EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

by izentrop » 13/01/23, 20:05

European electricity market: France is preparing for a showdown
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/01/23, 20:16

SebastianL wrote:The subtle difference is that injection into the network requires a "voluntary" customer opposite, which gives a real market price.

That's just bullshit! Find me a single "normal" ENR producer who is looking for a "volunteer" customer opposite before injecting! And explain to me why he would want to change?
Admittedly, there are (a few) PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), but precisely it is not short term but a purchase/sale contract over several years.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 13/01/23, 21:16

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:The subtle difference is that injection into the network requires a "voluntary" customer opposite, which gives a real market price.

That's just bullshit! Find me a single "normal" ENR producer who is looking for a "volunteer" customer opposite before injecting! And explain to me why he would want to change?
Admittedly, there are (a few) PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), but precisely it is not short term but a purchase/sale contract over several years.

Ah well, that's sure going to make them look funny if there's no VE and "weather compliant" user opposite, but that's the very idea of ​​a market price, demand and supply!
Otherwise we don't call it a market price and that suits me too because all this will collapse ideologically because "the invisible hand and all the usual bullshit" is not there.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 13/01/23, 21:55

If we try to understand how we took the arenh in the teeth, we can easily understand that a Europe that wants a strong development of renewable energies does not want to see EDF monopolize the customer storage that are ECS and VE through a linky solution, provided directly for this purpose.
Solution that is very different from a full hour off-peak rate at the initiative of the customer who is willing to buy at a better rate. Linky is the basis of its design a scam to the customer.
Europe then demanded a separation of the distribution network of the producer EDF, so that the storage is accessible for the 2 modes of production, renewable energy and nuclear.
The amortized nuclear income is already much more debatable insofar as it is necessary to reinvest in new power plants, we should never have accepted that
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 14/01/23, 22:32

: Shock:

If electricity contracts are more expensive, it is because of consumers who did not want power cuts…

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/01/23, 22:54

Ruine à Chier basket always ready to drool to clear Macronie.

take a look at this sketch

this bitch hasn't often set foot in the factory... it's not a punishment han!
1 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 14/01/23, 23:09

gegyx wrote:: Shock:
If electricity contracts are more expensive, it is because of consumers who did not want power cuts…

I no longer know who said that 50% of the winter peak in Europe is generated by France so when we go to tell the Germans that our energy mix is ​​90% managed in France, they will kindly tell us that the price kwhe gas also includes the cost of the gas plant, which they built just for us and for very few hours per year. So we will certainly pay less often but a lot more when we pay it's not bad in the end we ask the Germans to subsidize our winter backup...
It will be alright : Cheesy:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 14/01/23, 23:36

SebastianL wrote: they will kindly tell us that the price of kwhe gas also includes the cost of the gas plant, which they built just for us and for very few hours per year.

Anything. The Germans have built gas power plants to compensate for their gradual abandonment of nuclear power since 2011 and will continue to build them if they stick to their programmed schedule of abandoning coal/lignite by 2038, not to please their neighbours. This is to back up their renewables, which still represent around 50% of their annual electricity production today.
That they use it to export in certain cases, and that they pass on part of the costs of the plant in addition to the cost of gas and CO2, plus their commercial margin, is absolutely nothing abnormal.

PS: all this independently of current events and their repercussions on the availability and price of gas, of course. But smart one who is able to say what the situation will be in 1,2 or 3 years.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 15/01/23, 00:17

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote: they will kindly tell us that the price of kwhe gas also includes the cost of the gas plant, which they built just for us and for very few hours per year.

This is to back up their renewables, which still represent around 50% of their annual electricity production today.
That they use it to export in certain cases, and that they pass on part of the costs of the plant in addition to the cost of gas and CO2, plus their commercial margin, is absolutely nothing abnormal.

PS: all this independently of current events and their repercussions on the availability and price of gas, of course. But smart one who is able to say what the situation will be in 1,2 or 3 years.

I thought that the "theory" of expansion was out of fashion, yes we will see in 1,2,3 years.
I put a ticket that they will transform part of their coal into gas and that the carbon tax will wait
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 18/01/23, 22:34

: Shock:

https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/en ... 413f2d7cce

We were already walking on the nuclear side... it is now hardly better on the gas side.
0 x