development that results in the abolition of these coal-fired power stations, but in the recognition that the level of pollution in the capital had reached intolerable levels for the continuation of pollution ...
"Anti-pollution measures are another way to continue pollution", one could say roughly paraphrasing Clausewitz

In order for the worst of all possible worlds to be perpetuated, it is necessary that it be improved from time to time; in other words and more theologically, the harmfulness of evil is so great that it cannot exist without a certain amount of good.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/04/15, 19:54

Ahmed wrote:It is not due to a virtuous development that results in the abolition of these coal-fired power stations, but in the recognition that the level of pollution in the capital had reached intolerable levels for the continuation of pollution ...
"Anti-pollution measures are another way to continue pollution", one could say roughly paraphrasing Clausewitz

In order for the worst of all possible worlds to be perpetuated, it is necessary that it be improved from time to time; in other words and more theologically, the harmfulness of evil is so great that it cannot exist without a certain amount of good.

I do not know if it is possible to formulate things better!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/04/15, 20:42

China refuses a delivery of North Korean coal because it is too rich in Mercury.

China rejects another imports of N. Korean anthracite coal: report

Published: 2015-04-04

BEIJING - China has returned a shipment of anthracite coal to North Korea because it failed to meet standards for mercury emissions, according to a local report on Saturday.

This appears to be the second rejection by China of the North Korean mineral this year.

The shipment arrived at the Longkou port of China's northern coastal province of Shandong late last month, but was returned as its quality did not satisfy China's environmental regulations, iQiru.com, a local Shandong Internet news site, reported, citing an unnamed Longkou port official .

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20150404000088
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/04/15, 22:11

We look forward to seeing you! Sen-no-sen, your praise goes straight to my heart!

Moinsdewatt, However Mercury is the god of traders!
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 05/04/15, 15:01

Yes once again you have formulated the situation very well, Ahmed.
A great evil and a little bit of good *, that relativizes my reflection of the other day concerning a possible awareness faster in China than in Europe.
While in China the bulldozers are running at full speed.
But what is the proportion of rich and poor in China?
What about those who have not yet converted to the system? Those who live with little or no money, are they a "reserve" of poor people for the future of the system? (around the world).

* If we questioned the few billion humans individually, would we get this result?
A majority of individuals who think they are on the side of good, while thinking of living badly ...

ps: Korean mercury coal will necessarily be burned somewhere ...
I had read a study which concluded that an incandescent light bulb powered by a coal-fired power plant emits more mercury during its short life than what a compact fluorescent light bulb contains.
So the mercury in the coal is "normal"!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/04/15, 18:17

Dede, you wrote:
If we questioned the few billion humans individually, would we get this result?
A majority of individuals who think they are on the side of good, while thinking of living badly ...

Of course, the perception of good and evil has a subjective dimension, but what is important is that individuals fundamentally not subject to evil can, however, actively contribute to it, not only on others, but also and indirectly at their expense, because of systemic mediation.

Further:
But what is the proportion of rich and poor in China?

I don't know the respective figures, but China has copied from an outdated European model and has made the bet to surpass this model. It is actually a real experience in real size and accelerated, from our initial evolution to a state close to ours. Therefore, it concentrates and amplifies our contradictions, which makes its observation fascinating, because the failure of this project is contained in its success and will be proportional to it. If, by chance, certain contradictions in the accumulation of value could once again be overcome, the fact remains that the immense reservoir of population in this country would be useless since the current phase (which is far from full employment) is transitory, therefore intended to disappear quickly.

Finally:
What about those who have not yet converted to the system? Those who live with little or no money, are they a "reserve" of poor people for the future of the system? (Around the world?)

For the reasons mentioned above, the success of the capitalist economic model which required for its expansion, then its survival, the conquest of ever larger territories and an increasingly large and poorer workforce. a last mutation which always reduces the recourse to human labor, which implies in the short term a radical contradiction of its functioning: by accelerating its metabolism once again, it precipitates its loss.
"Those who live without money, or almost", according to the temporality of the events, have a considerable and probably decisive advantage for surviving economic collapse, because they have preserved what we have almost completely lost: their psychic autonomy, their know-how (which is not just a question of which button to press) and their solidarity.
Perhaps we are the dinosaurs and they are the small mammals of the current era ...
0 x