Request for information: 12kW electric motor on battery

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
parfaitelumiere
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by parfaitelumiere » 05/08/09, 17:14

It would be possible against zapping the batteries and put the generator directly with the electric motor?
To keep a battery to feed the group, that would suffice it?
Or does it necessarily have a buffer between the group and the electric motor (capacitors?)
I will see this forum electric cars!
0 x
Sap can!
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 05/08/09, 18:20

here is a subject or I would like to have an answer because it seems to me playable if we put a group of 8kw for an engine of 4kw that would avoid the group to be fair for the demaarage engine no?
0 x
parfaitelumiere
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by parfaitelumiere » 05/08/09, 19:35

I believe that many are asking questions, but the answers are not too obvious.
I do not know why, but when I see a chart, I struggle, but I have trouble, all formulas ...
I would have a teacher physics-chemistry friend, talented and super patient to help, after it would be better, it would revive the machine, I have bad school memories ...

for the moment, if I understand correctly, to have a torque at the wheel at a given speed, or we put a slow engine, which consumes little in volts, but many in amps, is a fast engine that consumes little in amperes and a lot in volts.
After, it remains to be seen how the generating sets behave.
I hope I'm not wrong.
0 x
Sap can!
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/08/09, 21:25

Hello perfectlumiere and Lamure!

It is quite fesable but with good knowledge of electric engines, which is not the case for ordinary mortals, you can invest a lot of money and time with very disappointing results.

The simplest as mentioned above in the subject is to recover a vehicle and modify it.
:?
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

welcome back to all

by Blackberry » 03/05/10, 11:59

here I am about to buy an electric ax without battery and I would like to directly connect a generator (fuel oil :) ) to provide the necessary current if it is possible tell me what I need as equipment to run the engine.
the type of group knowing that the engine of the 11kw ax demand power!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/05/10, 13:13

Hi Lamure!

What is an electric ax?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/05/10, 17:16

It all depends on the characteristics of the missing battery of this electrical AX (voltage, current).
Otherwise you have to determine them by rotating the engine in DC voltage on batteries and loading it mechanically up to 11KW (it will heat up, a cyclist thoroughly produces 200W, to fix the ideas!).
After it must have a converter 11KW AC three-phase to DC for this voltage and with this power well protected (given its price) to connect it to the generator!

Basic theoretical answer without guarantee on the unexpected and more complex problems related to the different elements.

Anyway, the wallet will empty with all that !!

Finally I do not understand why we do not connect the engine to the fuel directly in place of the electric motor to the machine to run ?????
In the end as much as buying a used car in fuel ?????

Reply theorist that simplifies !!!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/05/10, 18:10

Good I find the information of your Peugeot AX with engine Leroy-Somers SA-13

The engine runs on 120 volts of batteries so it is possible to use a diesel generator on a condition that it is 120 AC output volts such as those sold here in Canada and USA!
(Sometimes in the neutral you get this 120 volts AC so you put the diodes of the neutral at each phase phases)

With power diodes 200amps and capacitors you can convert this 120 volts AC to 140 DC, reducing the speed of the diesel engine you will get an 120 DC volts.
:D

For info, here is a PDF of your vehicle: http://www.elektromobily.org/w/images/0 ... manual.pdf

:D
0 x

Alain
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/05/10, 18:26

Blackberry

While browsing the PFD the idea came to ask you why you do not just use 10 batteries of 12 volts freeze instead of the existing pack, your autonomy would be around 30 kms, which is good for most journeys, you buy a small Chinese diesel generator that you put in the trunk or on a small trailer to directly feed the charger included in the car and thus increase its autonomy! : Idea:
0 x

Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/05/10, 18:53

Mountings of lead-gel batteries in AX or other Peugeot - Citroën electric have already been made. Autonomy then peaks around 50km, which is enough for many people.
The main problem is the longevity and therefore the profitability of such batteries compared to the original NiCd (mine have more than 10ans).

Concerning the voltage delivered by a generator, it can reach 140V CC.

Small precision, the Leroy Somer engine does well 11 nominal kW but rises to 20 kW peak if necessary.
Buying a "paperweight" (name for a vehicle without batteries and therefore not running) exposes the buyer to end up with other broken down components such as the computer, the charger, the engine ...

If anyone has references for power diodes 200A and a crobar start on how to modify a generator to deliver a continuous voltage of 140V max from 230V or 400V alternative, that interests me.
8)
0 x