Fuel Saver: turbulence generator

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 10/12/06, 21:15

In order to obtain an optimal blade profile we could copy certain boat propellers. It seems to me that they have the same function as the turbulator but in the other direction. I had seen some that had the same kind of shape as the turbulators at André but in less extreme.

In addition the "captain" had explained to me that there were several profiles depending on whether we wanted to go fast or to carry weight.
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 10/12/06, 23:12

Hi Bolt,

How do you want me to make a serious mounting in a hole 34mm in diameter and 2cm thick?

But concerning the turbulator, I simply wonder if spraying fuel away from the cylinders is not precisely the cause of consumption:

In recent engines, the injection is made directly into the cylinders in the liquid phase, the fuel evaporates and gains in volume by passing into the gas phase, which improves the efficiency.

In Crap engines like twingo V1 single point injection or traditional venturi carbs, the injection is made before the butterfly in liquid phase, then mixes with air and passes through the air intake manifold (most often cast aluminum) and goes into the gas phase before entering the cylinders.

On my 1 twingo V1994, you just have to see the interior of the air intake manifold, lined with a light "tar", the result of the evaporation of gasoline on its walls.

It is also fun to open the throttle at idle speed without "moving" the potentiometer which goes to the computer to see that the engine speed is racing to 2500 rpm at least with the idle injection : Evil: that wasted

All that to say that since there is only one injector for 4 cylinders, there is a maximum loss when the throttle is closed

Hi nialabert

Yes, there are speed propellers and pressure propellers, the latter having overlapping blades.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 11/12/06, 10:33

nialabert wrote:In order to obtain an optimal blade profile we could copy certain boat propellers. It seems to me that they have the same function as the turbulator but in the other direction. I had seen some that had the same kind of shape as the turbulators at André but in less extreme.

In addition the "captain" had explained to me that there were several profiles depending on whether we wanted to go fast or to carry weight.

Hello

There is not much chance that it works, the propellers of boat are designed (except rare exception) to work in an incomprehensible fluid whereas a turbulator is in a compressible fluid. it changes a lot.
See rather the rating of planes !!!!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 11/12/06, 17:21

zac wrote:
nialabert wrote:In order to obtain an optimal blade profile we could copy certain boat propellers. It seems to me that they have the same function as the turbulator but in the other direction. I had seen some that had the same kind of shape as the turbulators at André but in less extreme.

Hello

There is not much chance that it works, the propellers of boat are designed (except rare exception) to work in an incomprehensible fluid whereas a turbulator is in a compressible fluid. it changes a lot.
See rather the rating of planes !!!!

@+

Could we not make the assumption that we are in an incompressible fluid ??

Finally we only change the flow whether it is in water or air.

There are many aerodynamic tests in water !!
0 x

zac

by zac » 11/12/06, 19:56

nialabert wrote:There are many aerodynamic tests in water !!

Hello

yes it's called hydrodynamic tests :P

@+
0 x

nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 11/12/06, 20:17

zac wrote:
nialabert wrote:There are many aerodynamic tests in water !!

Hello

yes it's called hydrodynamic tests :P

@+

No must : Lol:

But it is for the purpose of testing the future aerodynamics of a model.
0 x

zac

by zac » 11/12/06, 20:40

nialabert wrote:But it is for the purpose of testing the future aerodynamics of a model.

Sorry but in water it is the future hydrodynamics : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x

nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 11/12/06, 21:00

zac wrote:
nialabert wrote:But it is for the purpose of testing the future aerodynamics of a model.

Sorry but in water it is the future hydrodynamics : Mrgreen:
@+

Okay so they test the turbulence created by the object in a FLUID.

That way everyone is happy
0 x

zac

by zac » 11/12/06, 21:12

Propper shipping

and the very pretty turbulences they have not the same form in an incompressible fluid and in a compressible fluid;

:?: asks andre why a propeller pulls less at 30000feet than at 300 feet

@+

PS: don't sulk
0 x

I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/12/06, 21:30

zac wrote:exact
and the very pretty turbulences they have not the same form in an incompressible fluid and in a compressible fluid;
:?: asks andre why a propeller pulls less at 30000feet than at 300 feet

Sorry to contradict you but between 300 and 30 000 feet it is not the compressible or incompressible nature of the fluid that changes, but its density.

Between 30m and 300m depth water remains incompressible but does not behave the same way with the propellers of a submarine.
I think notament to cavitation phenomena that are related to a dissociation of the water molecule (cold fusion / sonofusion / sonoluminescence) 8)
0 x