electrolysis improved

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
delnoram

by delnoram » 01/08/06, 23:31

tof written
Super, thank you, I wanted to see. You would not have any chance to his schema (with black, blue, red)? STP.

Benoit writes
In black it is the magnet in the shape of a crown.
- In blue it is an iron core.
- In red it's an iron shell. also

The two iron parts are solid, but not in contact electrically.

So I immersed all in water solution with caustic soda, and plugged the 12V battery on the iron parts.

By swapping the poles of the battery, we change the direction of rotation of the water (and H2 / O2 bubbles).

for the schema desolé not found
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
tof
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tof » 02/08/06, 03:52

Okay, thanks, not serious, the most important being the video, at least, it opens your eyes!

If someone who already had enough to do electrolysis could quickly try it, it would be nice, and would allow to advance the schmilblick.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/08/06, 09:33

Yes, I have what it takes, I realize that tonight, and I pass you the video

Look what I just found on another forum:

I just post the questions below

If you had really electrolysed water, you would have observed a gas release at both electrodes (H2 on one side, O2 on the other).

The problem is not simple
From the moment you want to use an aqueous solution to conduct the current, you will always have problems, unless you use a potential difference between the electrodes which is weak, less than 1,23V (electrochemical window of the water, without consider kinetic effects at the electrodes).
Then pure water is not conductive (or very little) must use electrolytes that conduct the current effectively. There, no choice, the two best are H3O + and OH- in the water. Prefer an acid solution, more conductive.
Your solution must be electrically neutral, an anion must be put with H3O + and have a potential for oxidation-reduction greater than 1,23V, Cl- for example.
Finally, last point, it is imperative to use an AC voltage, to avoid the polarization of the electrodes (accumulation of charged species on the electrodes and therefore decrease in conductivity).
So, a solution of HCl 0,1mol.l-1 (pH slightly higher than 1), lower AC voltage to 1,23V if you use fast electrodes

Hello sburmate

The potential for oxidation reduction of water is 0.41V or 1.23V?

Reaction at the anode (Oxidation): 2H²O (liquid) -> O² (gas) + 4H + (aqueous) + 4e- + 0,82V
Cathode reaction (Reduction): 4H²O (liquid) + 4e- -> 2H² (gas) + 4OH- (aqueous) -0,41V

Can we really perform an electrolysis at a voltage lower than 1.23V?

What is this accumulation of species around the electrodes if we do not use alternating current?

What is the ideal frequency for electrolysis of water?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Pascal
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/08/06, 11:00

Well seen the link Tof, if the electrolysis is improved, it is because the movement of the water increases the surface of the electrodes and, perhaps, reduces the effect stack by limiting the contact of the gas on the electrodes .

I found 2 funny things a little off topic although interesting:

Water clock and lemon pile
http://dspt.club.fr/Citron2V.htm
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/08/06, 11:46

On Conrad, Radiospares, even well-written links ( : Cheesy: ) do not survive.
Water clock
Go to the website conrad.fr
And search by item code, the reference " 074140-62 "

For the lemon pile, the corrected address is
http://dspt.club.fr/Citron2V.htm
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/08/06, 12:05

Well, let's summarize

It is necessary to test the MHD (I will try tonight to reproduce the TP of benoit)

It is necessary to measure the stack effect in static then turbulent (shake the electrodes or movement of water)

You have to check if a laser can ionize the water

We must learn about the technique of electrolysis with MASER

Will have to share the task, and I know that some of us are vaccinated (personally I leave the 12 until late August)

I think that until the end of the vaccinations, we should only post tests and results.

Pascal

(edited by ex-oceanic: 04 / 08 / 06-21: 37 image link)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/08/06, 12:11

to Cpt Maloche, about the stack effect:

test done: an electrolysis cell NaOH, 2%
I put a voltmeter on the terminals, as well as a 1000 ohm resistor, just to see if it was beefy or not.
when I disconnect the electrolysis generator, I have 1,7 volts that drops in qq seconds to 1, 37 and then continues to fall: face 6V 5 amps, in this case, it does not matter.

Warning:
if my memories are good, the voltage of an electrolytic couple depends on the difference of electronegativity of 2 metals.

example:
Ni Cd: 1,2 V
Zn Coal: 1,5 V approximately
Pb-Pb02 (lead acid batteries) 1,2 V
Sodium sulfur, much more (there had been some tests in the 70 years, abandoned pcq too complex)

indeed, with stainless steel electrodes it should not be simple because stainless steel is an alloy, which must give a couple
"majority metal - most oxidizable metal"
and vary according to whether one is in a base or an acid
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/08/06, 12:15

gegyx thank you

Maser

Acronym for Microwave or Molecular Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiations, Microwave amplification device by stimulated emission of radiation.

The microwaves emitted (stimulated emission) by the maser are obtained by artificially increasing the number of atoms emitting at a given frequency.

This increase is obtained by exciting a medium according to a principle similar to that of optical pumping used in the laser.

There are solid, liquid or gas masers (amplifying medium).

Phys. The ammonia maser, is the reference of atomic clocks, the hydrogen maser is used in astrophysics. Masers are used to amplify microwaves in radio astronomy.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/08/06, 12:25

I just had a look at the experience of the magnet that turns, it makes me think about the good old record of Nipkow, in other words, it is very close to a record of electric meter.

it's not bad, in fact, but I think that the effect is mechanical, we always come back to the good old proposal to shake the plates ultrasound, it is unfortunately an experience that I can not do before a week or two, just to make the room arrive and build the generator

(This bubble is all the better as the surface is not huge, but we do not know the current)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/08/06, 13:16

elephant,
1,7V is rather high, our electrodes are far from pure ...

The Maser is like the laser except that it emits in a longer wavelength (mico waves)

http://einstein.stanford.edu/content/faqs/maser.html
0 x