LED Bulbs: actual consumption and trials

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
carb0ne14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by carb0ne14 » 22/01/11, 17:35

Hello everyone, and
thank you for your welcome.

dedeleco: you say 50 000 80 000 to h ... is that this would not be a bit pretentious? 8)

Indeed, if you do the math 50000 / go to 6h / day ... it's basically 8000 days ... either: 8000 / 365 22 years !!!! = : Shock:
I do not think we should exaggerate. M'enfin, it's true! ... who can the most can the least! : Lol:

Yet? ... Find me a roof, a stove, a boiler that has never had a problem in 22 years? : Mrgreen:

Me? ... I do not expect more 5 / 6 years ... 13 14000 h ... is not bad! no ?

After 5 years (even 2)? ... performance, prices, models, etc ... will change. So .... no need to break the core.

What matters is the conso and its impact on the electricity bill by year's end. : Wink:

Finally ! that's what I think but everyone does want to ski. : Lol:
Sincerely yours
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/01/11, 19:12

Certainly the LEDs have this claim on their packaging!
10 both good fluos and 50 times incandescent lamps !!

This justifies their use more, as in all traffic lights red, green and orange of all France because 50 dividing the costs of maintenance of the lights down by increasing the security of 50 times !!

It is a reality if the LED is mounted, well chilledBut decreasing life by two, when its actual temperature decreases of about 10 ° C (see specifications that I had put on econology)
If at 0 ° C is more, due to the mounting plate on a secluded Peltier (if well insulated) to achieve more in life !! .

Also, pay close attention to their actual installation because with shade or other stuff, that cut the flow of air by convection, the lifespan dramatically tumbles even slightly heated 40 or 50 ° C, insignificant compared to lamps incandescent !!

But many Chinese LED is bullshit because poorly cooled.
Last edited by dedeleco the 23 / 01 / 11, 14: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/01/11, 00:09

Today I cleaned the windows and light bulbs (cemetery of insects). I made a mistake above when speaking of incandescent lighting, because they are compact fluorescent.

I have the nasty habit of writing on the base of the bulbs, with a marker to CD, the date of commissioning.
So I had the pleasant surprise of contater in service since 4ans and a half. 8)
I put time or incandescent, I replaced them all to 6 8 months ...
However, I deplore some discomfort in the ignition, due to the lighting blaffard. :?
So I decide I do not would replace them with compact fluorescent GX53 on base but with LEDs to be sure to overcome this drawback, even me myself mount these LED lighting to achieve a 230V transformerless due to congestion.

My various solicitation emails to LED distributors remain unanswered to this day ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/01/11, 00:42

carb0ne14 wrote:Well, compared to incandescence, installing the bass conso throughout my house made me earn half (that's a minimum) of my invoice lighting.

Now I put LEDs everywhere ... I still divides the notes 2!
I used to specify the purpose of the skilled person that you are. :?

Many inattentive readers do not fall under the essential accuracy: invoice lighting

We have already gloated on the forum a statement made by a televised 20h journalist ... who used to say that we could
"divide your electricity bill by 3 by using low-consumption light bulbs"...: Shock:

In fact, the share of lighting in the electric bill averages 15%, it can achieve exceptionally 30% for very dark housing, lack of electric heating, and lit primarily with halogen bulbs high power. ..
For homes with electric heating, the part of the illumination falls below 10%.
Personally, I find my energy lighting around 1,5kWh / day while I consume about 12kWh / day for the rest (heating and hot water are electric). On my overall bill, with the consumption of electric cars (about 30kwh / day), lighting accounts for about 3% of the bill ...

So in the case where lighting represents 15% of the bill (average case), dividing by 3 the "lighting consumption" by switching to LEDs will only lower the total bill by 10% ...
0 x
not cool
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by not cool » 25/01/11, 13:06

I made a very serious calculation home with an EXCEL before taking LED file. because the price of the latter may disuader!

I took into account an energetic inflation of 30% in 10 years.
0.12 CTS KW / H in 2011.
Took an LED bulb to 10 years of life and to two halogen 10 years (the lifespan is shorter I count two halogen to LED in 10 years)
=> for a chandelier of 8 LED lamps 3.5W instead of halogen 20W
on 10 years 46 it saves me €.

I 10 bright spot in my house.
On 10 years, I honestly think it's worth the cost, it's an investment! long-term.

Not cool ;-)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/01/11, 16:36

Good quality LEDs and not hot (no Chinese stings) are to 5 25 times the life of halogen and fluorescent!

50000 hours for LED with good electronics (never current above the correct value, not even a microsecond, nor T above T outside :
http://www.ddmagazine.com/1421-Les-lamp ... heter.html

Halogen 2000h
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampe_%C3% ... og%C3%A8ne

This is clearly visible in the red and green traffic lights to LEDs yet

But it's hard to become aware of it with Chinese junk !!
0 x
not cool
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by not cool » 25/01/11, 16:49

dedeleco wrote:Good quality LEDs and not hot (no Chinese stings) are to 5 25 times the life of halogen and fluorescent!

50000 hours for LED with good electronics (never current above the correct value, not even a microsecond, nor T above T outside :
http://www.ddmagazine.com/1421-Les-lamp ... heter.html

Halogen 2000h
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampe_%C3% ... og%C3%A8ne

This is clearly visible in the red and green traffic lights to LEDs yet

But it's hard to become aware of it with Chinese junk !!

-----------------------

50000 hours with continuously lit LED (6ans), which is never the case, they are turned on and off several times / day, and like all devices powered on, it is that it uses the product ...
Therefore they will never (40 years)!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/01/11, 17:18

No, they are not fluorescent, at all, it can turn very often like those red lights, duration unchanged !!

Their physique is completely different and therefore wear completely different, must root out the old false ideas become !!!
Their well designed electronics have the same lifetime !!

One can conceive itself this electronic components dimensioned so !!

But if running too high, or too hot shortened life to a few seconds !!!!!!!!
exponential !!!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 25/01/11, 17:42

dedeleco wrote:No, they are not fluorescent, at all, it can turn very often like those red lights, duration unchanged !!

Their physique is completely different and therefore wear completely different, must root out the old false ideas become !!!
Their well designed electronics have the same lifetime !!

Anyway on my box of machines (several hundreds of bikes), the LEDs that turn on and off constantly 10ans sometimes take sometimes only 1 months (depends on the quality and color, are the most resistant red and then green), but the white that were purchased time to replace incandescent in 12 24v and I've never seen that take more than a few months ... besides we do buys more: return to incandescent / halogen for all white bright spots for the biggest: fluo ...
Also the white LED does not perform better than the fluorescent while the red LED ~ 5x are more economical to equal light output ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/01/11, 18:15

Do not confuse the led electronic component alone and LED lamp!

the unfortunate habit of putting the same thing diode LED and power electronics, to make compatible lamp w ith incandescante is ecologically wrong ... too often miniaturized electronics supply is unreliable ... and too hot. ..

it would be much more serious to put a box separate power well done, and led only tiny cheap and low voltage, so without security isolation
0 x